DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Downloaded Youtube videos not working properly in VEGAS Pro

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32
Hi,

I notice that it becomes more and more difficult to complement videos with clips DL from Youtube. I explain: I am now trying to get a specific Youtube clip with a takeoff with Aerolinas Argentinas from Buenos Aires. I use a recognized Youtube DL app. The result is that I get the only the audio part and not the video part when apply it to the timeline in Vegas Pro 19 and 20 and I cannot use it at all in Vegas Pro 16. But I can use it (audio and video) with the VLC app.

Is it my app.? This is recent. No commercial clips are being Dl...don't get it? If someone has an answer...thanks.

Michel. 
Last Edit:24 Aug 2023 14:59 by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Downloaded Youtube videos not working properly in VEGAS Pro

Posted 24 Aug 2023 15:19 #2
YouTube videos are available in multiple different formats now.
MP4 (H.264) is the only one guaranteed to work in all versions of Vegas Pro - both the Audio and Video components.
There are also different Audio Codecs.
There are basically 3 video formats (codecs) and also different file extensions (.mp4 or .mkv).
H.264
VP9
AV1

This means there are a HUGE number of possible combinations, of Audio Codecs, Video Codecs and File Extensions.
Different YouTube downloaders often use different settings as well.

Here are your options:
1. After you download a YouTube video, use Handbrake to convert it into an .mp4 file using H.264 codec.
Here is an old tutorial, made with an older version of Handbrake, but will still work with latest version of Handbrake:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/other-software/handbrake-v1-1-1-beginners-guide-for-best-video-export-settings

2. Check to see if your YT downloader has different settings/options to select .mp4 or .mkv

3. Try a different YT downloader.
I use 2 different downloaders:
a) 4K Video Downloader (paid version) - a free version is also available.
www.4kdownload.com/products/videodownloader-41
b) J Downloader 2 - this is a downloader for nerds and is extremely powerful.
It gives you the ability to select the exact codecs and file extensions you prefer to use. It can be a bit overwhelming to learn how to use at first.
It can also be difficult to install, because most web browsers and Windows will try to block it and claim it is dangerous, which it is not.
You need to know how to bypass security warnings.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by Michel on topic Downloaded Youtube videos not working properly in VEGAS Pro

Posted 24 Aug 2023 21:06 #3
Hi Derek,

Thanks for those great explanations...I will look into that.

Have a nice one.

Michel
by Michel

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.090 seconds