VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Updating Files in Explorer as they are loaded

• Van Of Action .com
  • Van Of Action .com's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Video Blogger About My Van Build and Experiences
  • Thank you received: 1

Updating Files in Explorer as they are loaded was created by Van Of Action .com

Posted 30 Sep 2023 10:14 #1
I hope everyone is well and ready for a good Thanks Giving.

I am a new user of Vegas 20 (if that's the right way to say it).  But I used Sony Platinum stuff for a long time.

I tend to edit images and videos and sound  as I go - then upload them into the folder for the video I'm working on - then import them into the time line as needed.

In Sony Platinum I could update the folders in explorer by hitting "shift + F6" I think .... might have been F5.  Anyway, doing that would update the complete explorer files.

I have downloaded the short cut key document and clicked for hours but I can't find a way to update in Vegas.  I'm constantly exiting and re-opening .......  there has to be a better way .....

Thanks and cheers

Dave Chomitz

VanOfAction.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Updating Files in Explorer as they are loaded

Posted 01 Oct 2023 13:48 #2
Hi Dave

Some of those Keyboard Shortcuts in my download, may need to be updated - that's a job on my to do list.

To refresh the view in the Explorer window, there are two ways you can do this.
The Keyboard Shortcut is F5 - this is the same keyboard shortcut that Windows uses in Documents (File Explorer).

There is also a button you can press at the top of the File Explorer window in VEGAS Pro 20.

Additional Information - Build versions
Make sure you have the final build version for VEGAS Pro 20 installed, which is build #411.
Open VEGAS and go to Help / About, to find which version you have installed.
Older versions of VP20, had a bug in the Explorer window, which was fixed in an update.
You can download Build 411 here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/doctor-zen-faq/vegas-pro-20-update-history

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:01 Oct 2023 13:54 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.838 seconds