VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved GPU Not Avaiable

• Robert
  • Robert's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 4

GPU Not Avaiable was created by Robert

Posted 21 Apr 2016 07:57 #1
I've been having troubles with Vegas Pro 12 trying to get it to recognize my GPU. I Have Nvida GeForce GTX960 Card. Windows manager says it there and operational. In Vegas in the preferences tab I can select it and when I try to render I select the "Custom Settings" and under "Encode Mode" I select "Render GPU if available". When I select the "Systems" tab and click on "Check GPU" I get "No GPU Available".
I hope it's something I've overlooked. My System is:
Windows 7 with an Intel i7-4790K CPU@4.00 GHz and 16 gig RAM. it's a 64 bit system.
Any ideas on what's the problem?

Robert
Last Edit:24 May 2016 11:48 by Robert
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic GPU Not Avaiable

Posted 21 Apr 2016 22:10 #2
You might want to read the following SCS KB article.
GPU Acceleration explained

The last but one paragraph may have the answer.
Last Edit:21 Apr 2016 22:13 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic GPU Not Avaiable

Posted 22 Apr 2016 00:16 #3
Hi Robert,

Here is another article which may be of some help explaining it.

Video Cards for Vegas and Movie Studio
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

• Robert
  • Robert's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Robert on topic GPU Not Avaiable

Posted 22 Apr 2016 13:15 #4
Thanks for the info. I was getting such quick renderings last year when i did a similar project. this year i've been having so much trouble. I finished the rendering of the 1 hour 22 minute play and now I'm trying again without the GPU and only set for the CPU. after 4 hours I have 4 hours to go. So, something has changed for sure. I was ready to format and start over. This is sure a strain on the brain. Were's my Amiga 2000 when I need it. probably in a dumpster somewhere.Guess I'll order the AMD GPU and see if that helps. I guess the Nvidia will make a nice doorstop.

Robert
by Robert

Replied by vkmast on topic GPU Not Avaiable

Posted 22 Apr 2016 22:45 #5

Robert wrote: ~~ I was getting such quick renderings last year when I did a similar project. this year I've been having so much trouble. I finished the rendering of the 1 hour 22 minute play and now I'm trying again without the GPU and only set for the CPU. after 4 hours I have 4 hours to go. So, something has changed for sure. ~~Robert

Have you tried using drivers for certain NVIDIA GPUs (GeForce 337.88 or older) required for GPU-accelerated AVC rendering as advised in the SCS KB article linked above? You say you updated the card. Does that mean you are now using a later driver version than before?
Last Edit:22 Apr 2016 22:47 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.878 seconds