VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved No audio after burning

• phiwe
  • phiwe's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 5

No audio after burning was created by phiwe

Posted 05 Jul 2017 03:41 #1
After burning dvd with menus there is no audio on my video except menu audio. Errors reported, see attachment

I noticed error report before burning bt did not know how to remove errors?

Using DVD architec 5
Last Edit:05 Jul 2017 10:40 by phiwe
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic No audio after burning

Posted 05 Jul 2017 13:42 #2
Please take a proper screen shot and upload to the forum.
No one can read the blurry photo you uploaded.
I have just written a new forum article, that teaches how to create and upload a screen shot here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/welcome-to-msz/1541-how-to-take-a-screen-shot-of-your-desktop-and-upload-it-to-the-forum

Please also upload a copy of your DVD Architect .dar project file, so I can inspect it.

No audio with the video, means you did something wrong back in Vegas Movie Studio.
Video and Audio files rendered with Vegas for DVD, must be saved using the exact same name and saved in the exact same folder.
Only the video files need to be imported into DVDA - the program will automatically import the audio for you.

You should also use the Preview Function in DVDA before you burn a disc.
The Preview function will show you what is and is not working.
Always do this before wasting a disc.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:05 Jul 2017 13:43 by DoctorZen

• phiwe
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by phiwe on topic No audio after burning

Posted 06 Jul 2017 03:34 #3
I just transfered the video to a USB. still no audio when played on a TV. I must have switched off audio on msp by mistake. Will re-render soon and see what happens.
by phiwe

Posted 06 Jul 2017 12:51 #4
I recommend you read this FAQ about rendering video for DVD:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/167-how-to-render-a-dvd-for-dvd-architect
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• phiwe
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 12 Jul 2017 21:42 #5
I have rendered following video tip on the link. Why then when i render video to a hard drive wen i want to create a DVD with a video previously saved on hard drive, it does not play audio or the format is not accepted by DVDA But when i render video straight to be saved on DVDA it does play with no problems?
by phiwe

Posted 13 Jul 2017 00:14 #6
Please supply specific information about the format you rendered to.
I also never received an updated readable screen shot of your DVDA project, which makes it difficult to comment about that.

Which exact version of Movie Studio are you using ?
Once I know which version you are using, I will show you exactly which format and template to use.

Please also note, that if you render audio and video using the default templates in Movie Studio, they will be separate streams. Which means they will only work once imported into DVDA.

If you try and play a video outside of DVDA, like on a USB drive, there will be no audio!
If you want to render video files for DVD and have them work with audio outside of DVD Architect, you need customise the output settings to include an audio stream.

• phiwe
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 13 Jul 2017 03:27 #7
The screenshot of an error does no appear anymore, i dont know if i can explain this well but will try.

*I am rendering as a "mainConcept MPEG-2"

*I Choose "DVD Architect pal widescreen video stream"

* I also tried other options under the same category.

The other method of rendering straight to DVDA does work well, creating menus is not a challenge, all seems well during menu preview. but the problem is after burning the DVD, The dvd fails to play on a dvd player. The error message is "the disk cant be played. Check the disc"

I hope i gave all u need, not sure if this requires screenshots to, will hear from u.
by phiwe

• phiwe
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 13 Jul 2017 03:32 #8
Using Msp 12. DVDA 5
by phiwe

Replied by vkmast on topic No audio after burning

Posted 13 Jul 2017 04:05 #9
Do you have the final builds of Sony MSP 12 and DVD Architect Studio 5 (1184 and 186, respectively). Some builds of DVD A S 5 had trouble with AC-3 Studio audio. As the good Doc said, you need to render separately video and audio (DVD A PAL widescreen video stream AND Dolby Digital AC-3 Studio Stereo DVD). More on that in Derek's posts 2, 4 and 6.
download.sonymediasoftware.com/current/moviestudiope12.0.1184_64bit.exe (1183, if you have 32-bit OS)
download.sonymediasoftware.com/current/dvdarchitectstudio5.0.186.exe

See the apps' Help > About for your build Nos.

Last Edit:13 Jul 2017 04:43 by vkmast
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• phiwe
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 13 Jul 2017 04:52 #10
Will check later on the builds, not sure if i will know where to look though, i guess your screenshot wil help.

Yes i do render separately. By this i guess you mean clicking the top "make dvd" tab which directs u straight to dvda after rendering.
by phiwe

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.802 seconds