VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Problem Reinstalling DVD Architect 5

Problem Reinstalling DVD Architect 5 was created by PeteLud

Posted 08 Mar 2021 02:59 #1
My hard drive crashed recently and I had a new hard drive installed. I have Windows 10 build 19042.804 installed. I found the links and passwords for Movie Studio Platinum 13 and DVD Architect 5 from Magix. I have reinstalled MSP 13, But Architect 5 would not reinstall. It keeps coming up asking for installation of Net Framework 3.5. I have tried to download and install .NET Framework from Microsoft, but it will not install.
Does anyone have a solution?
Also would I be better to purchase Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum as an upgrade as that should work with Win 10.
If so will VMStudio 17 Platinum come with a later version of DVD Architect. If not can I purchase a later version of DVD Architect that will work with Win 10.
If not is there another program similat to DVD Architect that I could purchase.
Sorry about all the questions guys. I would be very grateful for all and any advice.
Thank you Peter

File Attachment:

File Name: Architect5...lem.docx
File Size:140 KB

Last Edit:08 Mar 2021 09:46 by PeteLud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Problem Reinstalling DVD Architect 5

Posted 08 Mar 2021 09:46 #2
Hi Peter and welcome to the MSZ Forum :)

I'm not sure what would be causing your problem with .NET Framework 3.5
This is actaully a core component of Windows 10, because many different programs actually use this program to work properly.

The first thing I recommend you do, is turn OFF some Windows Security Settings and make sure Windows Update is configured correctly.
After configuring Windows Update, make sure to Check for Updates.
There are some Windows 10 settings that are excessive and can block perfectly safe programs from installing correctly.
I have instructions for how to do this in a recent reply on the forum here.
Scroll down and start reading the section that says Things to check in Windows 10
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/2825-selecting-advanced-options-to-render-causes-the-programme-to-freeze#14218

Next you need to try and force .NET Framework to install.
Go to this FAQ and scroll down to Solution #3.
Follow the instructions and this should get it working.
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/484-why-have-some-of-the-rendering-template-options-disappeared-from-the-render-as-window

Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum
Unfortunately, MAGIX (the new owners of Vegas), have dropped support for DVD Architect.
It is no longer available for sale with Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum.
The last version it came packaged with was v16.
However, your older version of DVD Architect will still work with Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum if you render your videos for DVDA and import them manually.
I have tutorials on how to do this.

I do recommend you upgrade to Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum, especially if you are on a modern computer with a dedicated Nvidia or AMD Radeon graphics card.
Version 17 is far superior to v13 and should run a lot faster if you have a modern computer.
I'm also about to release some beginners guide tutorials for v17, to help people how to set it up and use it.
The price is 50% off right now, via the ad at top of this page!!!

*Please note: If you have any 3rd party Video FX plugins that came with v13, they probably wont work in v17, due to siginificant programming updates in v17.
3rd party Video FX do work in v17, but you will need the latest versions from those 3rd party software companies, for them to work in Vegas.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:08 Mar 2021 11:45 by DoctorZen

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Problem Reinstalling DVD Architect 5

Posted 08 Mar 2021 22:41 #3
Hi Peter,

Please look at the "Solution" by forum member "MusicVid" at Vegas Creative Software:

Cannot install on new PC - wanting to download .NET 3.5 (vegascreativesoftware.info)

That is just if you plan to stay with your current version of Movie Studio, but would never the less be needed should you find a copy of DVD Architect 7.0 available for purchase (Hint: it is NOT available for purchase via the Vegas Creative Software site).  Most people looking for it at the VegasCreativeSoftware forum are having been suggested to purchase a "Retail Copy" of either Movie Studio Platinum 15 or 16 at a "Reputible" seller, as the Suite versions would have had version 7 since the acquisition of the products by Magix.

Hope this helps.

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.

Replied by PeteLud on topic Problem Reinstalling DVD Architect 5

Posted 09 Mar 2021 00:23 #4
Thanks very much Chief. Unfortunately I tried the solution and it did not work. I think I will have to try and buy a later version of Vegas which has DVD Architect with it.
Regards
Peter
by PeteLud

Replied by ericlnz on topic Problem Reinstalling DVD Architect 5

Posted 09 Mar 2021 10:42 #5
My Win 10 with DVDA7 has Net Framework 3.5 activated so I suspect DVDA7 needs it . If so upgrading won't help you.

You need to get Net Framework 3.5 working. What in musicvid's post didn't work for you? Did Net Framework 3.5 not appear in the list?
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Problem Reinstalling DVD Architect 5

Posted 09 Mar 2021 12:58 #6
In my first reply, I have already provided the same instructions for how to activate .NET Framework.
In fact, the intructions in my FAQ are more detailed than MusicVid and go much deeper, because they explain how to force Windows to install .NET Framework if it is missing.
The title in my link may seem unrelated, but the solution to your problem is the same as a totally different problem.

This is what I wrote in my first reply:

Next you need to try and force .NET Framework to install.
Go to this FAQ and scroll down to Solution #3.
Follow the instructions and this should get it working.
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/484-why-have-some-of-the-rendering-template-options-disappeared-from-the-render-as-window

I just built a new computer, with a fresh install of the latest Windows 10 build.
DVD Architect Studio installed with no problems at all.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:20 Mar 2021 18:41 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.771 seconds