DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Can MSP (Movie Studio Platinum) 12 do 4k?

Replied by peterh337 on topic Can MSP (Movie Studio Platinum) 12 do 4k?

Posted 08 Jul 2016 02:47 #11
I have just heard from Mercalli. They have NO lens correction plug-in. Only standalone. So one would ideally run that on the original footage, taken at 4k.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Can MSP (Movie Studio Platinum) 12 do 4k?

Posted 08 Jul 2016 20:39 #12
I am extremely time poor at the moment, so don't have time for reading long threads.
However, I have a hunch that you may find some useful information in this thread on the forum.
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/731-considering-purchase-of-sony-as200v-action-cam-prodrenalin-software

Hope that helps :idea:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 09 Jul 2016 00:00 #13
Magix (and Vegas before them) has no contact email on their website (really nice) and as far as I can find out the maximum speedup is 4x - as in Platinum v11. There is a trick which can be used to achieve 12x. I see no indication that Pro can do any more, except it can nest projects and then you can do what you like, on a single render. Whether you can ramp up and down linearly from 1x to say 50x is not possible for me to establish.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Can MSP (Movie Studio Platinum) 12 do 4k?

Posted 09 Jul 2016 02:02 #14

peterh337 wrote: Magix (and Vegas before them) has no contact email on their website (really nice).......

For Sony......go to Sony Creative Software , at the top hover over 'Support', then select 'Technical Support'. Then select 'Email Support'. Sign-in, or register 'My Account'. Then fill out the 'Submit a question to our support team' form and submit.

For Magix.....go to Magix . Scroll to bottom of page under 'ABOUT MAGIX', select 'Company Info'. On the left hand side of this page under 'About MAGIX', select 'Locations'. On this page you have mailing addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses for Germany, Holland, United Kingdom, Canada, and United States of America. Here is the link: Magix Locations
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Posted 12 Jul 2016 06:11 #15
Can Vegas Pro 13 install over the top of Vegas Platinum 12, wiping out the old program?

Obviously I could uninstall the older one, but there are some bits which Pro 13 doesn't come with e.g. the sound editor (which is a much older app anyway, going back several years before MSP12 itself) and I don't want to lose those.

Also the licensing might get messed up - depending on how it is implemented. They probably store the serials in some fake-named hideout in the registry...

Also can Pro 13 import .vf files from MSP12? Can it run the NewblueFX $99 kit with the Lens Correction FX?

Many thanks for any replies.

Replied by vkmast on topic Can MSP (Movie Studio Platinum) 12 do 4k?

Posted 12 Jul 2016 07:52 #16
They are separate installations. I have Vegas Pro 11, 12 and 13 as well as Movie Studio Platinum 10, 11 (both only 32-bit), 12 and 13 (both 32-bit and 64-bit of each) installed on the same (Win7) computer without issues.
I have not needed to uninstall any previous versions, though SCS at one time did recommend uninstalling the previous version first.

No licensing problems so far with this. The following is from an SCS press release May 20, 2016.
"Q. Will I still be able to use my existing serial numbers to activate my products if I need to re-install them?
A. Yes. You may still register your existing serial numbers. Initially the registrations will be carried out at sonycreativesoftware.com. After a transition period the registrations will be seamlessly redirected to MAGIX who is committed to providing continuity of the registration systems, allowing your existing serial number to be registered.
"

The following info used to be in the SCS KB. It is not there any more, but I don't think it has changed.
"Vegas Movie Studio project files (*.vf) will open in Vegas Pro if the (*.vf) file was created in a numerical version that is less than or equal to the numerical version of Vegas Pro."
You must save a back-up copy of the project first in case you need to go back to the original project.

There may be some "equal to the numerical version" of Movie Studio Platinum that was released later than the "equal" Vegas Pro, so they may be an exception. And some of the first builds of Vegas Pro 13 do not open MSP 13 projects. This was fixed in later builds.
You may remember that third-party plug-ins will work in 64-bit versions only if they are 64-bit plug-ins.

As for your NewBlueFX package, I don't see why it would not work since it supports 64-bit applications (only). See the NewBlueFX site.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, mmcswnavy24, peterh337

Posted 12 Jul 2016 10:56 #17
Thank you vkmast :!:

Peter, I can confirm that you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Any New Blue FX you currently have installed, will automatically show up in Vegas Pro 13.
If they don't, just run the NBFX installer again and it will fix this.

Like vkmast, I have different versions of Vegas Pro and Movie Studio all happily installed and working on the same computer.

You should be able to open .vf projects in Vegas Pro 13, however don't be disappointed if not everything works.
It all depends on what is in your old projects.

Download the free trial for Vegas Pro 13 and you can test all this out now!
www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro

Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:12 Jul 2016 10:56 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: peterh337

Posted 12 Jul 2016 17:45 #18
Out of interest, why are you guys running the older versions at all?

Posted 12 Jul 2016 18:30 #19
I need to have a few versions installed, because I am an educator and need to know exactly what people are seeing.
If I wasn't teaching how to use the software, I would only keep current versions installed.
Last Edit:12 Jul 2016 18:32 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, peterh337

Replied by vkmast on topic Can MSP (Movie Studio Platinum) 12 do 4k?

Posted 12 Jul 2016 18:37 #20

peterh337 wrote: Out of interest, why are you guys running the older versions at all?

One reason why you should keep the previous version at least for some time is to make sure the new version works properly and handles everything you need from that previous version.
As you said yourself, you would not want to lose some of the features. And a newer version may also have a feature (such as the MSP 13 new GUI) that does not work as well in a given project as it does with a previous version.

Another reason is that I may want/need to continue or fine-tune a project in the version I started it. E.g. it may have 32-bit plug-ins that don't work in 64-bit versions.

And as the good Doc just said, keeping the older versions helps to answer some of the questions posted on the forums such as this. You may have noticed that there are a lot of users here that do not use the latest versions and are often wondering why their particular version does not behave like they want. We can't always remember right away "why" so it's essential to go back to see how it really worked. As you've seen in the MSZ tutorials, they often mention differences in the versions.
Last Edit:12 Jul 2016 18:40 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six, peterh337

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 6.255 seconds