VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Can MSP (Movie Studio Platinum) 12 do 4k?

Replied by peterh337 on topic Can MSP (Movie Studio Platinum) 12 do 4k?

Posted 15 Jul 2016 17:54 #21
Sony never replied.
Magix never replied.
NewblueFX did and said their plug-ins will work with Pro 13.

So I bought the $200 Pro 13 and it seems to work great. A very tiny difference (few %) between CPU-only and "use CUDA if available" when rendering.

Both programs still work separately afterwards.

The ex-Platinum 12 .vf file got opened fine by Pro 13 also, but Pro 13 saves them with a different filetype.

Overall I don't see why this program should be more complicated to use - for my simple stuff at least.

Many thanks all for your help :)

One day I want to try the "dynamic text within the frame" (e.g. altitude display on a flying movie) workflow. This can be done in many ways, using the SRT system. Even Handbrake can do the merging.
Last Edit:15 Jul 2016 21:24 by peterh337

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by peterh337 on topic Can MSP (Movie Studio Platinum) 12 do 4k?

Posted 16 Jul 2016 15:43 #22
Unfortunately Pro 13 won't render. It either crashes, or gets stuck (currently at 26% on a 1hr video). Thankfully I have the MSP12 option... not good!

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Can MSP (Movie Studio Platinum) 12 do 4k?

Posted 16 Jul 2016 18:29 #23
If you would like some help, please start a NEW thread in the Vegas Pro sub-forum and then provide details about what you are actually doing.

What type of video is in the project ?
What type of Video FX in the project ?
Which output template/format are you rendering with ?
Do you have GPU acceleration turned on/off ?

No one on this forum will be able to help, unless you provide as much info as possible.

Thanks.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.778 seconds