DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Clip background color meaning

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Clip background color meaning

Posted 11 Aug 2016 01:15 #21

DoctorZen wrote: All Sony Vegas Pro and Movie Studio programs, work best with AMD Radeon Graphics Cards.
If you want to buy a new Graphics Card, this is what you should be getting.

If you can find second hand Nvidia GTX 500 or GTX 400 series cards - these also work extremely well in Sony Vegas & Movie Studio.
I am still using a GTX 460 and it works like a charm :woohoo:

Any Nvidia GTX600 or higher series cards, no longer work properly in any existing Sony programs.
Hopefully the new owners of Sony Software, Magix.com, will fix this problem in the new versions that are coming soon.

When it comes to the Encode Mode in Render As/Make Movie custom settings,
CPU only is always the safest option.
CUDA is for Nvidia cards only !
Open CL is for AMD Radeon cards.

If you have an Intel CPU with Integrated Graphics, you can try rendering to Sony AVC/MVC and setting the Encode Mode to Intel Quick Sync Video.
This uses the Intel Graphics Engine to render the video as is very fast for most people.
However, Intel Quick Sync will only work if your Motherboard is configured to utilise this processor.

I have an AMD rig in my laptop. Integrated graphics, low end. I've attached the specs below.
So if I were to build a desktop I only assume that an AMD rig would be the best. I wouldn't be buying a new CPU or GPU but used. Any suggestions for 1080p recording of my game and editing power?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Clip background color meaning

Posted 11 Aug 2016 03:38 #22
Hi Husker,

As George (Eagle Six) mentioned, OBS is a "free, open-source" software capture/streaming program. There are currently two versions, with the Studio version having the larger amount of features, but a slightly more complex set-up of settings (plenty of YouTube videos that show how to configure settings or even use). Another free capture program, is Microsoft's own Encoder 4. It does work with Windows 10, as I currently have it installed on this computer I am on now. Worked great for me when I did a tutorial for my Aunt & Uncle on creating accounts in Windows for them. As with all things, you have to "trial and error" at times, which is what I had to do for Encoder, since trying to get proper search results on engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.) did not help at all. Figured it out eventually, and it looked fine for what I was trying to convey. Of course, there are the Elgato, Avermedia, BlackMagic Design cards, including others, but depends on Your workflow and what you are trying to achieve. I'm slowly trying to learn OBS and what configuration settings to use, but with constant changes to my computer hardware, makes it a tad difficult at times. Additionally, this will also tax out your system using "software" solutions, and seeing the specs you listed for your laptop, you will really have be "putting the machine through its paces!". If you are planning to build a desktop, remember that Magix is "supposed" to have an upgrade to Vegas Pro next month, and an upgrade to Movie Studio at the beginning of next year, so you might want to "hold off" on purchasing until users have started their reviews/comments/complaints etc. on the newer program. And going back to your original question about "capturing", when you do decide to build a desktop, just know that if you get a video card from either camp, Nvidia or AMD, most of their more recent models over the past couple of years have software built into their engines for capturing as well (Nvidia has ShadowPlay, AMD has Raptor).
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Clip background color meaning

Posted 11 Aug 2016 11:43 #23
Intel CPUs are best for video editing :!:
A fast 4x Core, 6x Core or 8x Core Intel i5 or i7 CPU works best in ALL video editing programs.

I DO NOT recommend AMD CPUs for video editing - they will work, but are no where near as good as Intel.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Clip background color meaning

Posted 11 Aug 2016 13:04 #24

DoctorZen wrote: Intel CPUs are best for video editing :!:
A fast 4x Core, 6x Core or 8x Core Intel i5 or i7 CPU works best in ALL video editing programs.

I DO NOT recommend AMD CPUs for video editing - they will work, but are no where near as good as Intel.

So I would gather that you would recommend getting a Intel CPU with an AMD GPU? I hate to be this uninformed but is that possible? I thought that you had to keep the CPU the same brand as the GPU. Unless you don't recommend rendering with the GPU. In that case it would be an Intel system that is desired, correct?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Clip background color meaning

Posted 11 Aug 2016 13:54 #25
It's pretty difficult to find a laptop computer that has an Intel CPU and AMD Graphics Card, because Nvidia has so much market share.
However, if you are buying or building a Desktop computer, you can definitely mix an Intel CPU with AMD GPU.
If I was building a new computer today, I would use an Intel i7 and AMD Radeon R9 390x.

Please note that Sony Software seems to be the only brand has this difficulty with Graphics Cards. Most alternate video editing programs will work well with either Nvidia or AMD. I think the main problem with Sony Software is that they stopped all development of Vegas, because they knew they were going to sell everything to another company, which they did. Magix.com is the new owner. I strongly suspect that Magix will fix the problem of GPU Rendering with Vegas and Movie Studio and make sure that BOTH Nvidia and AMD work just as well. If Magix fixes the problem, then I would recommend Nvidia or AMD for a graphics card.

When it comes to rendering video, only a small number of output formats actually benefit from GPU rendering.
Many of the rendering output options only use the CPU, like MPEG-2 for example.

If if all the problems with Sony Software were fixed, the CPU is still far more important than the GPU.
That's why I strongly recommend Intel CPUs - AMD lost the plot years ago and are still in catch up mode, when it comes to GPUs (not CPUs).
The other benefit with Intel CPUs, is that many of their models also include Intel Integrated Graphics - which can be used instead of Nividia or AMD GPUs.
If you look at Sony AVC/MVC Encode Modes, you will see Intel Quick Sync - this means Intel Integrated Graphics (part of CPU) is used to render video.

I don't want to confuse you, so will leave it there for now.
I need to make an updated tutorial on this topic.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.906 seconds