VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Sony MSP fails for precise work with video

Hi 9190,

I think probably there are many people who use the source media directly from their phones. If the results please them there is little reason I can think of to convert their source media. However, there are also many, including myself, who will convert source video from various sources such as phones, recording in variable frame rate, which often causes issues with smooth playback, FX's and render glitches.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 9190's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by 9190 on topic Sony MSP fails for precise work with video and lives its own life

Posted 14 Jan 2017 10:07 #42
Hello George,
Do you mean those possible issues with smooth playback, FX's and render glitches during editing process, or even on final video after rendering?

Anyway, I have to watch my final results. If I won't notice any problems, then I won't do extra steps of conversion. My video editings will be very simple: cut from start and in the end, fade-in, fade-out. Add quality audio, synchronize, remove original audio from camera. Maybe some slight color correction since I will record under incandescent lamps. That's it. Even no titles. Duration of videos – 1.5 to 5 minutes. Very simple.
by 9190

9190 wrote: remove original audio from camera.

I often, rather than upgoup and remove the audio track from a video, will just 'mute' the grouped video audio track if not wanted. It is then not included in the rendered video file.
Best Regards......George

• Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by 9190 on topic Sony MSP fails for precise work with video and lives its own life

Posted 15 Jan 2017 09:21 #44
The inability to delete the original audio track was one of the reasons (but not the main reason) why I have abandoned Windows Movie Maker. I prefer to completely delete, not just to mute original audio track. And in VEGAS Movie Studio I do it in easier way, than many people on YouTube show that in their tutorials.

I mean the process which follows after I already synced manually two audio tracks by their waveforms. After that people in their videos usually recommend first to ungroup video and audio to be able to delete then original audio track from the video. Then they try to move carefully quality audio track up under the video track. I do it in easier way. Just select the unwanted audio track (but select it not on the Timeline, but on the left panel [Track list]). And hit Delete button on the keyboard. That's it! You don't even need to ungroup video and audio first, you don't need then to move manually quality audio track up, because in that case it will automatically "jump up" right under the video line. Just press G to group quality audio with video track, and it's done.
Last Edit:15 Jan 2017 09:29 by 9190

It's good that you have a satisfactory workflow.......
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

As long as you don't have on that track any audio events you'd like to keep...
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 16 Jan 2017 00:16 #47
Thanks! As you could see above, when I described my task and goal, I won't have any audio events. Moreover, any additional audio events are even undesirable. (: As well as I don't like to keep in my projects any events/elements which I really don't need. They only distract and don't have any sense (again, for my task). I like to keep my projects clean and free from any unnecessary elements. Most videos on YouTube which I've seen, also show deleting instead of muting unnecessary low quality audio tracks. Adobe Premiere Pro CC for instance in its automatic audio syncing feature (Merge Clips) has Remove Audio From AV Clip option. So, I'm on the side of that method.

I also had numerous conversations with YouTube musicians. I asked them about their methods. And I can't name any of them, who prefer to keep original audio muted instead of complete deleting it after syncing. All them were recommended to delete original audio from the project after syncing process.

So, this is just matter of your tasks and preferences. In my tasks I don't have any reason to keep original audio, which will only irritate me until I will delete it.

Thanks again, have a great day!
Last Edit:16 Jan 2017 00:39 by 9190

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.829 seconds