VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved WMV Output Option DISAPPEARED!!

• Liz
  • Liz's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

WMV Output Option DISAPPEARED!! was created by Liz

Posted 08 Jul 2017 08:34 #1
I used to render all of my videos using the wmv output option, but this week EVERY SINGLE output option that has been available since I installed the program have been replaced with new options!! And the wmv option I love is gone... Now I have options like "Main Concept AVC", "mp4" etc., and each one renders low quality, washed out looking videos...

PLEASE HELP!!

My program is Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0
Last Edit:08 Jul 2017 08:59 by Liz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic WMV Output Option DISAPPEARED!!

Posted 08 Jul 2017 09:18 #2
Hello Liz

If you have been using Movie Studio for a long time on the same computer, I would recommend that you reset the program.
Resetting will restore all settings back to factory default values and delete all the temporary files from the cache.
Over time, a large amount of garbage files can build up in the cache and sometimes they become corrupted.
Resetting is safe to do and will not delete any of your saved projects.

Instructions for how to reset are here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings
You can skip the warning!

In the Render As window, make sure to NOT turn on any of the Filters at top of Render As screen.
If you have various filters turned on, it can make some formats & templates disappear.

I would actually recommend that you don't use Windows Media Video .wmv
This is an old format and very inefficient - highly CPU intensive.

Mainconcept AVC/AAC should not be making your videos look washed out!
Windows Media Video uses a very high compression algorithm, which adds an artificial colour and contrast to your videos.
I know a lot of people use to use this and still like it, but it is not really advised to use in 2017.
Of course if you still want to use it, that's OK - I'm just explaining how things are now.

It's been a long time since I used version 11, so I can't remember all the settings.
I do have an old tutorial for how to render with version 11 here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/68-how-to-render-1080p-hd-video-for-youtube-using-sony-vegas-movie-studio-hd-platinum-11

In this tutorial, I may have recommended to render at lower bit rates, however back then a lot of people had slower internet speeds, so I was trying to make file sizes smaller. In 2017, I recommend using the default high bit rates in the Internet 1080p template.

If you use Mainconcept AVC/AAC, Bit Rates should be High = 24,000,000 and Average = 12,000,000

Make sure you are using Build version #322 of Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.
That was the final build ever released.
Lower build versions were missing a few important things.
Go to Help/About in program, to find build version installed.
If you don't have #322, I can send a link to download.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Liz
  • Liz's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Liz on topic WMV Output Option DISAPPEARED!!

Posted 08 Jul 2017 11:34 #3
DEREK, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Last Edit:14 Jul 2017 13:37 by Liz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.044 seconds