VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio 14 media generator

Movie Studio 14 media generator was created by smithnaz

Posted 18 Sep 2017 10:55 #1
Hello, new here - hope to get some help. I upgraded to Movie Studio Platinum 14 a few days ago. The media generator used to show a preview of the effect when you hover your cursor over a preset - now that's not happening. I can add one of the presets to the timeline, change the text, ect., but the effect just doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks, Michael
Last Edit:18 Sep 2017 12:26 by smithnaz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio 14 media generator

Posted 18 Sep 2017 12:26 #2
The first thing I recommend you try, is a full program reset.
Instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

If that does not work, let us know.
Which Operating System version are you on ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by smithnaz on topic Movie Studio 14 media generator

Posted 18 Sep 2017 12:59 #3
Thanks for the reply. I have already tried the reset. I also tried deleting all the files in the temp folder ( I saw you suggested that too). I'm on windows 10, version 1511. This pc is having troubles updating windows, but the media generator did work when I first updated it - it also works on movie studio 12 that I still have on this pc if that matters at all.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Movie Studio 14 media generator

Posted 18 Sep 2017 14:20 #4
Version 1511 looks old, probably pre Creators Update which is Version 1763 on my Win10 Home machine. As you are going to get lumbered with this update at some time anyway it might pay to go and get it now. With it the presets work okay with my MS14.
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio 14 media generator

Posted 18 Sep 2017 14:33 #5
Did you buy a new computer that already had Windows 10 installed ?
OR
Did you upgrade your computer from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10 ?

If you performed the free upgrade to W10, did you also do a clean install of Windows 10 after the upgrade ?

At the time everyone was upgrading to Windows 10, I strongly recommended that all Vegas users take the extra time and also perform a clean install of W10.
This is because "upgrading only" leaves a huge amount of garbage files behind on your system, which can cause problems.
Performing a clean install guarantees that all crap from W7/8 is removed and you get a clean slate.
I actually did a full tutorial on this topic here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-video-editing/548-how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10
If you download a new copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft, you will end up with the very latest build version.

I suspect your problem may having something to do with .NET Framework, which is what Vegas relies on to work properly.
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:18 Sep 2017 14:34 by DoctorZen

Replied by vkmast on topic Movie Studio 14 media generator

Posted 18 Sep 2017 18:36 #6

DoctorZen wrote: ---I suspect your problem may having something to do with .NET Framework, which is what Vegas relies on to work properly. docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed

I suspect that too. I had problems with Titles&Text animation presets (not working).
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/announcements/1466-vegas-movie-studio-platinum-14-news-on-bugs-build-versions-and-development?start=30#7206
Last Edit:06 Oct 2017 10:17 by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.945 seconds