VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Upgrading from Movie Studio Platinum 13

• PJ
  • PJ's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by PJ on topic Upgrading from Movie Studio Platinum 13

Posted 26 Aug 2018 17:48 #21
i just saw on clicking right mouse button on the desktop shortcut P15 that i have this options:
1. Open
2. Run with powerfull Nvidia processor or Run with integrathed processor or the option change standard graphic processor.

These options was also on the desktop icon P13 which i never used so hmm. But now i did with P15 : change standard graphic processor and added P15 in the list and did say use powerfull Nvidia processor. So i think by opening it now just normally it will set it to powerfull graphic processor.

I know notice that P15 is not black anymore in background/workspace. It now looks again a bit like P13 workspace which i did like. Now on the testing side of the two fading clips it looks better with a bit lag but not standing still. So hopefully this was the problem but still i find it a bit strange because in P13 where you also find these options by clicking on the desktop icon with your right mouse button i did not change anything over there……

If there is no further answer on 'solving' this problem i will keep an update here if the problem is better/over. In two weeks from now i will do a circuit video also so if lagging is all over the place or just the same as in P13 i will let it know.

Still also a question about this:

1. preview video settings under GENERAL there was in P15 this option wich was out: 'allow legacy GPU rendering. I did put this on in P15. Is that correct?

What effect does give this, i now do not notice anything in the preview so i put it out again like it stand was.

Greetings and sorry for all my problems but great to have help and answers in this forum!

PJ
by PJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Upgrading from Movie Studio Platinum 13

Posted 27 Aug 2018 11:26 #22

PJ wrote: 1. preview video settings under GENERAL there was in P15 this option wich was out: 'allow legacy GPU rendering. I did put this on in P15. Is that correct?

What effect does give this, i now do not notice anything in the preview so i put it out again like it stand was.

This setting is only applicable for people using older generation Nvidia and AMD Radeon Graphics Cards.
If you are not using an older generation Nvidia or AMD Graphics Card, this setting makes absolutely no difference.

Older generation Nvidia Graphics Cards are models GTX 500 series and older.
Not sure which AMD Radeon graphics are older models, but they would be very old now!

All modern Graphics Cards use a different architecture now, which is used by default in Vegas.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Aug 2018 11:27 by DoctorZen

• PJ
  • PJ's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by PJ on topic Upgrading from Movie Studio Platinum 13

Posted 25 Sep 2018 01:18 #23
short update...

After doing some filming again and editing i now only will use P13. In P15 this weekend again lots of lag and P15 was stuck a couple of time so have to do a restart of the pc and in the end making movie he came with a failer announcement and send report...that of editing 7 hours. At the i could copy all of it from the timeline in to P13 and that P13 shut down 1x after that but than it was ok. Making a movie did take a long long time (P15 is really faster).

The next day again rendering this time in P13 and no problem at all.

Both days in P13 almost no lag.

Its really a pitty with P15. Shall i write them an email or?

Greetings

PJ
by PJ

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.154 seconds