VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio 14 Platinum MPEG-2 TS Video freezes when rendering

• UJ80s
  • UJ80s's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2
I converted a .tivo file to a MPEG-2 TS Video for editing in MS 14. MS14 must support that file type, because the file is accepted into the time line, however, when I render either the .W64 audio or the AVCHD video files.. the rendering stops at 18% after 1 hour. The video file is a MPEG-2 Transport Stream, 32.82 GB, 1920X 1080X12, at 29.970 fps progressive. Audio is Dolby AC-3.

Why does the rendering freeze at 18% with NO time remaining to render after 59 min.?

What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix this situation?
Last Edit:20 Feb 2019 18:56 by UJ80s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi UJ80s,

Could you post more information about your project, such as a screenshot of your Project Properties, a screenshot of your Render format and template settings if you are using the Advanced mode, and a screenshot of the specs of your converted file you are putting into Movie Studio 14. A free app called Mediainfo is the best tool for showing the spec's of a video file. You can download it from here mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo . Start Mediainfo, select the 'View' tab, then select 'Text' mode. Then select the 'File' tab and load your source media and post the results.

Have you added anything to the video in your project such as addition footage or an FX's? If there is something in your project at the 18% mark that MS14 cannot render then that may explain why it failed at that point. How much available space is left on the drive that your are rendering to, if you have limited space, that could be the cause of the failure.

When you say you "when I render either the .W64 audio or the AVCHD video files" please confirm that means you rendered the audio only and it still failed at the 18% mark. If so, that would imply there may be something in the audio that is causing the failure. If you render without the audio, just the video, does it fail at the same 18% mark?
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:20 Feb 2019 18:56 by Eagle Six

• UJ80s
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by UJ80s on topic Movie Studio 14 Platinum MPEG-2 TS Video freezes when rendering

Posted 20 Feb 2019 03:53 #3
Yes, fails when rendering either or at the same place.. other things you mentioned disk space, FX's, etc.. a negative... all those aspects are good or not used.
I am now rendering a .avc video file.. without it freezing...but I read online that .avc files are not supported by DVD Acrchitect.. is that correct?

• UJ80s
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by UJ80s on topic Movie Studio 14 Platinum MPEG-2 TS Video freezes when rendering

Posted 20 Feb 2019 03:54 #4
note....avc streaming blu-ray file and not a Sony one...

• UJ80s
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 20 Feb 2019 03:56 #5
George,

I will work on the screen shots after I see how this render goes, I've got 3 more hours to go... thanks for the reply.

uj80s
Last Edit:20 Feb 2019 18:57 by UJ80s

Replied by ericlnz on topic Movie Studio 14 Platinum MPEG-2 TS Video freezes when rendering

Posted 20 Feb 2019 12:32 #6

UJ80s wrote: Yes, fails when rendering either or at the same place.. other things you mentioned disk space, FX's, etc.. a negative... all those aspects are good or not used.
I am now rendering a .avc video file.. without it freezing...but I read online that .avc files are not supported by DVD Acrchitect.. is that correct?

It's incorrect. Avc files are preferred by DVDA but they are video only. As you are obviously aware you need to do a separate audio render.
Last Edit:20 Feb 2019 18:57 by ericlnz

• UJ80s
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 20 Feb 2019 12:37 #7
Absolutely, I rendered an .W64 audio file.
Last Edit:20 Feb 2019 18:57 by UJ80s

Why does the rendering freeze at 18% with NO time remaining to render after 59 min.?

Over many years I have rendered a large number .mpeg videos in Vegas for use in DVD Architect.
For some unknown reason, rendering to MPEG-2 in Vegas with the GPU turned on, often causes a render freeze at the same point of the project.
This problem mainly seems to happen with .mpeg video format in Vegas.

My advice is to turn off your GPU and render with your CPU only - 9 times out of 10 this will result in a 100% render of your project.
I also recommend you re-boot your computer before a render - this will free up your RAM and make sure no other programs are hogging computer resources.

Go to Options/Preferences/Video - GPU Acceleration = OFF
Then re-boot Vegas to activate the setting change.
Now try a render.

The only other thing that can typically cause render crashes at the same point of a project, is usually a Video Effect you have applied that point of a project.
If you push the settings too extreme in some Video FX, it can cause a memory (RAM) overload, that then causes a render freeze.
Examples of what I'm talking about are:
1. Applying too much Sharpening with the Sharpen FX.
2. Applying too much video stabilization.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:20 Feb 2019 18:57 by DoctorZen

• UJ80s
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 20 Feb 2019 23:00 #9
Thanks Derek, but I turned that off months ago.. Last night I had another .W64 audio file freeze at 35% (48,000Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, PCM)
by UJ80s
Attachments:

Question #1
Do you have the final build version for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 and DVD Architect installed ?

There were many bugs in the first release versions for both programs.

Open each program and go to Help/About to find your installed build version.

Build #148 was final build for VMSP14
Download from here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/610-vegas-movie-studio-14-update-history

Build #84 is current build for Vegas DVD Architect.
Download installer from here:
dl03.magix.net/vegasdvdarchitect.exe
Deselect MAGIX Connect and Music Maker from installer.

Question #2
Have you tried rendering to Wave (Microsoft) instead of Sony Wave64 ?

Question #3
Have you tried doing a full program reset for Vegas ?
Instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:20 Feb 2019 23:40 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.850 seconds