VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Reinstall of MS 13 Platinum - will not save render

After attempting to re-install Movie Studio 13 Platinum from it's original install disc, when I try to "make a movie", the dialogue box has the file path in gray and if I try to choose a folder, the software reports that no such folder exists even though the path to the folder is correct.

Mark
Last Edit:03 Mar 2019 21:57 by pdsmediaservices

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Reinstall of MS 13 Platinum - will not save render

Posted 03 Mar 2019 21:57 #2
The version you reinstalled from the disc will be terribly out of date.
Go to this page and enter your Serial Number.
www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/
This will download installer, which will give you access to the final build version ever released for Movie Studio Platinum 13.
Install this version.

Your temporary files cache may also be corrupted.
After installing the update, perform a full program reset, which will clean the temporary files cache.
Instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

If you are still experiencing problems after this, please upload a screen shot that shows the window you are having a problem with.

Also, is the folder location you want to use on the actual PC or is it located on an External Hard Drive ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Robbie on topic Reinstall of MS 13 Platinum - will not save render

Posted 03 Mar 2019 21:59 #3
Hi Mark
Not sure what to suggest at the moment but maybe :
  • try resetting the program - Double click on the desktop program icon while holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys, tick 'Delete all cached application data', then click on 'Yes'.
  • if you are loading from a disk you may not be loading the final build for Version with all the bug fixes (Build 987). If you have an older build it might be worth downloading and installing the final build from here .
Why did you need to re-install - new hardware? new operating system? - may help to diagnose the issues.

Cheers, Robbie.

Edit: Doc Zen types faster than me LOL :-)
Last Edit:03 Mar 2019 22:39 by Robbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, pdsmediaservices

Replied by pdsmediaservices on topic Reinstall of MS 13 Platinum - will not save render

Posted 12 Mar 2019 14:45 #4
I assume that I should do the same process with all the other modules I received with the original purchase like DVD Architect? I was able to do all the downloads but the anti-robot software slowed the process down significantly.

Mark

Replied by pdsmediaservices on topic Reinstall of MS 13 Platinum - will not save render

Posted 12 Mar 2019 14:48 #5
I received the same info from Derek. I had to re-install after my computer was in storage and had to re-configure hard drives by plugging back into the motherboard. You'd think that plugging SATA drive into different ports wouldn't matter... but... Windows crap, you know.
Last Edit:16 Mar 2019 17:10 by pdsmediaservices

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Reinstall of MS 13 Platinum - will not save render

Posted 12 Mar 2019 15:05 #6

I assume that I should do the same process with all the other modules I received with the original purchase like DVD Architect? I was able to do all the downloads but the anti-robot software slowed the process down significantly.

Not sure exactly what you mean ?
I don't know what you mean by other modules I received with the original purchase like DVD Architect ?
What is anti-robot software ? Never heard of that before ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Robbie on topic Reinstall of MS 13 Platinum - will not save render

Posted 12 Mar 2019 16:35 #7
Hi Mark. I don't want to confuse the process by having you trying to run with two resolution strategies and steps so am happy to leave you to work through any further issues with Dr Zen as he will be better informed than me on many issues. Am I reading correctly though that downloading the newer build and/or resetting MSP13 fixed your original problem? And yes some of those "I am Not a Robot" checks can be a bit frustrating but unfortunately almost an essential check point to help keep sites functional these days.
Cheers, Robbie
Last Edit:12 Mar 2019 17:54 by Robbie

Posted 26 Mar 2019 14:59 #8
When I paid for MS 13 originally, I was given links to several download links and keys to software with these names:

Movie Studio 13.0 Platinum
DVD Architect Studio 5.0
ACID Music Studio 10.0
Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0

These are the modules I'm asking about. Should I re-install these if I'm using any of them. Should I do uninstall/reinstall? What about AppData folders?

As far as anti-robot... on the page where you download the software from the link you gave, there is "I'm not a robot" software that makes you choose images. Significantly slows the process answering same questions over and over. Not your fault. It's a Google problem.

Mark

Posted 26 Mar 2019 17:09 #9
So you are actually talking about Programs !

If you are using the programs, reinstall them.

I understood later on what you meant about Robots.

Posted 27 Mar 2019 05:35 #10
You didn't answer the question about AppData folders and doing a reset procedure before the uninstall.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.884 seconds