VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 is crashing after importing more videos

This is great info! I'm currently having a nightmare with my Studio 16 Platinum.
Right, this is what's going on with mine:
The PC is now considerably faster and apparently well suited to video editing of the kind I'm doing (new CPU, Motherboard and power supply as of a few days ago).
The software just keeps on crashing! It seems OK when loading video clips onto the workflow, seems OK whilst rendering (actually renders WAY faster than before PC upgrade!), but a short time after a clip has been loaded onto the workflow, it crashes. I have to move quick; make my mild adjustments in contrast and brightness and save. It crashes at random every few minutes, sometimes sooner! But so far it has only crashed AFTER I load on a video clip, not during loading/creating proxies. When it crashes, each time I have to close the program via task manager or it closes itself with an option to ‘send error report’. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the software (just the program), tried deleting the proxies. Nothing helped. It just keeps on crashing.
So yeah, I'm now fully convinced it's some sort of software issue. having read the above, I think now I should try and find and delete the plug-in programs and maybe also a so-called 'clean' uninstall/re-install? (whatever that really is!)
I've reached the end of my tether!
I am close to switching to another software, such as Adobe.

Regards
Stefan
Last Edit:14 Feb 2020 15:53 by Stefan Innocente

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Stefan - welcome to the MSZ forum :)

*Moderator Edit - I have moved your message into it's own new forum thread.
The other forum thread you originally posted your message in, has already been solved.
Original message posted here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/2404-movie-studio-platinum-16-is-crashing-after-update?start=0#12234

If I am understanding your message correctly, you have already successfully imported some videos and Vegas did not crash.
Your problem happens when you import new videos ?

Please answer all these questions
Is there a particular video that keeps crashing Vegas ?
It sounds like your problem has something to do with the video you are importing.

Where is your video coming from ?
Did it come from a mobile phone or video camera ?

Please share your Project Property settings for Video.
Take a screen shot of your project properties for video and upload it to the forum.

I also need to see a readout of the properties for the video that keeps crashing Vegas.
There is a free app called MediaInfo, which you can install to do this.
mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows
I have instructions on how to setup MediaInfo and output a text file here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/vegas-pro/2234-audio-going-out-of-sync-in-vegas-pro-14#11356

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:14 Feb 2020 16:06 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.755 seconds