VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Movie Studio 18 has nothing to do with Vegas Movie Studio

Replied by wo0d643 on topic Movie Studio 18 has nothing to do with Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 20 Jul 2021 02:40 #11
I see it now. I had too many tabs open. I wish I knew what was new in 19 as that might sway my decision. I cannot find anything online. I assume it will just be further improvements to what they touted for 18?
by wo0d643

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1557

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio 18 has nothing to do with Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 20 Jul 2021 10:35 #12

I see it now. I had too many tabs open. I wish I knew what was new in 19 as that might sway my decision. I cannot find anything online. I assume it will just be further improvements to what they touted for 18?
There is no public information about the new features that will be added to Vegas Pro 19 Edit yet.
It is still under development and under an NDA, so no one can talk about it.

In my personal opinion, the current Vegas Pro 18 Edit is a very good version of Vegas Pro.
I have been using it constantly nearly every day for the last 5 months and it is working well on my newly built computer.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio 18 has nothing to do with Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 20 Jul 2021 10:36 #13
For anyone that hasn't already seen it, I have published two new videos on YouTube about Vegas Movie Studio being cancelled.
The second video is my attempt at injecting some comedy into the whole debacle!

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by WMPHOTO on topic Movie Studio 18 has nothing to do with Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 20 Jul 2021 12:10 #14
It sounds like you believe Vegas Move Studio 17 is a superior product when compared to this "18".  This is helpful information. I will keep using version 17. 
Sincerely,
Walter Martin
by WMPHOTO

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Posted 20 Jul 2021 13:06 #15

It sounds like you believe Vegas Move Studio 17 is a superior product when compared to this "18".  This is helpful information. I will keep using version 17. 
Sincerely,
Walter Martin
On a technical level, Vegas Movie Studio Platinum is most definitely a superior product!
However, it would be more accurate to say it is a different product, using a different approach.
After you buy Magix Movie Edit Pro (Movie Studio 18), you get access to a large library of premade templates, that can be dragged and dropped very quickly.
It's great for making cheesy home movies, but suitable for more pro-like productions.

As I always say, download the free trial and test it out for yourself.

Replied by wo0d643 on topic Movie Studio 18 has nothing to do with Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 20 Jul 2021 13:27 #16
Thanks for the info.  I found like three lines about 19 on the vegas website.  I probably wont even use a fraction of what its capable of but i went on and got the $99 appeasement.  

Thanks for your help.
Steve
by wo0d643

Replied by ggddeth on topic Movie Studio 18 has nothing to do with Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 24 Jul 2021 06:05 #17
Magix has scammed me twice this week ... of course i got caught in the 18 nonsense ... then i bought a digital download for Platinum 17 from a big box retailer that had to be refunded because they refused to ever send the serial after registering my download with Magix... Now i'm wondering if maybe Magix are refusing to validate older versions, period, or will be bait-switching all older products too? I'm at my wits end.

The only other option is getting a serialized version and seeing what happens. Maybe i can pull off the trifecta scam all in one week... I had a long conversation with a representative from the retailer i got the digital copy from and explained the current situation. But i'm afraid my next conversation with anyone will be with some of the Attorney General's from Nevada etc. It's cost me so much time and i've been so angry i can't even think about producing any material for my YouTube channel, even if i had a working copy of Vegas. I do still have serial number from the horrendous Movie 18, but it's totally unusable for my particular niche of video production.

I had been running trials to rebuild my channel and finally got the means to upgrade and landed right in the middle of this sham, of course.

Zen, i just wanted to thank you for keeping it real during this hoax. As i've noticed some of the other guys still trying to pass this garbage off as something remotely comparable to the Vegas software. Also, any posts i made on the official forum i think are already deleted. So, yeah, what a great time to officially enter into the Magix family
by ggddeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Posted 24 Jul 2021 11:00 #18
Hi ggddeth
I am the Moderator for this forum.
Yes your messages were waiting in moderation to be approved, because you have a new account.
I deleted the 2nd account you never confirmed, using that very similar email address and I also deleted that other test message you created.

... then i bought a digital download for Platinum 17 from a big box retailer that had to be refunded because they refused to ever send the serial after registering my download with Magix... Now i'm wondering if maybe Magix are refusing to validate older versions, period, or will be bait-switching all older products too? I'm at my wits end.

There is no wider conspiracy with Magix and Vegas Movie Studio products. Your problem with that big box retailer is to do with them and not Magix. All current and older versions of Vegas Movie Studio still work and will not be switched for alternate products. If something like that happened, they would go out of business very quickly due to massive law suits. The Magix activation servers for older Vegas products will still work into the future.

If the BIG BOX retailer is trying to give you MS18 and not VMS17, that is a problem caused by the retailer and not Magix. If they don't really have VMSP17, they shouldn't be selling it!

Magix should have explained to everyone that this change was about to happen and that Movie Studio 18 was a completely different product. Apparently Magix is very aware of the giant mess they have created and are most likely freaking out a lot right now, but so far have not responded publicly and not spoken to anyone like myself. I'm hopeful that I will have a constructive conversation with Magix next week and get a public apology out of them. I'm not scared of anyone and have already sent a full customer experience report directly to Magix Management in Germany, which they should have read by now. I was very polite, but frank.

Personally it's taken me a full 7 days to completely calm down and become peaceful again, so I empathise with how you must be feeling right now.

It's a shame they handled this so badly, because Movie Studio 18 Platinum & Suite (which is really their existing product Magix Movie Edit Pro) are not bad programs, once you learn how to use them. But for existing Vegas Movie Studio users like yourself, it's like turning up to school and all the teachers now speak Chinese and refuse to speak English!!! 

I have a recommendation for you.
Request a full refund for Movie Studio 18 - they cannot refuse that under USA law.
Be polite, forceful and not rude. If you go off the deep end, they'll ignore you.
Initially Magix was refusing refunds for everyone, but seem to have changed their mind now. Especially if you used PayPal to make the purchase. With PayPal, you can create a dispute and PayPal will force the refund very quickly!

Last suggestion. If you really love using Vegas, consider upgrading to Vegas Pro 18 Edit. There is a special $99 deal for Vegas Movie Studio owners.
Personally I have found Vegas Pro 18 Edit to be really good and a lot more stable than older versions.
Access $99 deal here:  zen3.me/vegaspro99

Regards
Derek
Last Edit:24 Jul 2021 11:08 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Replied by ggddeth on topic Movie Studio 18 has nothing to do with Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 18 Aug 2021 11:31 #19
Hi ggddeth
I am the Moderator for this forum.
Yes your messages were waiting in moderation to be approved, because you have a new account.
I deleted the 2nd account you never confirmed, using that very similar email address and I also deleted that other test message you created.

... then i bought a digital download for Platinum 17 from a big box retailer that had to be refunded because they refused to ever send the serial after registering my download with Magix... Now i'm wondering if maybe Magix are refusing to validate older versions, period, or will be bait-switching all older products too? I'm at my wits end.

"There is no wider conspiracy with Magix and Vegas Movie Studio products. Your problem with that big box retailer is to do with them and not Magix".

Thanks, Zen... There's only one part i would like clarify... The big box retailer did indeed send me Platinum 17... It was verified as such on the receipt and verified once i entered the information into the appropriate area as per the link to the download section of the Magix website. It was accepted as being a valid digital download and deemed valid on Magix's end...BUT... This isnt the end of the process... The final step is waiting on an additional email from Magix that contains the serial number. This email never arrived.

There were no attempts to switch me to Movie 18 ... There were just no attempts from Magix to deliver anything, period. So, they indeed screwed over the retailer by not holding up their end of the deal...And you're right. If this type of business practice persists i can see where they could end up being dropped or sued by said retailers being put in very bad spots having to refund their undelivered digital products. This where my thinking began that maybe they were refusing to issue older products/bait switching them, etc. 

I was just stuck in an odd place where Magix failed to generate a serial number, send the required email, or communicate in any fashion as to the status of the download. So, no, it was not the fault of the retailer.... They delivered accurately and promptly the product as described. There was no guarantee as to the retailer having to refund a product i had already used the digital download for. So, i just got lucky in that regard they were kind enough to refund me.

Also this is probably a long shot but i would be happy to swap my Movie 18 for any prior versions of Platinum etc you might could offer... 15/16/17 i don't give a shit. Of course i would be happy to send you my serial number first to validate... And i don't know if this can be done or even allowed etc. but i'm open to anything. I've already had to dispute them twice so it's getting embarrassing and i'm getting gunshy. Involving authorities over a hundred bucks is not something i enjoy... but i'm afraid the next failure of this company will leave me no alternative
Last Edit:18 Aug 2021 11:41 by ggddeth

Replied by robbif on topic Movie Studio 18 has nothing to do with Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 30 Aug 2021 09:04 #20
For those of you thinking or planning to move from VMS17 Platinum to Pro 18 or Pro 19, which I did, I asked the question if all 3 will co-reside and was assured they would at least in two topics. We'll in my first brief use of Pro 18 and Pro 19, I see that they both picked up my VMS17P MAGIX AVC/AAC MP4 custom Render Templates. So (a) What if I delete or modify templates, will that affect the other two editors? and (b) What else might they affect/clobber? So I'm not sure they are isolated from one another.  
Last Edit:30 Aug 2021 09:08 by robbif

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.818 seconds