VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to edit Movie Studio Intros ( as seen on you Tube)

• 123DAC
  • 123DAC's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 12

How to edit Movie Studio Intros ( as seen on you Tube) was created by 123DAC

Posted 23 Mar 2016 07:10 #1
I have seen lots of "free" Movie studio intros on You Tube where "Your Name " appears. Can I edit these intros so that my name does in fact appear? The only other alternative is to change my name to "Your Name"!
by 123DAC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic How to edit Movie Studio Intros ( as seen on you Tube)

Posted 23 Mar 2016 07:35 #2
This should help if I understand your question.....

I've seen a lot of intros for Vegas, and a few for Movie Studio. The ones for Vegas usually include a Title/Text which allows you to edit the "Your Name" to whatever would fit. I would think any intro for Movie Studio would do the same thing.

The Vegas intros are simply a project .veg file with the associated events to support the intro. A Movie Studio intro would be a project .vf file with supporting events.

You would copy all the files from the intro .zip file in a common folder (or as directed by the included readme file). Open the intro project file and all the supporting files (events) should load. Then you are free to change whatever you like. When done you can 'save as' the project and use it for any other project, or render a file which you could load at the beginning of any other project (assuming the properties were the same). This would also follow for an outro.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:26 Mar 2016 11:21 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic How to edit Movie Studio Intros ( as seen on you Tube)

Posted 24 Mar 2016 04:46 #3
I have looked into many of them also only to find that the vast majority were created with After Effects or Premier Elements etc. Very few have been usable or 'FREE'.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

Replied by Eagle Six on topic How to edit Movie Studio Intros ( as seen on you Tube)

Posted 24 Mar 2016 08:30 #4
Here is one I downloaded several months ago Zockme on Mediafire

Load the .vf file (you may get a warning that it is an older version of Movie Studio, but it should still work, it did in my ver 13), then simply change the title text (Sony Legacy) from "Your Name" to whatever name you like.

The others I found were for Vegas and as previously stated, there are a whole lot more for other NLE's. But there may be a few more out there I didn't explore.
Best Regards......George

• 123DAC
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by 123DAC on topic How to edit Movie Studio Intros ( as seen on you Tube)

Posted 25 Mar 2016 07:07 #5
George , very many thanks for your prompt replies. I have downloaded the Zockme intro and can see it in my download file . However when I open a Movie studio project and "Get Media" I can find the accompanying mp3 file but not the .vf file. Regarding your initial response, unfortunately a lot of what you said went completely over my head, so I apologise for being so dumb.I will understand if you despair. No worries
Dave
by 123DAC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• 123DAC
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by 123DAC on topic How to edit Movie Studio Intros ( as seen on you Tube)

Posted 25 Mar 2016 07:08 #6
Many thanks for the response, just wondered if there was a slick way to piggy back on some of these very creative intros
Dave
by 123DAC

Posted 25 Mar 2016 08:23 #7
No despair Dave, no apology necessary, if anything I apologize for not explaining it better.

Let's go a different way just so you can see how it works.....

I will assume you have the Zuckme intro downloaded and unzipped.

1. Open a new instance of Movie Studio. Open the Zuckme intro project file, which should be something like "Sony Vegas Into Template by ZOCKME (fx).vf". Treat this as a single project, all you will do here is make the changes you desire. You may get a warning that the project was made with a previous version, just click on 'OK'.
2. On track number 4, left click on the 'Generate Media' icon on the event on this track. You may have to expand the track using your mouse wheel to see it. Once you have the track expand (lengthen) on the timeline you should see 3 icons, 'Generate Media (it looks like a film strip), 'Event Pan & Crop', and 'Event FX'. The only one you need is to left click on the 'Generate Media'. This will bring up a window so you can edit the text. After making the changes, such as your name, close this window and it will save your changes.
3. Press 'Ctrl+A', which will select all the tracks and events. Hold down the 'Ctrl' key and left click on the bottom track 'Music' event. Now you will have all the video and title/text events selected, but not the audio (Music) track. Right click anywhere on event in the top track. That will pop up a menu, move your mouse pointer down the menu options and hover over 'Switches'. That will pop up another sub-menu, then left click on 'Disable Resample'. This step isn't necessarily needed, but most users feel when they 'Disable Resample' their videos play smoother.
3. Save your project using 'save as' and give it a unique name.
4. Now, render this project which will then create a media clip with your project name.
5. Close this project and open your project which you want to insert the intro into.
6. Now you can add the intro using 'Add Media', as if it were a camera generated clip. You will not be able to change anything in the intro at this point, but if you need additional changes you can go back and make those changes on your intro project and render it again.

That is the short version. There are some other things to consider, but if you have questions or problems, please post back. And, if you have success and wish to know more, please post back. Also, the Zuckme intro is HD 1080p. If that is the type project you are working on, then it should fit well. If not, we can fix it to fit your project.
Best Regards......George

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic How to edit Movie Studio Intros ( as seen on you Tube)

Posted 25 Mar 2016 11:33 #8
123DAC
Is there any particular type of intro you're interested in? I also use BluffTitler and could modify one for you.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

• 123DAC
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 26 Mar 2016 06:43 #9
George, just want to say many, many thanks for your replies. As yet I have not had an opportunity have a go, but rest assured after the Easter holidays, grandchildren willing I will endeavour to follow the steps outlined in your response.
Dave
Have a great Easter
by 123DAC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• 123DAC
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 26 Mar 2016 07:02 #10
I have seen one on you tube which appears to show a puff of smoke which then forms "your Name" but for the life of me I can't find the link to it on you tube . Not to worry. Many thanks for your extremely kind offer
Dave
by 123DAC

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.788 seconds