VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

• vkmast
  • vkmast's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Thank you received: 527

Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016" was created by vkmast

Posted 27 Sep 2016 19:01 #1
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/upgrade-offer-until-16-10-2016--103831/

The stickied topic was locked immediately with the moderator's comment:
"Reason: No futher price discussion requird"

So OT...
It's interesting to note that German mods there do not seem to acknowledge some of the things that other mods recognize.
May or may not be due to the language barrier.

Disclaimer: the above observations are strictly my own opinions. They should not be considered in any way to be the official opinions of this forum.

P.S. I have not received a Net Notify or a newsletter/email about the above offer so far.
Last Edit:01 Oct 2016 01:40 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Jones, Eagle Six

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Richard Jones on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 27 Sep 2016 20:27 #2
No, I've heard nothing at all about the upgrade either (although I did eventually but very late on receive the upgrade to V13 and free V14 note) (I'm in the UK).

Richard

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 29 Sep 2016 00:06 #3
For the record keeping, this morning I received an email with the same offer as before.....

Vegas Pro 14 Edit for $199
Vegas Pro 14 for $249
Vega Pro 14 Suite for $349

Valid until October 16th, 2016
Best Regards......George

Replied by CeeDee on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 01 Oct 2016 22:35 #4
I'll wait to see what Derek has to say about this upgrade. At th emoment VP13 serves me very well.
Sony Vegas Pro 15, DVD Architect 9, Acid Music Studio 9, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, Photoshop Elements 9
PC: Intel six Core i7 Processor i7-5820K (3.3GHz) 15MB Cache
ASUS® X99-S: ATX, HSW-E CPU, USB 3.0, SATA 6 GB/s
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
by CeeDee

Replied by Davoid on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 02 Oct 2016 08:22 #5
Received an upgrade offer from Magix this morning to Vegas Pro 14 at the prices as Eagle Six listed. Will wait to see if a better offer will be forth coming from Magix, as I agree with the sentiment about the price upgrade offer on the Vegas Pro forums.
by Davoid
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, vkmast

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 08 Oct 2016 12:22 #6
I received the Vegas pro 14 offer here in New Zealand today. I am wondering if it infact applies to me, because I only have SONY Movie Studio 14 Platinum. Anybody know if I can go from Platinum to Vegas Pro 14 if I wanted to?? :?

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 08 Oct 2016 15:46 #7

Anybody know if I can go from Platinum to Vegas Pro 14 if I wanted to??

Yes this deal is real !
Movie Studio owners are getting the best deal for upgrading to Vegas Pro 14.

Magix has an upgrade page here .
If you enter your Movie Studio Serial Number for one of the Vegas Pro options, it will show you the same price they emailed you.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Dec 2016 16:13 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye., Eagle Six

• vkmast
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 09 Oct 2016 04:44 #8

DoctorZen wrote:

Anybody know if I can go from Platinum to Vegas Pro 14 if I wanted to??

Yes this deal is real !
Movie Studio owners are getting the best deal for upgrading to Vegas Pro 14.

Magix has an upgrade page here .
If you enter your Movie Studio Serial Number for one of the Vegas Pro options, it will show you the same price they emailed you.

At the moment it seems the new buyers might be getting the best deal for MAGIX VEGAS Pro 14, if they use the current time-limited offer.
I am not sure if it even asks for a serial number and it may be available to first-time purchasers as some of the previous "special upgrade" offers have been.
A possible explanation for that was here
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/a-few-clarifications--103723/?page=11#ca641346

Anyway, you don't seem to need a Movie Studio S/N to get an equal price offer on the Magix upgrade page. Some have tested with other old SCS S/Ns and got the same price. I tested with an Acid Music Studio 10 S/N and got the same.
I agree with what Davoid commented in his post.
Last Edit:09 Oct 2016 04:47 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 09 Oct 2016 08:30 #9
I have been a very log time user of Movie Studio Platinum in its various versions and it has served me quite well. I guess I would be classed as an enthusiest just doing family, holidays, road trips around New Zealand & airshows etc. So I am wondering if the Magix's offer of Vegas Pro14 is a bit of an overkill for me. Can you advise me if it includes an updated, read, modernised DVD Architect with new 'Buttons' tab choices etc? The Mercalli V4 included I also wonder if it deteriorates the picture much after the stabilization process? I assume like other software it crops the picture a little and uses the area around the crop to stabilize the image. I am also eagerly awaiting the arrival of UHD Blu-ray blank media and writers so I can archive 1920x1080 50p it seems that its been so long coming!! :ermm:
Last Edit:09 Oct 2016 08:32 by Eagle eye.

• vkmast
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 09 Oct 2016 09:12 #10

Eagle eye. wrote: ---Can you advise me if it includes an updated, read, modernised DVD Architect with new 'Buttons' tab choices etc? The Mercalli V4 included I also wonder if it deteriorates the picture much after the stabilization process?---

I don't have any first-hand experience of MAGIX VEGAS Pro 14, but Derek mentions a couple of points re your questions in his review which you're familiar with.

AC-3 Dolby Digital Pro removed
The No.1 mystery with Vegas Pro 14 is why Magix has removed the AC-3 Dolby Digital Pro encoder for outputting audio to Blu-ray disc and DVD. There is now only the option for rendering to AC-3 Dolby Digital Studio. This basic option means no one can customise their settings for AC-3 audio output. I hope Magix is forthcoming with an explanation about this terrible decision. DVD Architect Pro is probably the most used program anywhere, for disc creation in 2016. To take this option away just makes no sense at all.

VEGAS Pro 14 includes VEGAS Pro 14 and also includes Blu-ray and DVD Disc™ Authoring software VEGAS DVD Architect. So if you want to make Blu-ray discs and DVDs, you must purchase this minimum level version. At the time of posting this review, there is no way to download a free trial version of VEGAS DVD Architect. Going by what people who have purchased Vegas Pro 14 have said, VEGAS DVD Architect has had no new features added to it since DVD Architect Pro 6.0. It is simply a rebranded version of the same program.

proDAD Mercalli V4 is the market leader in Image Stabilization software. I know that sounds like hype, but in this case it is actually true. Mercalli is one of the best image stabilizers you will find for fixing shaky and wobbly looking video. The standalone suite and plugin if bought separately from proDAD would cost $349, which makes this addition to Vegas Pro 14 truly amazing value. If you would like to learn more about this specific plugin, check out proDAD Mercalli V4 plugin for Sony Vegas.
www.prodad.com/Video-Stabilization-for-Professionals/Mercalli-V4-Plugins-for-Vegas-29796,l-us.html

As Derek has mentioned, the offer is good value especially for those who do not have any previous version of Vegas Pro.
The initial release will most likely (and hopefully) be soon updated with new builds to fix the reported bugs. I gather you will be entitled to free updates for one year.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.867 seconds