VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 09 Oct 2016 09:20 #11
UPDATE: vkmast is fast and beat me to my post, which I would not have repeated if I noticed, and I agree with his and Derek's comments....

Hi Eagle eye,

For me, going from Movie Studio 12/13p to Vegas pro 13, Vegas has been well worth the $192 (USD) price I aid in December, 2015. I pretty much do the same type of videos as you, nothing paid for, just for me, family, friends, instructional, and a few non-paid side jobs. But I found Vegas Pro so much more capable I am happy with the purchase. Although Mercalli was not included with Vegas pro 13, I purchased the v4+ SAL and the v4 plug-in. Outside of Twixtor (very pricey, $330 USD), I think it is the best available.

It does require some cropping and that is less than most, and I have been happy with the results. It is my understanding that DVDA 7.0 doesn't add any features to version 6.0 (it actually took away ac3 Pro audio, which wasn't included in your Movie Studio and DVDA 5.0 anyway, so that might not be important to you at this time).

If you are stabilizing Action Cam footage, perhaps from an airplane, the ProDAD ProDrenilin V2 may be a better option (they have trial downloads of all there products). Mercalli launching from within Vegas Pro is an advantage, but I'm sure you know, some footage just isn't good for stabilization and the results with any stabilizer program stand alone or plug-in will vary.

Side Note: Not to ambush your thread, if you have time (maybe better for a new thread in the General forum) could you post what cameras and equipment you are using at air shows? Are you shooting ground-to-ground static displays, ground-to-air, air-to-air? I'm interested.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:09 Oct 2016 09:23 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle eye., vkmast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vkmast
  • vkmast's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Thank you received: 527

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 09 Oct 2016 09:44 #12
UPDATE to my post (#8. now 10) and note to George's post (#9, now 11):

George's posts are always essential reading on any given topic for the extra information they contain.

And actually he beat me by almost 9 or 10 hours as I'm 9 or 10 hours ahead here:)
Last Edit:09 Oct 2016 18:59 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 09 Oct 2016 10:41 #13
Thanks for reply Eagle Six I use a SONY HXR-NX70p and shoot in PAL. The very few times I have been to an airshow it was mainly ground to ground. The camera is not that fast on focus and keeping it on a moving target. I spent all my working life as an aircraft engineer so I have had my share of aircraft. If I had my way I would prefer a SONY PXW-Z150 or secondly HXR-NX100 these are the ultimate for any activity.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 09 Oct 2016 13:56 #14

Can you advise me if it includes an updated, read, modernised DVD Architect with new 'Buttons' tab choices etc?

As George stated, there is nothing new in DVD Architect Pro 7 - it is the same as 6.
DVD Architect Pro 6 is one of my most used programs and it does include a lot more functionality than the Studio version.
The Button collection in DVDA Pro is still just as terrible as DVDA Studio.

DVDA Pro does allow 5.1 Surround in Blu-ray discs - Studio does not.

I am also wondering if Magix will continue proper development of DVDA Pro and add the ability to create UHD Blu-ray discs ?
Since Adobe dropped all support for Encore, DVD Architect is the only true disc creation software left on the market for individuals (as far as I am aware).
So I think Magix has an opportunity to fill a void here. There are plenty of people still wanting to make discs and it still is the superior option compared to streaming services.

Sony Creative Software did keep their commercial Do Studio product, which costs 1000's of dollars to buy. This is for film makers wanting to distribute their movies on Blu-ray and is what many Blu-rays in Hollywood are being authored with. There may be UHD support in this product?
www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dostudio

Thinking outside the square, you may be able to run a trial version of DVDA Pro 6 by downloading from the Sony archive here:
download.sonymediasoftware.com/current/
Look for dvdarchitectpro6.0.237.exe
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye., Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 13 Oct 2016 08:43 #15
:( Thanks for your replys Eagle Six and Derek on the purchase of 'Magix' Vegas Pro 14 I have taken the plunge and ordered it with a backup disc also. I ordered the backup disk because of the expected size of downloading it. We have not quite completed the 'Fibre Broardband' in my area of Auckland so I thought I may wait and install from the disk rather than any glich in the download. I assume all the included software is on the backup disk? I also have Prodrenalin V1 on my computer and I think Mercelli V4 will negate my upgrading to the new Prodrenalin V2. I guess I will have a few questions for the forum in future while I learn the new software.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 13 Oct 2016 10:38 #16
Congratulation on your purchase Eagle eye, I wish you the best with it. I have no idea what is on the disc, perhaps Derek or other members have some insight.
Best Regards......George

Posted 13 Oct 2016 12:47 #17

I have no idea what is on the disc

Ditto :!:

I haven't bought a physical disc for any software since 2010, so have no idea what may be on it. I created a Program Installation Files Archive years ago and keep copies of every single program I have ever bought and downloaded. I also save each new build version to the archive. The most important thing I keep in the archive is all the Activation Codes. This method has worked flawlessly and saved a lot of time when I did clean installs of Windows and had to re-install all my programs. Once a year a go through the archive a delete anything I know is useless now.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye., Richard Jones, vkmast

• vkmast
  • vkmast's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Thank you received: 527

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 13 Oct 2016 19:51 #18

DoctorZen wrote:

I have no idea what is on the disc

Ditto :!:

I haven't bought a physical disc for any software since 2010, so have no idea what may be on it. I created a Program Installation Files Archive years ago and keep copies of every single program I have ever bought and downloaded. I also save each new build version to the archive. The most important thing I keep in the archive is all the Activation Codes. This method has worked flawlessly and saved a lot of time when I did clean installs of Windows and had to re-install all my programs. Once a year a go through the archive a delete anything I know is useless now.

Considering what's going on at the moment in the current ownership transition of a certain software product line (no names to protect the ****** parties), we all should have the quoted post copied and framed on the wall in our premises and the archive up to date.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle eye.

Replied by CeeDee on topic Vegas Pro 14 ""Upgrade" offer until 16.10.2016"

Posted 13 Oct 2016 20:10 #19
I created a Program Installation Files Archive years ago

I would just add here that for complete confidence keep the archive on separate N.A.S. storage or on a USB hard drive that can be ported or disconnected to secure the contents from any external viral threats.

Just a thought....
Sony Vegas Pro 15, DVD Architect 9, Acid Music Studio 9, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, Photoshop Elements 9
PC: Intel six Core i7 Processor i7-5820K (3.3GHz) 15MB Cache
ASUS® X99-S: ATX, HSW-E CPU, USB 3.0, SATA 6 GB/s
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
by CeeDee
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle eye., Richard Jones

Posted 13 Oct 2016 20:19 #20

I would just add here that for complete confidence keep the archive on separate N.A.S. storage or on a USB hard drive that can be ported or disconnected to secure the contents from any external viral threats.

I concur :!: :!: :!:
That goes without saying. I have my program archive on 3 separate drives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye., Richard Jones

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.972 seconds