VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Loved Magix Software has acquired Sony Creative Software

• vkmast
  • vkmast's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Thank you received: 527

Replied by vkmast on topic Magix Software has acquired Sony Creative Software

Posted 27 May 2016 04:36 #11
Read Eric D(ettman) of (now) MAGIX on the Creative Cow forum:

Greetings, From the Vegas Team
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vkmast
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master

Posted 27 May 2016 21:27 #12
Seems some users (not myself as yet) have also received this email notice:

Sony Creative Software Purchased by MAGIX

Sony Creative Software Inc. ("SCS") is pleased to announce that MAGIX Software GmbH (“MAGIX”) has purchased substantially all of the software products and other assets of SCS (“SCS Assets”). As part of this sale, and in accordance with our Privacy Policy, MAGIX will acquire our customer database, including your personally identifiable information, previously collected through our website or otherwise (“Customer Database”). This information was included in the sale to assist MAGIX in providing you with products and services, including those that are no longer offered by SCS.

MAGIX has agreed that it will treat the personal information in the Customer Database in compliance with the law and in accordance with the terms of the existing SCS Privacy Policy. If you have any questions regarding MAGIX’s privacy practices or its treatment of personal information, please contact MAGIX at: privacy at magix.net.

Please note that SCS will continue to own and distribute its Suite of Catalyst-branded products and services, and we will continue to communicate with you regarding those and other Sony products and services. The personal information and other information about you that we retain will continue to be governed by, and treated consistent with, the terms of our Privacy Policy. If you wish to adjust your SCS communication preferences, please follow the process set forth in our Privacy Policy. In addition, you can opt-out from marketing emails sent from SCS or another Sony entity at any time by following the link contained within such marketing emails.

We appreciate the opportunity to have served you and hope to have the opportunity to do so in the future. For further information, including a detailed product list, please visit the Sony Creative Software website.

Sincerely,
Sony Creative Software Inc.
Last Edit:27 May 2016 21:28 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• vkmast
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master

• vkmast
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master

Posted 28 May 2016 08:30 #14
I think this response from the new Vegas "Product Owner" to one of the more pessimistic posters on the SCS Vegas Pro forum is well worth quoting here.

"Subject: RE: Hey Magix! Add this to Vegas MX:
Reply by: GaryRebholz (Sony Certified Vegas Trainer)
Date: 5/28/2016 1:03:45 AM (EEST)

<<<Unfortunately a lot of this is all going to probably go by the wayside as Magix will be all about hobbyist consumer and never mind the pro features that VegasPro originally had going for it.>>>

Nothing could be further from the truth of what I am proposing to do with Vegas Pro. I don't understand why you would spread such negativity here. Well, to be fair, users have been bitten over the past few versions, so I do get it. But please don't limit your thinking (or anyone else's) to "hobbyist consumer" features.

This growing list is spectacular and I have been logging every single piece of it into my backlog. Obviously it can't all happen immediately--we're a small team. But we're an enthusiastic and dedicated team. And we're itching to get started. Thanks for the great input everyone!
"
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Magix Software has acquired Sony Creative Software

Posted 01 Jun 2016 07:23 #15
Hi vkmast,

Thank You for all the updates you have provided. To add to the positive side of this software purchase, Eric Dettman appears to be replying to Vegas problems at the Creative COW, which is refreshing to hear. Eric is on the Magix/Sony support team. I think things are moving along better than many have expected.

CCOW - Vegas Freezes at 22%
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

• vkmast
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Magix Software has acquired Sony Creative Software

Posted 17 Jun 2016 17:44 #17
I have just posted a quick live stream on YouTube about the Magix takeover of Sony Vegas Software.
Everything I said in the video won't be news for most people on the forum here, it was more for the general YouTube community who don't visit the MSZ Forum, however I did post links to this forum thread on YouTube.

Derek :idea:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Jun 2016 17:45 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, vkmast

• vkmast
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master

Posted 20 Jun 2016 08:11 #18
Some additional info on the MAGIX policy is included in the following document that has just been added to the (still SCS) Knowledgebase.

www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5200/

edit: the original version , which has been updated to drop "for five years" in the "How long..." section.
Last Edit:26 Jun 2016 22:32 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, mmcswnavy24, Eagle Six

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Magix Software has acquired Sony Creative Software

Posted 20 Jun 2016 15:39 #19
Thanks vkmast !!!

If you're a wine drinker, you must have a great collection in your cellar, because you have a skill in finding everything that belongs on the "top shelf" !
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Replied by wlfarrell on topic Magix Software has acquired Sony Creative Software

Posted 21 Jun 2016 04:49 #20
Thanks Derek,

Hope that you continue with good health. I rely on Sony Vegas 13 and DVD 6 for my livelihood and at this time it would be difficult to move over to Adobe. I hope this MAGIX acquisition works for the good of everyone. You have a great deal of your life invested into the Sony editing products and you have served countless folks in becoming more skilled at editing.

Best,

Bill
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.935 seconds