VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 21 May 2019 23:48 #11

There seems to be two conversations here on the same subject. I don't have a problem with that. Some where up the thread I was asked and answered some questions about my set up. Was there a reply that I did not see? BTW I learned a lot about animating text through this web page. Thanks.

PETENOW

I know I provided information in two separate responses (#'s 3 & 6), listing both you (PETENOW) and (TBQLD). Though I may not have "directly" answered, between both replies would answer your original question "What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio"; yet my second post is probably more apt of an answer.

Happy Editing!
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by PETENOW on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 22 May 2019 08:49 #12
Thank you for your reply. I guess I will just drop the idea of buying a better video card until I work my way up to at least version 15. I am getting the impression that there is a world of difference between 14 and 15.
by PETENOW

Replied by TBQLD on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 23 May 2019 18:48 #13
Pete,

I'm discovering that there is a "world of difference" between Pro 15 Edit and the upgrade to Pro 16 AND my "upgrade" to Nvidia RTX2060 from my Asus Radeon R9290 ... after I captured and changed all my settings to match my 15 the render in 16 went perfick! BUT my Preview is now crap in both 15 and 16 ... 15 was really good @ "Best Full (GPU?) ... now I still get a still frame at the end of a straight cut (dissolves seem to work fine, my 2nd favourite "transition" - hey, I got my first Super 8 in 1976 ... when I cut I still remember what it was!)

I also want to pass on that I downloaded the new (to me anyway) Creator Drivers from Nvidia (seems they just "rediscovered" us all :) )

I confess I'm not happy with all the wasted time (a very precious commodity) but I also know that new ... means settling in ... when (if?) I get it right I'll pop back here ... I like the website style! (Anyway Dr Zen is Oz - gotta be cool!)

BTW I run an i7, 32MB RAM, Asus MB Z97 Deluxe C & D drives SSD and 11 BPSlim HDD ... totalling 25+TB memory and of course an Nvidia RTX2060 (my g/son just upped the ante with a 2070!)

TB :)
by TBQLD

Replied by PETENOW on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 24 May 2019 08:53 #14
TBQLD

To be clear I am using Vegas 14. I don't know if that is in the same family as Pro 15 and 16. I don't have that frozen last frame issue at all. Unless I do and I don't notice it. Let's hope I never notice it. I am looking for what will probably never happen. Just like at a car dealer ship I went to test drive the product before I buy. With Software that is pretty easy but with hardware, not even an option.

You say you use 32 meg of ram. I think you meant to say 32 gig of ram. Anyway, as I said before I will wait for the deal of the century to upgrade the program, but before I do I would question the Vegas people what video card they recommend. When I was setting up to edit sound many years ago I dealt with a company that stated that when I buy their software I must by a certain sound card. It worked like a charm because the software people recommended it.

Actually I will do that right now. I will look at what's available then ask what video card is best. Then wait for the deal of the century and then move ahead. Hopefully it won't take the whole century. I don't think I could wait that long.
by PETENOW

Replied by Elena16 on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 07 Aug 2019 03:31 #15
We have had the opportunity to try this Radeon VII for a few days and the manufacturer's promises are fulfilled almost entirely. The equality with the RTX 2080 in the field of pure gaming is surprising, which shows that we are finally facing a real alternative to that NVIDIA domain in the high range.
by Elena16

Posted 08 Aug 2019 10:04 #16
Have you used this card with Vegas Movie Maker? If so then what version? I am using V14.
by PETENOW

Replied by DoctorZen on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 08 Aug 2019 10:10 #17

PETENOW wrote: Have you used this card with Vegas Movie Maker? If so then what version? I am using V14.

If you want better GPU performance in Vegas, you need to upgrade to version 15 or higher.
Versions 15, 16 and 17 use a new encoder called MAGIX AVC which is optimised for all modern Nvidia, AMD Radeon and Intel integrated graphics.
Version 14 only uses the old Mainconcept AVC encoder, which does not work with modern graphics cards.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PETENOW

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 09 Aug 2019 02:50 #18
I, on my "Signature Rig", have the AMD Radeon VII (Sapphire Brand), of which this GPU provides the necessary "horse-power" to run both Vegas Pro 15 Suite and Vegas Movie Studio 15 Suite. Plus, have DaVinci Resolve 16 Beta v.7, of which it runs fine as well. Currently have the latest "Adrenaline" 19.7.5 driver installed. All three programs run fine, accelerated GPU stuff per application where it has been developed, and I try not to mess with any settings for those "extra speed incentives". I prefer stability over the "super-fastness" that seems to be so prevalent today. On my other machine (i7-6800k Broadwell-E, 32 GB RAM, 1 x 1TB PCI-e for OS, 1 x 2TB PCI-e 'both NVME' for storage/render/cache) runs with a Founder's Edition RTX 2070 (using 431.70 Studio Driver), with Vegas Movie Studio 16 Suite and DR 16b7 as well. Again, haven't messed with various settings to get that "oh so fast feeling", want the stability. As in other posts here and at the Magix Vegas Forum, once done editing and ready to render, pick my template, rarely change any bit rate settings, and usually use the CPU render, and then go do something for a while. Less Artifacts, to me better quality (especially when rendering out for DVD or Blu-Ray), and less trouble-shooting if there are problems. Plus, watched a lot of the Doc's Tutorials, and read almost every post within this Forum and the Magix Vegas Forum (do follow the links in some posts that go out to Creative Cow and other sites as well - have found those "needed nuggets" of information by accident as well!)

Happy Editing!
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, PETENOW

Posted 17 Sep 2019 10:42 #19
I have decided to take the plunge and upgrade to Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16.
Below are the specs of my computer. If you had my computer would the video card you are currently using work in a computer with my specs.

What version of Movie Studio do I have?
I have Version 16 Suite
Other programs that I use that are important...

SAW (Software Audio Workshop) Audio editing
Outlook and various MS Office programs
Mixcraft (Audio Editing)
Roxio Easy VHS to DVD
Logo Design Studio Pro

Computer information

CPU : INTEL CORE i7-4790 CPU @3.60GHZ
16 GIG OF RAM
64 BIT WINDOWS 10 OPERATING SYSTEM.

I am really having trouble guessing at something when seeing it at an online store. If I don't get an answer I will have to break down and go to PC Richard or Best buy. I know what I am going to hear there. This card is really good with games. I don't play games. I don't intend to play games. I only want to edit video. If you can't answer my query above then maybe you can tell me if a video card is good with games then maybe it is good with video editing.
by PETENOW

Replied by DoctorZen on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 17 Sep 2019 11:30 #20

PETENOW wrote: I am really having trouble guessing at something when seeing it at an online store. If I don't get an answer I will have to break down and go to PC Richard or Best buy. I know what I am going to hear there. This card is really good with games. I don't play games. I don't intend to play games. I only want to edit video. If you can't answer my query above then maybe you can tell me if a video card is good with games then maybe it is good with video editing.

Hi Pete
A few weeks ago I took the plunge and bought an Nvidia RTX 2060 - I upgraded from an Nvidia GTX 570.
My computer is much older than yours and the new RTX 2060 is working amazingly well with the older Motherboard and Intel 2600k CPU.

Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 is working perfectly with the new GPU.
Render times are super fast compared to the old GPU.
All my other programs are working better as well.
I am really impressed with the performance boost I am getting now!
I am also super impressed at how much quieter and cooler the new graphics card is compared to my old GTX 570.

The specific graphics card I bought was an MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming Z 6GB.
*Please note this is an Australian website!
www.pccasegear.com/products/45189/msi-geforce-rtx-2060-gaming-z-6gb

Don't get hung up on seeing "gaming" in the description - most consumer graphics cards are marketed for gamers, however they work just as well for content creation. I chose this card because of it's physical dimensions - something that you must check before selecting a model to buy. I also didn't want to spend a fortune on upgrading my old system, so I thought the RTX 2060 was a good compromise between price/performance/value.

Something that I highly recommend you do if you get an Nvidia GPU, is to install the latest Studio Drivers, instead of using Gaming Drivers.
Studio Drivers is a new concept from Nvidia that is better configured for content creators, instead of gaming.
Magix/Vegas is working directly with Nvidia to make the "Studio Drivers" more compatible with Vegas.

Another thing I became aware of is Windows Driver Types.
In the Nvidia Driver Download search boxes, is an option that says Windows Driver Types - Standard or DCH.
The first Studio driver I installed was "Standard".
When you install any Nvidia driver, it first checks for "System Compatibility" - after this check was done, it reported that I should install the DCH version instead, due to the version of Windows I have installed. I am only mentioning this, in case you come across the same problem.

www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx#

I'm sort of glad now that I waited so long to upgrade my graphics card, because now I have a GPU that can use the latest Drivers that work the best with Vegas.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Sep 2019 11:33 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.923 seconds