vegas pro 16 728x90 2019 06 sale

Idea What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

• Thank you received: 178

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

There seems to be two conversations here on the same subject. I don't have a problem with that. Some where up the thread I was asked and answered some questions about my set up. Was there a reply that I did not see? BTW I learned a lot about animating text through this web page. Thanks.

PETENOW

I know I provided information in two separate responses (#'s 3 & 6), listing both you (PETENOW) and (TBQLD). Though I may not have "directly" answered, between both replies would answer your original question "What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio"; yet my second post is probably more apt of an answer.

Happy Editing!
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC/1950X/64 GB Corsair/Sapphire Radeon VII/SoundBlaster Zx/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. Vegas Pro 15 Suite/Vegas MSP 15 Suite/SoundForge Studio 12/Lightroom Classic & Photoshop CC/Hitfilm & Ignite Express 12. Intel 750 PCIe with OS & Apps, Samsung 960 EVO PCIe for source footage.
21 May 2019 23:48 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by PETENOW on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Thank you for your reply. I guess I will just drop the idea of buying a better video card until I work my way up to at least version 15. I am getting the impression that there is a world of difference between 14 and 15.
22 May 2019 08:49 #12

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by TBQLD on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Pete,

I'm discovering that there is a "world of difference" between Pro 15 Edit and the upgrade to Pro 16 AND my "upgrade" to Nvidia RTX2060 from my Asus Radeon R9290 ... after I captured and changed all my settings to match my 15 the render in 16 went perfick! BUT my Preview is now crap in both 15 and 16 ... 15 was really good @ "Best Full (GPU?) ... now I still get a still frame at the end of a straight cut (dissolves seem to work fine, my 2nd favourite "transition" - hey, I got my first Super 8 in 1976 ... when I cut I still remember what it was!)

I also want to pass on that I downloaded the new (to me anyway) Creator Drivers from Nvidia (seems they just "rediscovered" us all :) )

I confess I'm not happy with all the wasted time (a very precious commodity) but I also know that new ... means settling in ... when (if?) I get it right I'll pop back here ... I like the website style! (Anyway Dr Zen is Oz - gotta be cool!)

BTW I run an i7, 32MB RAM, Asus MB Z97 Deluxe C & D drives SSD and 11 BPSlim HDD ... totalling 25+TB memory and of course an Nvidia RTX2060 (my g/son just upped the ante with a 2070!)

TB :)
23 May 2019 18:48 #13

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by PETENOW on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

TBQLD

To be clear I am using Vegas 14. I don't know if that is in the same family as Pro 15 and 16. I don't have that frozen last frame issue at all. Unless I do and I don't notice it. Let's hope I never notice it. I am looking for what will probably never happen. Just like at a car dealer ship I went to test drive the product before I buy. With Software that is pretty easy but with hardware, not even an option.

You say you use 32 meg of ram. I think you meant to say 32 gig of ram. Anyway, as I said before I will wait for the deal of the century to upgrade the program, but before I do I would question the Vegas people what video card they recommend. When I was setting up to edit sound many years ago I dealt with a company that stated that when I buy their software I must by a certain sound card. It worked like a charm because the software people recommended it.

Actually I will do that right now. I will look at what's available then ask what video card is best. Then wait for the deal of the century and then move ahead. Hopefully it won't take the whole century. I don't think I could wait that long.
24 May 2019 08:53 #14

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Zen Social Media

MOVIESTUDIOZEN.COM

© Copyright 2018. Movie Studio Zen. All Rights Reserved.

Support Movie Studio Zen

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

Translate Language

MSZ Security

Positive SSL