VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Replied by Blackheart on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 26 Oct 2020 03:03 #31

CarlosR wrote: For me nVidia RTX 2060 cards is the best graphics card for Vegas Studio

Just looking for a card at about the $200-$250 range. But sounds like nVidia is the way to go?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 26 Oct 2020 14:37 #32

Blackheart wrote: "nVidia RTX 2070 Founders Edition GPU - yeah, works great!" - it had better!!! ;-p

I'm trying to find a graphics card for $200-250 - and not be the bottleneck of the system. Thanks!

If you only have a small budget, look for any of these models.
Look for best you can afford!
Both Nvidia and AMD Radeon work well in the latest versions of Vegas Movie Studio and Vegas Pro.

Nvidia GTX 1650
Nvidia GTX 1650 Super
Nvidia GTX 1660
Nvidia GTX 1660 Super
Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti

AMD Radeon RX 570
AMD Radeon RX 580
AMD Radeon RX 590
AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT

You may find AMD Radeon RX 580 and RX 590 to have best prices and most bang for your buck!!!
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PETENOW, Blackheart

Replied by Blackheart on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 26 Oct 2020 23:01 #33

DoctorZen wrote:

Blackheart wrote: "nVidia RTX 2070 Founders Edition GPU - yeah, works great!" - it had better!!! ;-p

I'm trying to find a graphics card for $200-250 - and not be the bottleneck of the system. Thanks!

You may find AMD Radeon RX 580 and RX 590 to have best prices and most bang for your buck!!!

The RX 590 is what I have been looking at but I was planning on pairing it with the AMD Ryzen 9 3900x. Would that be like puting a nitro injected V8 on a VW bug transmission - I'm afraid it might be unbalanced a bit.
I was thinking I might have to lower the $ I'm spending on the CPU so I can afford more GPU?

Thoughts?

Replied by DoctorZen on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 27 Oct 2020 15:33 #34

Blackheart wrote: The RX 590 is what I have been looking at but I was planning on pairing it with the AMD Ryzen 9 3900x. Would that be like putting a nitro injected V8 on a VW bug transmission - I'm afraid it might be unbalanced a bit.
I was thinking I might have to lower the $ I'm spending on the CPU so I can afford more GPU?
Thoughts?

The AMD Radeon RX 590 is an older GPU architecture now.
The RX 590 pushes that GPU architecture as far as it can go. AMD released that, because that didn't have anything new ready yet.
I know people that bought the RX 590, said it had very good performance at a low price, compared to what Nvidia had at the same price (way back then).

If you can afford to buy an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, maybe you should invest more in your GPU.
AMD is about to release their new RDNA2 GPU architecture, which all the leakers are saying is going to be extremely competitive with Nvidia, if not better!
I think AMD is about to surprise everyone with what they have developed for the GPU market.
Unlike Nvidia who has zero stock of their new 3000 series GPUs, AMD has reported they will have plenty of stock to sell from day one for their 6000 series GPUs.

If you are not in a rush, wait to see what AMD is about to release.
It will be the RX 6000 series of graphics cards.
AMD will be live streaming the release on YouTube, 28th October 2020.
www.pcgamer.com/au/amd-rx-6000-release-date-specs-price-big-navi-performance/
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 27 Oct 2020 22:44 #35
"If you can afford to buy an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, maybe you should invest more in your GPU."

It's a total budget thing. I have maxed out my budget focusing on cpu and storage speed. Thats what I was wondering if maybe should spend $200 less on the CPU and spend $200 more on the gpu. Would that end up giving me faster render times?

Posted 28 Oct 2020 08:50 #36

Blackheart wrote: It's a total budget thing. I have maxed out my budget focusing on cpu and storage speed. Thats what I was wondering if maybe should spend $200 less on the CPU and spend $200 more on the gpu. Would that end up giving me faster render times?

I understand :idea:

Unfortunately there is no clear answer.
If it was me, I would definitely be spending more on a good graphics card.
Maybe consider getting an AMD Ryzen 7 3800X (8 core) or AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT (8 core), instead of AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (12 core).
8 Cores is still a lot of processing power, then you will have more money for better GPU.

CPU rendering is generally slower than GPU rendering.
However, if you buy a high core count AMD Ryzen CPU, your CPU should render very fast.
CPU rendering is always the safest method to render and produces the best quality results.

On the other hand, most Video FX are GPU accelerated now.
So if you have a more powerful GPU, the Video FX will process faster when rendering.
Rendering with a GPU is normally much faster than using a CPU with less than 6 cores.

Nvidia 2000 series GPUs render video very fast.
The newly released 3000 series GPUs render even faster.

AMD Radeon RX 500 series GPUs render a bit slower than Nvidia 2000 series.
AMD Radeon 5000 series GPUs render faster and about the same as Nvidia 2000 GPUs.
I expect the new AMD Radeon 6000 series GPU's which get announced in the next 24 hours, will render extremely fast.
Last Edit:28 Oct 2020 08:53 by DoctorZen

Replied by RobinLee on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 16 Mar 2021 02:29 #37
AMD R7 370 and the AMD R9 series work well with Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio. I don't recommend going any lower than an R7 260 video card as you may not get the performance you need from the lower-end cards.
Last Edit:16 Mar 2021 19:44 by RobinLee

Replied by wondercrew on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 30 Apr 2021 11:56 #38
I would recommend this one www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/gtx-1660-super/ cause I have it and it works amazing!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.854 seconds