Idea What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

• Thank you received: 187

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic What is the best Graphics Card for Vegas Movie Studio

Hi Pete,

I Whole-Heartedly agree with Dr. Zen's pick of GPU! I know in my post from early August, I mentioned the hardware in my "Signature" rig. But, I do have another computer, which just so happens to be utilizing Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum Suite. Here's the quick specs:

i7-6800K (the HEDT platform using Broadwell-E, the next step up from Haswell-E, of which yours is the "Devil's Canyon" Haswell maintstream)
Win 10 Pro 64-bit (1903 version)
32GB DDR4-2400 MHz RAM
1 TB Intel 660p NVME PCI-e SSD for OS and all Applications
2 TB Intel 660p NVME PCI-e SSD for everything else (on a M.2 to PCI-e 3.0 x 4 adapter card); source, scratch, render, etc.
LG Blu-Ray/DVD Burner
nVidia RTX 2070 Founders Edition GPU - yeah, works great!

Went with the Founders Edition as I have always wanted to try one from nVidia. Yep, using the "Standard & Studio" Windows 10 driver for it (436.30 latest). And, just so you know, my X99 Platform is comparable to your Z87/Z97 (relatively speaking) platform, as they were released around the same time. The nice thing about the GPU I have in this rig, is that it can follow me to any upgrade later this year, once both Intel and AMD "release" their new High End Desktop (HEDT) later this month or early October (ha, ha, snicker, snicker, yeah - right :) )

If AMD would get their drivers sorted out for the new RX 5700/5700XT for Content Creators (OBS users as well!), those would be some great cards. Though, don't be afraid of looking at the AMD RX 580 or 590 cards. They still perform well in most everything for Vegas Pro/Movie Studio - just not the updated AVC and HEVC Rendering speeds like they have for nVidia and Intel QSV. I know I am not complaining about how my Radeon VII performs with Vegas Pro 15 & Movie Studio Suite 15. Just making sure you have the current "lay of the land" regarding the video encoding/decoding processes with the current line-ups of GPUs'.

Just remember though, as what the Doc mentioned about "checking" your system. Don't "buy into" the hype of how "COOL" these new GPU's run, they get warm! Check your case first, see how much room you have in total length ensuring no obstructions, ensure PLENTY OF AIR FLOW, and if you are changing the card with a new one, two great things to do at the same time:

#1. BACK UP YOUR COMPUTER FILES!
#2. Clean out your case, wipe down current fans or replace with some newer ones; re-check all your cables and their connection tightness. You know, house-cleaning!

Oh, and BACK UP YOU COMPUTER!!!!!!!!! You know, in case you might have forgotten!

Let us know how your shopping escapade goes, including how your new editing adventures turn out!
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC/1950X/64 GB Corsair/Sapphire Radeon VII/SoundBlaster Zx/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. Vegas Pro 15 Suite/Vegas MSP 15 Suite/SoundForge Studio 12/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/Hitfilm & Ignite Express 12. Intel 750 PCIe with OS & Apps, Samsung 960 EVO PCIe for source footage....
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
17 Sep 2019 13:42 #21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2019 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.