VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler was created by Holeintheday

Posted 10 Nov 2016 14:55 #1
I just recently purchased the deal from Magix where you buy Movie Studio 13 Suite and then you get the Movie Studio 14 Suite for free when it comes out next year.
I received the email from Magix and downloaded all of the programs and components from the links that were included in the email. I started playing around with MS13Suite this evening and I discovered that the NewBlueFX 3D Titling & Video Effects and the Borris FX Units are no where to be found within the program. I DO however see the FXHOME Hitfilm Effects installed, just not the other 2. I believe that these are supposed to be included in the Suite version and that's why I purchased the Suite version.
Where do I find these other 2 packages that are supposed to be included with the program and how do I install them?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Posted 10 Nov 2016 22:40 #2
Hi

You need to ask Magix Support that question.
I have not bought any Vegas products through Magix yet, so I have no idea how they deliver all the components that come with the Suite.
What I can tell you, is that the NBFX and Boris FX Units are two .exe files that need to be installed separately and then they will appear in the program.

Have you checked inside of your Magix Account for any extra download links ?

Contact Magix Support via this link:
support2.magix.com/customer/en/vegas/form

Please report back once they tell you where the download links are, so that other users will know the answer in future.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Dec 2016 16:21 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holeintheday

Replied by vkmast on topic Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Posted 11 Nov 2016 03:56 #3
In addition to what the good Doc suggests, all of which I totally agree with, I have no experience with buying VEGAS Products from MAGIX either yet, but you could check the following
www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/
www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/

Read also the "Download version installation" section in
www.magix.com/int/support/technical-support/

The MAGIX websites are IMO a maze and navigating there I usually get lost every time. I also think that they have been trying to reinvent the wheel in some respects (e.g. their forum).
Last Edit:11 Nov 2016 08:11 by vkmast

Replied by Pete Thorington on topic Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Posted 14 Nov 2016 14:50 #4
Hi Derek,

Wanted to bring to your attention the problems I've been having trying to access the download links for the bonus plug-ins.

After dreadful rendering speeds on my i7 16gb PC running Platinum Suite 10, I followed the upgrade link on your site and bought Movie Studio 13 Suite on 3rd Nov. Finding Borisfx and NewBluefx missing I emailed support asking where the links were.

First reply : 'Vegas Pro Suite is the bundle that comes with the plug ins you mentioned. The bundle you purchased is Movie Studio Platinum Suite.'

I responded that my receipt said 'Movie Studio 13 Suite' and their own website states that as including Boris and NewBlue.

Second reply: The installer has been fixed to include all of the third party products. To re-download the installer, log onto your MAGIX.com account. Then click MyProduct, and re-download the installer for the software on that page.

Checked MyProducts, no change - only shows core programs - Asked support what 're-download the installer for the software on that page' means as the links are to the same programs - no links to third party plug-ins - no 'update installer' or similar.

Third Reply: 'Movie Studio Platinum Suite. www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-movie-studio-suite/

Vegas Pro Suite. www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro-suite/ '.

I thanked support for the links to the product pages that show Movie Studio 13 Suite includes Boris & NewBlue and that Pro 14 no longer does, but 'How do I download the plug-ins?'....and I'm waiting to see what nonsense arrives next.

I suspect some licensing problem with Borisfx and NewBluefx after the Magix takeover and I'm quietly seething at 10 days of no support at all.

I will update if I receive any useful information.

Best Regards,
Pete
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Holeintheday

Posted 15 Nov 2016 01:04 #5
I have just emailed BOTH of you with links to my Dropbox account, so you can download the missing Video FX.
The Boris FX do not require an activation code and will work forever once installed.
You will need an activation code for the NewBlue FX - I hope both of you were supplied with Activation Codes for NBFX.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:15 Nov 2016 01:06 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holeintheday, Pete Thorington

Replied by Holeintheday on topic Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Posted 15 Nov 2016 01:21 #6
Just wanted to give an update to my situation. Like Pete, I too have been going around and around with Magix technical support.

They keep telling me that I only purchased the "Platinum" version, even though I CLEARLY paid for the Suite version AND it shows up on my receipt as the Suite version AND I also received download links for the "extra" programs such as Sound Forge and ACID Music Studio, but NO download links for the Third Party Plugins that are supposed to be included.

This is very frustrating and I'm starting to feel that this is to the point where I am not going to win this case, even though I paid for something that I have not received. Ad now it's passed the 30 day return window so Magix will not let me return this.

I already have the latest version of Sound Forge and I'm not sure if I will ever use ACID Music Studio, so I basically bought this for the new version of Movie Studio and because it included the really nice plugins. But not only that, but what helped me decide to purchase this version when I did, is that Magix was advertising a special where you buy Movie Studio 13 by Sept 29, then you will get Movie Studio 14 for free when it comes out next Feb. Now I'm wondering if we are actually going to get 14 for free when it comes out???

Very frustrated by this whole thing and I'm not quite sure what to do. I LOVE using Movie Studio for all of my projects and I don't want to have to go to something else, but I'm starting to wonder if this is the beginning of the end because of an incompetent company???

Thank you Derek for your awesome support though and all of your assistance!! You are greatly appreciated!!

I will keep you posted with any developments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pete Thorington

Posted 15 Nov 2016 01:24 #7
Thank you Derek! Unfortunately I was not supplied with an activation code. I'm still holding out hope that maybe Magix will come to their senses and be able to make this right.

Thank you again!

Posted 15 Nov 2016 01:28 #8
I forgot to mention that my father is in the same boat that I am. He purchased his own copy of Movie Studio 13 Suite and he did not get the links or serial numbers for the third party plugins either.

Seems like it is an epidemic!!

Replied by vkmast on topic Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Posted 15 Nov 2016 01:58 #9

Holeintheday wrote: I forgot to mention that my father is in the same boat that I am. He purchased his own copy of Movie Studio 13 Suite and he did not get the links or serial numbers for the third party plugins either.

Seems like it is an epidemic!!

There's at least one similar post on the MAGIX Vegas Movie Studio forum, so you might be right about this being epidemic, besides unacceptable.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/cannot-register-suite-v13-with-magix--104104/#ca645593
by vkmast

Posted 15 Nov 2016 04:10 #10
I will email my contact at Magix about this problem and make sure that whoever is in charge fixes it!

Here is the complete list of everything that is included.
Items 1, 2, 3 & 4 are all music samples and are mainly for use with Acid Music Studio.
Item 5 is video tutorials and everything else is program files.

1. loops_and_songs.zip (1.1 GB)
2. soundsets_and_songs.zip (630 MB)
3. sound_sampler.zip (1.4 GB)
4. soundeffects.zip (194 MB)
5. audiostudio10_tutorials (585 MB)
6. audiostudio10.0.252.exe
7. dvdarchitectstudio5.0.186.exe
8. moviestudiope13.0.942_32bit.exe
9. moviestudiope13.0.955_64bit.exe
10. mss13-bcc8units.exe
11. musicstudio10.0.99.exe
12. NewBlueSonyVegasMSPPS13Setup14-140117.exe
13. sfas10_audioenhancer.exe
14. sfas10_vocaleraser.exe
15. studiodevil_britishvalve.exe
16. truepianos_amberlite.exe

*You need activation codes for items 6, 7, 8/9, 11, 12, 13 & 14
**You don't need activation codes for items 10, 15 & 16

Last Edit:15 Nov 2016 04:12 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.873 seconds