VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Posted 21 Dec 2016 23:12 #21
I am getting sick of Magix's lack of service.
I don't understand why these simple things are still not being fixed and it's totally pissing me off, to put it mildly.
Here is a link for the Boris FX Units from my Dropbox:
www.dropbox.com/s/ch1jnk5giutshlb/mss13-bcc8units.exe?dl=0
No activation code is required.

I can't supply you with the New Blue Titler, because my "Sony" version requires an Activation Code.
Magix's newer version does not require an activation code and I do not have a copy for that file.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Posted 22 Dec 2016 00:53 #22
Those Boris FX Units are still downloadable from the link below as well. Not sure though if they're compatible with Magix-branded MSS 13.
download.sonymediasoftware.com/current/extras/

As for Dropbox, I (and likely others too) have just received a note which contains this statement:
"we’ll soon be ending support for the Public folder. Dropbox Basic users will be able to use the Public folder until March 15, 2017. After that date the files in your Public folder will become private, and links to these files will be deactivated."
I for one won't be glad to know that all my links on e.g. forums will be broken. More here .
by vkmast

Replied by ericlnz on topic Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Posted 22 Dec 2016 09:52 #23
Thanks Derek & VKMast. I downloaded the file from Dropbox and it's now installed and the Boris items appearing in my Vegas MS13.

I wonder how many of Magix's MS13 customers don't realise that they don't have all the advertised FX. They possibly assume they are part of the basic install as is the situation with the FXHome HitFilm FX.

Merry Christmas to all.
by ericlnz

Posted 22 Dec 2016 13:28 #24
Oh dear, I should have known this was too good to be true.

Although the Boris effects installed without needing activation I find when I go to use them that there's a 'Register' button. This tells me I have a 14 day evaluation period and there's a box for a serial number.

Let's hope I hear from Magix before the 14 days but I'm not hopeful as from comments I've read they don't appear to be very efficient at responding to tickets.
by ericlnz

Posted 22 Dec 2016 14:40 #25

Although the Boris effects installed without needing activation I find when I go to use them that there's a 'Register' button.

DON'T PANIC !!!
This is normal and can be completely ignored.
Forget you ever saw it!
Even though you see this option, it has been deactivated and does not require any codes.
It will not deactivate after 14 days.

I wonder how many of Magix's MS13 customers don't realise that they don't have all the advertised FX.

This was my thoughts exactly a few months ago.
I tried to get some sense out of someone from Magix about this and no one would listen to me.
I had pestered more than 3 different Magix employees about various problems over and over again and could not continue banging my head against a wall.
I actually wish that Magix had taken Movie Studio Platinum 13 off the market completely until version 14 was released.
The biggest problem was caused by ownership/copyright issues between what Sony use to own/sell and what Magix could now sell.
Sony did not sell their library of extensive Music Samples to Magix.

I got the feeling that the most senior person at Magix I spoke to about the Movie Studio debacle, thought I was the one being ignorant for asking these questions. I hate dealing with negative energy, so just gave up, even though this goes against my nature. I feel very conflicted about the lack of resolution and part of me wants to ditch Magix and move on, however I have invested too many years into Vegas to throw it all away now. I hope something improves dramatically once Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 is released in February, otherwise I may have to do the unthinkable.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:22 Dec 2016 14:41 by DoctorZen

Posted 22 Dec 2016 14:55 #26
Thanks Derek.

One other comment - with MS13 Suite I did get Acid Loops, a 1.6gb download to go with acid music studio. This contains music 'loops'. I'm unclear as to whether Acid was a Sony product or a Magic one as I didn't get it with Sony MS12 Suite. But as you've previously commented the Sony music tracks, which I've found useful, aren't included.
by ericlnz

Posted 22 Dec 2016 15:18 #27

One other comment - with MS13 Suite I did get Acid Loops, a 1.6gb download to go with acid music studio.

OK, well that is good news then !!!
You are the first Magix Movie Studio customer to confirm that the Music Loops are now being provided.
Because I own the Sony version, I have no way of knowing what is included in the Magix version.
[IMG

This was the exact problem I was speaking to Magix about. For many months, all new customers who had purchased Movie Studio Platinum 13 Suite, had not been receiving any music loops & samples at all. I kept getting stone walled by Magix and no one would admit there was even a problem. New Blue and Boris were also missing for many months. I posted messages about that here and on the official Vegas forums.

My Loops & Samples folder that came with Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 13, was 3.3 GBs in file size. Without seeing what is included in your music folders, my guess is that Magix is now including "their own" music samples. I'm glad that this has at least has been finally sorted out. I do feel sorry for all the folks who bought this before now, who have no idea the music samples were missing. Now that I know the music is now being included, I will post a message about this to try and reach those customers via my social media.

I would like to ask this question.
How were the 1.6 GBs of music sent to you ?
Was it part of the Movie Studio installer program or delivered somehow else ?
If it is part of the Movie Studio installer, I can tell people to re-download the installer from their Magix accounts, so they can finally download the missing music files. I was lead to believe that New Blue and Boris were also added to the Movie Studio installer. If you go to your Documents folder, you should find a Magix Download folder. Inside that you will find the Installationsmanager folder, which is were all your Magix programs and apps should be located.

I'm unclear as to whether Acid was a Sony product or a Magic one as I didn't get it with Sony MS12 Suite.

Acid was a Sony product and Magix now owns it.
Acid Music Studio was only added to Movie Studio Platinum 13 Suite, for the first time. It was never included in older suite versions.
The music samples however, are a different area and were linked to Sony's Music division (I am pretty sure) and not part of sale to Magix.
Sony use to get artists signed to Sony Music, to create Acid Loops and Samples which you could buy from Sony Creative Software and work in Acid Music Studio and Acid Pro. I own a few of these and they are really good.
Last Edit:22 Dec 2016 15:24 by DoctorZen

Posted 22 Dec 2016 17:54 #28
In answer to your questions Derek my MS13 Suite purchased 20 Dec as update price from Sony MS12 arrived as an email with download links for the following files.

Vegas MS 13 Suite exe file with Serial Number
Program Manual pdf

DVD Arch Studio 5 exe with Serial Number
Program Manual pdf

iZotope Vocal Eraser plugin exe file with Serial number which I didn't need to install
iZotope Audio Enhancer plugin exe with Serial number which I didn't need to install

ACID Music Studio 10 exe file with Serial Number
Program Manual pdf
ACID Loop Content exe file (this 1.7gb file installed 2.64 gb of files into my User/Docs folder)

Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 exe file with Serial number
Program Manual pdf

Note: The files didn't automatically go into my Magix Downloads folder and install. Instead I saved them to where I wanted them and installed them at a time that suited me. Just like SCS downloads. I haven't actually installed DVDS and SoundForge as I'll continue using my existing programmes meantime. They came with MS12 Suite. With the MS13 Suite exe it was exactly the same size as the trial version I downloaded a week prior and wouldn't install unless I uninstalled the existing installation. So I entered the Serial number into my trial as Eric D of Magix said in a post you could. If by chance NewBlue and Boris were hidden inside I would have expected the serial number to unlock them. The HitFilm effects appear when you load the trial. They are in a subfolder within the MS13 program folder whereas NewBlue and Boris normally have their own programme folders?

Hope this may help any others with problems.
by ericlnz

Posted 22 Dec 2016 20:08 #29
So just to be crystal clear, are you saying that you received an email from Magix and the actual email contained links for all the items you have listed?

Going by what Eric D has said in the past from Magix, I think I know how and where you can download New Blue and Boris.
He said on the official forum, that New Blue and Boris had been added to the main installer for program.
Go to Magix.com and login to your account.
The go to My Products
I don't know how Magix will organise this, but you should find Movie Studio 13 Suite or Movie Studio Platinum 13.
Click the Installation Program link.
You will have to enter a captcha code and then installer will download.
Run the Installer and if my suspicions are correct, you should see links for New Blue and Boris.
Select just the items you need, then begin download.

Hitfilm effects are embedded as part of Movie Studio, so there is no separate app to install and activate.
New Blue and Boris Units are actual separate apps and must be downloaded by individually.

Let me know if you have success.

Posted 22 Dec 2016 20:47 #30

DoctorZen wrote: So just to be crystal clear, are you saying that you received an email from Magix and the actual email contained links for all the items you have listed?

Yes I downloaded all the items I listed from the links in the email.

With Magic your Account/My Products works very different to SCS. It does NOT list all the downloads available to you. It only shows the products you have activated to get working. Magix call this registering. There is provision to add 'missing products'. Currently my products shows only my MS13 Platinum Trial, MS13 Platinum(purchased) and ACID Studio. These are the only programmes I've activated with Magix. I've just realised it says Move Studio 13 Platinum not Suite. But my email clearly says Suite and the Serial Numbers are the same.

There are two buttons for each programme - Installation program and Instructions. They do not run an installer which then downloads and automatically installs. This only happened with my trial version. Instead Firefox gives me the option to save the file. You can then run this exe file to install when it suits you.

The programme installation programme is the same file I have already downloaded which whilst slightly different in name is identical in exact byte size to my original trial download a week ago. I cannot install this over my existing application without uninstalling first. As I have everything working at present (including Magic Bullet Looks and NewBlue from my MS12install) I'm reluctant to do this. I don't believe that the 'vegasmoviestudio13platinum_64bit.exe' contains the NewBlue and Boris items. If they have been added to the main installer then presumably I've been given the wrong installer. I just wish Magix would front up and tell us what is going on.

Cheers
Last Edit:22 Dec 2016 20:51 by ericlnz

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.956 seconds