VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Replied by vkmast on topic Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Posted 15 Nov 2016 06:05 #11
Just to compare what items in my Sony MS 13 Suite order still seem to be available to download from the SCS site, here's a couple of screenshots.
The MAGIX branded release of Vegas MS 13 Suite may of course be different.
by vkmast
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holeintheday, Pete Thorington

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Pete Thorington on topic Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Posted 15 Nov 2016 08:15 #12
Derek,

Thank You very much, I can at least now proceed with my project - restoration of late 80's onwards family movies - noise filter is essential and with the image restoration unit from Borisfx, I'm a very happy bunny, thanks to you.

No, Magix haven't suplied any serial numbers other than the core programs and nothing further from 'support'.

I wait hopefully for a successful outcome to this unnecessary grief,

Thank You for getting involved on our behalf.

Best Regards,

Pete
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by Holeintheday on topic Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Posted 15 Nov 2016 13:22 #13
Derek,

I have attached screenshots of the email I received from Magix when I purchased Movie Studio 13 Suite.

You will see that only the core programs, the iZotope plugins and the program manuals are available for download with serial numbers, but no NewBlue or Boris plugins or any of the other items you have listed in your above list.

From your above list, I am missing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 16

So there are quite a few more things than those 2 plugins that are missing from the digital download from Magix.

Hopefully your contact at Magix will be able to get this taken care of and that they will make this right!

Thank you so much for your assistance!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Pete Thorington

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Posted 17 Nov 2016 18:02 #14
I received a reply back from my contact at Magix, who had passed my enquiry onto another person at Magix who is responsible for Vegas Movie Studio.

Apparently all of the Music Files, Loops & Samples that Sony use to provide with Vegas Movie Studio 13 Suite, are no longer supplied with the Magix version of Vegas Movie Studio 13 Suite.

Here is the actual reply I received. I have no idea what "voucher redemption" means?

The loops and sounds are not available as a MAGIX product, as those items are not rebranded.
The New Blue, Boris, and other third party products are being added to the voucher redemption. We are currently resolving this situation.
If someone buys this package from the MAGIX site they are delivered the correct products. This issue is only with the vouchers being redeemed or the products.

The only two items on the product list I provided that are still being included is New Blue Titler & FX and Boris FX.

There is still the issue of ALL the customers who purchased Vegas Movie Studio 13 Suite through Magix and have never received download links for New Blue Titler & FX and Boris Continuum Units and also did not receive an activation code for New Blue FX.

I have started a new forum thread on the official VEGAS Forums and will try to get a Magix representative to offer a solution for customers who need download links and activation codes.

www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/download-links-for-newbluefx-codes-and-boris-continuum-units--104505/

Quite frankly, I am tired of having to speak to Magix about problems that should not exist in the first place and I feel like I am working for Magix via proxy. I am not employee of Magix, yet because of my own customer base on my website, I get all the reports from new Magix customers who are getting stuffed around by Magix support not supporting them. I keep having to forward problems to Magix to get resolved and I have reached the end of my tether.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Nov 2016 18:03 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast, Pete Thorington

Posted 18 Nov 2016 03:03 #15
A Magix representative has now posted a message about this problem on the official Vegas Forums here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/download-links-for-newbluefx-codes-and-boris-continuum-units--104505/

I know Holeintheday already knows about this.

So this message is really for Pete.
If you have not received any new emails from Magix support about the missing downloads and activation codes, I recommend you post your own message in the forum thread linked above. Then you can ask a senior person at Magix yourself to fix this problem.

If anyone else reads this thread in the future and is also missing New Blue Titler EX and Boris Continuum Units, I suggest you also post a message on the thread linked here.

I hope this problem is now fully resolved for everyone.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pete Thorington

Posted 18 Nov 2016 10:36 #16
Hi Derek,

Thanks again for your time and support and for the link.

Holeintheday and I are now trying to get answers on the Vegas forum, the Vegas Magix rep @MAGIX_Eric D appears to be the same Eric Dettman that has been 'supporting' me thus far - and hasn't responded to my last support question for 7 days.

I'll let you know as soon as this problem is resolved.

Many Thanks and Best Regards,
Pete Thorington
Last Edit:18 Nov 2016 13:11 by Pete Thorington
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Posted 24 Nov 2016 09:02 #17
Hi Derek,

Just to let you know that I, and I presume Holeintheday, have received email Links from Magix Eric D.

They appear to be the same files as the links you kindly sent us both, but no serial numbers have been supplied.

Eric says in the email that they do not require serial numbers and that they have tested the plug-ins. I have installed their NewBlueFx filters and although NewBlue's Terms states that a serial number is required or the filters will produce a watermark. I can see no visible effect of one - Maybe you need a special program to see it, maybe they've turned it off.

I don't think we're going to get a serial number or the music loops and I don't feel persistence will bear fruit.

I'll just be sure to buy the physical product next time, so I know exactly what is included.

Many Thanks for your support and Thank You for the valuable resource that Movie Studio Zen is.

And by the way, I Love your art (in your About Me), Beautiful, Transcendent, Mandalaic and - I've seen the Tutankhamun mask in the flesh - WOW - and your colours in Angel Returns bought back that moment to me. Is there anywhere to see more in higher res?

Another affinity, I was a partner in two Mind Body shops in Birmingham, England - still in business - from 95 t0 2001 - called Zen.

Best Regards,

Pete Thorington

Replied by Holeintheday on topic Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Posted 24 Nov 2016 10:23 #18
Derek,

Yes, thank you very much for all your help! It is greatly appreciated.

I received those files as well but no serial number. I inquired about that and I was assured that it did not need a serial number to activate it.

I put together some 3D text sequences and did several test renderings and I do not see a watermark on the final render, so hopefully they are correct in saying that it does not need a serial number. I'm just hoping that it is not some "limited time trial" and will require a serial number after 30 days or so. Time will tell. If it does, I will be contacting them back and trying to figure something else out, but as of now it seems to have full functionality.

Thank you again Derek for all your help and thank you for the fabulous website!!!

All the best!!

Brandon Russell

Posted 24 Nov 2016 17:18 #19
Hi Pete and Brandon

I was a fly on the wall at the official Vegas Movie Studio Forum, and was following/reading all the replies that Magix sent you about this problem.

Both of you got caught up in a one off event, caused by Magix taking over ownership of the Vegas product line.
It's just a shame that Magix took so long to recognise that there was actually a problem, but at least they fixed it eventually.

They have definitely deactivated the need for using a Serial Number to activate the New Blue FX - this is highly unusual and has never been done before. I suspect this will be a one off event and will never happen again and was caused by the messy transfer of a Sony product to Magix.

It is a shame that the large collection of music files is also not included with with the Suite anymore. However, this obviously indicates that Sony did not sell this part of the product line to Magix. I suspect there were Copyright issues with selling music from Sony to Magix and were too expensive and complex to complete. In reality, Magix should have taken Vegas Movie Studio 13 Suite off the market and waited until they released their own version, using their own licensed music.

I would have full confidence in buying any future new products via download from Magix.
What happened here was a one off event.

Derek.
Last Edit:24 Nov 2016 17:18 by DoctorZen

Replied by ericlnz on topic Missing NewBlueFX 3D Titler

Posted 21 Dec 2016 18:47 #20
Sadly this problem doesn't appear to have been fixed by Magix as I've just run into it. Having just purchased Vegas MS13 Suite I am missing both New Blue and Boris. I've raised a ticket but with Christmas coming up I'm not hopeful.

Meantime I'm itching to get my hands on the Boris FX, especially Stabilise, so if anyone has a link they can share I'd be grateful.

Thanks
by ericlnz

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.845 seconds