VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

• Videome
  • Videome's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 67

Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time was created by Videome

Posted 09 Mar 2018 03:49 #1
I took the plunge to upgrade using the offer from Magix to Vegas Movie Studio (VMS) 15 Suite.

Everything has installed without, (as far as I can tell) issues.

My questions to the forum are as follows:-
Anyone else had any issues with the new version build 15.0.0.102?
If so, what are they and how have you resolved them?

My problem is loading VMS existing VMS 14 projects, they are taking an absolute age. A VMS 14 project that I recently edited took 10 minutes and 15 seconds to load. Project size is 465kb. I am currently waiting for another 4,569kb project that has been loading for over an hour and is still only at 75%.

Has anyone ever experienced this kind of problem?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you Malc
Last Edit:15 Mar 2018 23:19 by Videome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Umal on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 09 Mar 2018 05:28 #2
I have the same Problem. In Movie Studio 15 it takes more than 8min to load a Project, with Movie Studio 14 the same Project took 35sec.
I wrote to the Support in Germany an told them my problem. The first answer was : I should use the latest graphics driver and a SSD.
The use of a SSD reduced the loading time to 4min 30sec. I'm still in contact with the Support. If I have more Information, I'll let you know.
I think, that it will be a good idea that you contact the support too.
Thank Uwe
Last Edit:09 Mar 2018 11:51 by Umal

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 09 Mar 2018 05:33 #3
From the Magix Vegas dev team this comment so far.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Videome

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 09 Mar 2018 05:48 #4
Thank you VKMAST. I appreciate your fast response. I have raised a ticket with MAGIX. The project I was loading finally completed in 2 hours 40 minutes and 40 seconds. I must have missed the loading time on earlier versions, I probably, never needed to look for it on the time line, everything has always loaded so quickly.

Malc
by Videome

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 09 Mar 2018 11:50 #5
Thank you vkmast for posting link :)

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything officially about Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum/Suite myself yet.
[IMG

Yes there is definitely some major problems affecting the new version - all problems relate to general slowness for certain functions.
I am extremely disappointed and annoyed that this has happened - I really thought that Magix would have got their collective shit together for this important release. They must have used a bunch of monkeys on LSD to test the program before it was released, because anyone with half a brain would have noticed something was wrong. My guess is they just don't have enough software programmers working on Vegas and the team is too small and overworked.

Like everyone else, I have been posting messages about my experience on the official Vegas Forums and waiting/praying/hoping for an official response by Magix. A few days ago they finally acknowledged the "slowness" problem and claim they are working on an urgent patch/fix. I'm not holding my breath.

Here is the official response from Magix:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-movie-studio-15-general-discussion--110530/?page=5#ca683559

Here are some of the messages I have personally been leaving for Magix to read:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-movie-studio-15-general-discussion--110530/?page=1#ca683021
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-movie-studio-15-general-discussion--110530/?page=3#ca683229
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-movie-studio-15-general-discussion--110530/?page=5#ca683779

I was all ready to test the program and then write a detailed review and make a video.
Unfortunately I got stuck at the testing phase and haven't progressed passed that point.
I also am finding it difficult to review a program that has a major problem, in its' current non-working state.
I am waiting for the release of "the patch", to see if this will fix the problem with slowness.

More to come...

Regards
Derek
[IMG
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 Mar 2018 11:53 by DoctorZen

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 09 Mar 2018 20:35 #6
Thank you Derek, I have looked up those links and read many other posts from other frustrated users.
One person posted that their system loaded the same project faster a second time, I am not seeing that happen. A comparison with VMS 14 is a project that loads in 42 seconds in VMS 14 takes 10 mins and 15 seconds in VMS 15.

Two other items I have pick up on is:- 1) The welcome screen that offers to open recent or new projects does not appear at start up. 2) The control of the time line height has gone haywire. In VMS 14 you can normalise the timeline track height using CTRL+ grave ('). VMS 15 just minimises all tracks. When you attempt to adjust the height with '+' and '-' keys all you get is all tracks maximum or all tracks minimum. No gradual height change as before.

When all is said and done, its a mess for a full version release. So many items are messed up when you read your and other posts in the Vegas forum.

Regards Malc
by Videome

Replied by ericlnz on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 09 Mar 2018 21:05 #7
The Welcome screen has been ditched and with the time line height I have a recollection that VKMAST raised this in one of the posts on the Vegas forum.
by ericlnz

Posted 10 Mar 2018 00:05 #8
Personally, I seem to be having difficulties with restoring the default track height in MSP 15 b 102 after playing with heights as well. At the moment I have found it easiest to double-click the Zoom tool (lower right corner) to minimize all tracks and then use Ctrl+Shift+Up Arrow to increase height of all tracks to my liking. Zooming in and out track height (under the horizontal scroll bar when available on the right) gradually works for me though. Ctrl + ` (grave accent) has never really worked with my non-US KB settings in Vegas.
If the good Doc or anyone else knows a reliable way back to default heights, please advise.
by vkmast

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 10 Mar 2018 01:22 #9

If the good Doc or anyone else knows a reliable way back to default heights, please advise.

Has everyone remembered to look at my Keyboard Shortcuts Guide for Vegas Movie Studio ?
If you have lost it, login to MSZ and go to Support/Free eBook & Downloads
Look at the Magnification and View section.
www.moviestudiozen.com/support/free-downloads

CTRL + ` = Restore Track heights to default height

If you want to manually make ALL of the Track heights smaller or larger, do this:
Hold CTRL + Shift down, and also press Arrow Up to make larger or Arrow Down to make smaller .

The Welcome Screen has been removed.
It has been semi-replaced with the new Quick Start tabbed window.
You can turn this window on/off by going to View/Window/Quickstart

A list of your most recently saved projects can still be accessed at the bottom of the Project Menu.
If you reset the program, this will remove this recent projects list, but will rebuild as you re-open and re-save projects.

Nothing can be done about all the problems related to slowness, until Magix releases this urgent Patch/Build update.
I am literally speechless at this stage.
[IMG

When I was meditating today, I could see clearly what has probably happened.
1. Marketing department set a firm release date for VMS15
2. Software Development department had it's focus taken away, due to other major problems with latest Vegas Pro build version fiasco.
3. Development department probably said: we need to postpone the release of Vegas Movie Studio 15, because it is not ready and we are under-staffed here right now. Can we employ some more software engineers ?
4. Marketing probably said: that won't do, we're releasing it whether you like it or not. We're not spending any more on developers with experience. Make do with what you have got.
5. Development threw their hands in the air, went to the pub and predicted a disaster.
6. Marketing drank some biodynamic water from Tibet and went to bed with a warm feeling in their hearts.
7. Vegas Movie Studio 15 is released to the citizens of planet Earth - the most f#$*^ up planet in the Milky Way right now.
8. Customers proved developers correct.
9. Marketing reports to management that there is nothing to see here, only a few people are having problems, so it's going to be OK.
10. Everything is not OK, this could be the final straw for many people. Here come the requests for refunds...
11. How did a great program end up in this situation ?
12. Not enough money and resources were allocated to the Vegas project.

Conclusion: At least this latest cluster f#$@ has improved my sense of humour :idea:
I'm sure all the kinks will be ironed out, the day before version 16 is due for release.
But seriously, I really do hope this problem with the program is fixed 100% in lightning fast time, because if it was working correctly, it really does look like a decent program to use. I really want to see this program succeed, because of all the positives it still has.

[IMG
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:10 Mar 2018 01:45 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericlnz

Posted 10 Mar 2018 02:53 #10
Thanks Derek. As I said earlier, "CTRL + ` = Restore Track heights to default height" has not worked for me. With me it might be my non-US KB settings. I don't know what Videome, who reports having a similar issue, would have. The good old factory default settings trick works in MSP 15 for me though.
(The online Help, Keyboard Shortcuts is one of my closest acquaintances and Videome was also familiar with the shortcut mentioned.)
Last Edit:10 Mar 2018 03:01 by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.897 seconds