VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Replied by ericlnz on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 10 Mar 2018 21:57 #21
I'm continuing with MS14 Plat with current projects until Magix sort out the MS15 mess. I wonder if they actually have any testers outside of the Vegas team. With MS14 anybody who actually used the programme would have spotted that black high lighting of icons against a dark grey background was not a good idea plus text in places was difficult to read. Yet the programme was released and is still like this.
by ericlnz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Videome
  • Videome's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 67

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 10 Mar 2018 22:08 #22

vkmast wrote: True, but many of the early releases have been more or less problematic, if not quite so conspicuously as MS 15 Platinum b 102. For example, I did not install MS 14 Platinum until after build #122 came out, which was more than two months after the first build. The last builds (122 and 148) were significantly better than the previous ones.

Fair comment VKMAST. However, at the moment, VMS 15 Build 102 is unusable. It's a dead application which has cost me for no return. The context of the reply from the ticket from MAGIX gives no indication in the broadest sense as to when a fix may be forthcoming, just "a future update". I re-timed one of my projects in VMS 14, it loads and ready for use in 2 mins 4 secs. Compare this in VMS 15 to 2 hours and 40 minutes, crazy. I see it just as a waste on time and money for now.

Cheers Malc
by Videome

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 10 Mar 2018 22:16 #23

ericlnz wrote: I'm continuing with MS14 Plat with current projects until Magix sort out the MS15 mess. I wonder if they actually have any testers outside of the Vegas team.

I agree ericlnz. It seems unlikely that any genuine testing group outside the team were used. Many items would have been picked up if they had used a beta testing team. On the other hand, they may have used a traffic census team who are more used to counting vehicles passing by than actually looking.

Cheers Malc
by Videome

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 11 Mar 2018 04:40 #24
The latest comment from the Magix Vegas team on the topic.
by vkmast

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 11 Mar 2018 21:28 #25

vkmast wrote: from the Magix Vegas team on the topic.

MagixDerek wrote on 3/10/2018, 5:29 PM
We hope to have a Movie Studio with the fix for the identical UI slow down released in the very near future. And this update will also address the slow project and thumbnail loading as well.

Hi VKMAST, pretty much the same comment I got in the reply to the snag/fault report I got from MAGIX. "near future can have an exponential value", or time that has yet to come.
by Videome

Posted 11 Mar 2018 23:26 #26

DoctorZen wrote: --On Friday Magix released a new build version for Vegas Pro, that addresses slowness and crashes.
Most people who have applied the new update for VP15, seem to be reporting that the problem has been fixed :idea:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-15-update-4-build-321--110654/

I am hopeful that the same problem Vegas Pro 15 was suffering from, is closely related to the same problem Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum has been exposed to. If this is true, a similar update should be released soon for VMS15P - maybe as soon as this week coming. X fingers.

The corrective VPro 15 update 321 came out on 9 Mar, that's 17 days after the release of the unfortunate build 311. Derek posted the above comment on 10 Mar in this thread. As the latest comment from Magix that I linked to seems to confirm Derek's "hope" regarding the problems, I am inclined to agree with what he writes. Of course, we can only wait and see how exponential "near future" gets in this case. The VMS 15 Platinum initial build 102 was released on 26 Feb.

Note that some of us have learned not to start any new critical projects with a new version for some time after the release due to inevitable initial bugs. Some of the reasons for those bugs are credibly speculated on also in this thread. We might remember that Derek needed to delay publishing his review of VMS 14 line until Aug '17 for largely, if not exclusively, the same reasons as with this one. VMS 14 line was out in Feb '17. And I believe we all like to see how he feels about a new version, as his reviews are the most extensive, unbiased and reliable ones of the software there is. Most of the others tend to be modified press releases or too much influenced by commercial or other aspects.
Last Edit:11 Mar 2018 23:47 by vkmast

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 12 Mar 2018 01:19 #27

vkmast wrote: As the latest comment from Magix that I linked to seems to confirm Derek's "hope" regarding the problems, I am inclined to agree with what he writes.

Note that some of us have learned not to start any new critical projects with a new version for some time after the release due to inevitable initial bugs. Some of the reasons for those bugs are credibly speculated on also in this thread. We might remember that Derek needed to delay publishing his review of VMS 14 line until Aug '17 for largely, if not exclusively, the same reasons as with this one. VMS 14 line was out in Feb '17. And I believe we all like to see how he feels about a new version, as his reviews are the most extensive, unbiased and reliable ones of the software there is. Most of the others tend to be modified press releases or too much influenced by commercial or other aspects.

Like Derek, I hope for the same outcome. It just frustrates me that, as I had said before in so many words, a company like Magix, would overlook such a product defining error. Like many other users, I am frustrated. I showed my frustration by asking for a re-fund. Derek even declared his anger that they would let this kind of error slip through. I have always considered too, that reviews produced by Derek are totally unbiased and extremely informative.

I follow your logic about committing a critical project to a new build. Who would commit to such a foolhardy course of action. I get the sense, you may have a perceived notion that I will abandon the brand. I can assure you I will not. I have tired most of the other brands of NLE. This is the one I like the best, but in a usable state, not as it is at the moment. Supplementary to that statement, the other NLE brands do not have a community like this one which provides so much support. That has got to be down to Derek and his enthusiastic professional approach.

Cheers Malc
by Videome

Posted 12 Mar 2018 02:53 #28

Videome wrote: --- Like many other users, I am frustrated. I showed my frustration by asking for a re-fund. ---I get the sense, you may have a perceived notion that I will abandon the brand. I can assure you I will not.---Cheers Malc

I have nothing against asking refunds, if a user so wishes. Actually, on the Magix Vegas own forum I've recently given the necessary links for such a procedure to a few customers who did not have the time to "Search" themselves. Any user's decision to choose a brand is entirely his/her own and of that I don't have any kind of notion. I am not and never have been on the payroll of any NLE brand or a software company including Magix.
Last Edit:12 Mar 2018 02:57 by vkmast

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 12 Mar 2018 03:39 #29

vkmast wrote: I am not and never have been on the payroll of any NLE brand or a software company including Magix.

Hi VKMAST, My apologies, I did not mean to imply that you were on a payroll. I had just assumed you were a loyal follower of the product we are discussing. Like a team player you would not like to see another desert the team. We will see what transpires next week. I will keep this thread posted. Although any major patch or recovery build will soon become common knowledge. This topic affects many users.

Cheers Malc
by Videome

Posted 12 Mar 2018 03:56 #30
Videome, no apology necessary. We all want the same thing.
by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.955 seconds