VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Replied by dhblume on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 12 Mar 2018 05:44 #31
For a little more clarification, it is our hope at MAGIX to have the update released this week. We began final testing of it late last week. In regards to the project and thumbnail loading slow down, it was due to an internal preference default error, and nothing structurally wrong with the software. Movie Studio Platinum, though, does also suffer from the same user interface slowdown that VEGAS Pro has suffered from since the release of VP15. We recently released an update to VEGAS Pro which resolved that issue and that fix has also been put into this upcoming release of Movie Studio.
Last Edit:12 Mar 2018 13:18 by dhblume
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, vkmast, huskereurocat, ericlnz, Videome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 12 Mar 2018 18:41 #32

dhblume wrote: For a little more clarification, it is our hope at MAGIX to have the update released this week. We began final testing of it late last week. In regards to the project and thumbnail loading slow down, it was due to an internal preference default error, and nothing structurally wrong with the software. Movie Studio Platinum, though, does also suffer from the same user interface slowdown that VEGAS Pro has suffered from since the release of VP15. We recently released an update to VEGAS Pro which resolved that issue and that fix has also been put into this upcoming release of Movie Studio.

Thank you for posting this message from Magix here Derek :)
I'm looking forward to moving past the inauspicious birth of Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum, and putting some positive energy into all the positive things that make up VMS15P.

Cheers :)
Dr Zen (aka another Derek)
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Videome
  • Videome's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 67

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 15 Mar 2018 23:26 #33

We will see what transpires next week. I will keep this thread posted. Although any major patch or recovery build will soon become common knowledge. This topic affects many users.

Well, its almost the end of the week, no news of any patches or new builds as yet. Magix have refunded my payment, it lost a little in currency exchanges.

I would just like to share a frustrating experience gained from requesting a refund. Prior to the upgrade to Vegas Movie Studio (VMS) Platinum 15 Suite I had installed VMS14 Platinum Suite last year. I also owned Sound Forge 10.0 build 295 and DVD Architect 7.0 build 67. They were both included in the upgrade package to VMS15 Platinum Suite. Each had a higher build number than my originals when installed. Sound Forge 10 build 319 and DVD 7.0 build 84. After being notified by Magix that a refund was forthcoming, I asked if it was necessary to remove and re-install these two products as my account at Magix clearly showed I owned these products. I had an immediate reply insisting that I remove them and re-install them, and further I would get new serial numbers. I complied with the request to ensure I did not contravene any licencing.

Guess what, When I down loaded these two products again from my account at Magix, their build numbers were exactly as the upgrade builds SF10 build 319 and DVDA 7.0 as build 84. Yet prior to this exercise when I checked Magix site for build updates, there was none. Also, my registered serial numbers are both the same too. A bit of a waste of time all round.

I am optimistic, that Magix will resolve the current problems, just do not know when. However I will wait and watch this space for any news from the forum.
by Videome

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 17 Mar 2018 01:36 #34
The following comment regarding the update was just posted on the Magix Vegas Movie Studio forum.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-movie-studio-15-general-discussion--110530/?page=7#ca684505

Official Magix statement posted on 17th March 2018 says:
Our hope was to have the patch out this week, but we have discovered an issue with HEVC decoding (literally hours before we intended to post the update) that had to be addressed.

In reality, the performance problems in VMS are not a comparable to what was in VP15. While Movie Studio did have some of the same UI performance issues, the thumbnail and project loading issues were not related. We are rerunning the application through a final test cycle and the update should be very soon. The last thing we want right now is to post an update that is still unstable for our users.

Last Edit:17 Mar 2018 13:06 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Videome

The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Videome

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 23 Mar 2018 03:18 #36
Thank you VKMAST, I shall watch this space and see how our user community react to to this build. Its interesting that there is 10 build numbers that separate the two versions. I find this puzzling. Once again, you are on the ball. I intend to wait for a few weeks to see how our community receives this release.

Cheers Malc
by Videome

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 23 Mar 2018 03:49 #37

Videome wrote: ---It's interesting that there is 10 build numbers that separate the two versions. I find this puzzling.---

The initial MS 15 Platinum build was #102. If it's the missing numbers that you find puzzling, they are probably the dev team's interim builds that don't make the grade. This has always been the case with build numbers. And I don't think MS and MSP build numbers have ever been quite equal.
Last Edit:23 Mar 2018 04:14 by vkmast

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 23 Mar 2018 04:17 #38

vkmast wrote: The initial MS 15 Platinum build was #102. If it's the missing numbers that you find puzzling, they are probably the dev team's interim builds that don't make the grade. This has always been the case with build numbers.

No, I understand the interim numbering, that makes sense, this is what I mean in the post on the Vegas site:

You can download the new builds here:

VEGAS Movie Studio 15.0.0.106: rdir.magix.net/?page=5ISEF7FAPRSY

VEGAS Movie Studio 15.0.0.116 Platinum: rdir.magix.net/?page=JEQTRS1XVA4D

Why there is a difference between platinum and studio of 10 build numbers. Is it the bells and whistles in platinum that requires an additional build numbers. Surely, the bells and whistles (extra) should not need an additional 10 build numbers. I find that puzzling.

Cheers Malc
by Videome

Replied by dhblume on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 23 Mar 2018 04:59 #39
VEGAS Movie Studio and VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum are two entirely different products that have their own build numbers associated with them. The build numbers between the two products have not any relationship to each other.

As for the number of builds since the release, we typically do nightly builds of the product when development is in progress, so a jump of 14 builds between the original VMS Platinum release and the update is normal as we had worked on the update for about 2 weeks.

Anyway, we hope this update is significantly more stable than the original release. If significant issues occur, please fill out a support ticket on the VEGAS website so we can document the issues and help you out.
by dhblume
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, mmcswnavy24, vkmast, ericlnz, Videome, Umal

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.845 seconds