VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

• Videome
  • Videome's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 67

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 10 Mar 2018 03:23 #11
Hi VKMAST, UK keyboard setting for me. Yes I am aware of the help Derek supplied yonks ago. Its not working in VMS 15. Although later when I get released from her that should be obeyed project tweaks, I will try more tinkering to see what works.

Regards Malc
by Videome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 10 Mar 2018 08:23 #12
On my computer, I have always set my Keyboard to US style.
All the Keyboard Shortcuts I have shared here, work on my computer.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 10 Mar 2018 08:37 #13
CTRL + ~ Restores Track heights to default height, not CTRL + ` on my English (New Zealand) US Keyboard. Is there a typo here "~" or "`" ?
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 10 Mar 2018 09:07 #14

CTRL + ~ Restores Track heights to default height, not CTRL + ` on my English (New Zealand) US Keyboard. Is there a typo here "~" or "`" ?

There is no typo.
~ is the tilde key - there is no mention of the ~ tilde key in the official keyboard shortcuts list, published inside Vegas programs.
` grave accent is the correct key.

The ~ tilde key is typed by holding Shift down and pressing ` grave accent, which is the primary key.
The same as 3 is a primary key, and holding Shift down and 3 produces #

I believe that on some keyboards (especially some laptops), the ` grave accent and ~ tilde keys can be reversed.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:10 Mar 2018 09:07 by DoctorZen

Replied by ericlnz on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 10 Mar 2018 09:19 #15
Thanks for clarification Derek. You are correct of course. I was confusing upper and lower characters. Anyway to confirm it works for me, as it does for you.
by ericlnz

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 10 Mar 2018 19:50 #16

When I was meditating today, I could see clearly what has probably happened.
1. Marketing department set a firm release date for VMS15
2. Software Development department had it's focus taken away, due to other major problems with latest Vegas Pro build version fiasco. etc, etc

Hi Derek,

That's hilarious, typical of a marketing CU. You are most probably quite correct in your sequencing of events. Who in their right minds would release such a mess from a supposedly market prominent company. Someone should get toasted over this fiasco. Bearing in mind how smooth the previous product owners managed releases between version 6 and 13, Magix track record is not looking good. Two releases, both fraught with big problems.

Cheers Malc
by Videome

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 10 Mar 2018 20:11 #17

DoctorZen wrote: On my computer, I have always set my Keyboard to US style.
All the Keyboard Shortcuts I have shared here, work on my computer.

Hi Derek,
Unfortunately, I cannot work with a keyboard set up as US. I am UK based and using a UK style keyboard. Setting it to US standard creates more problems with other applications. For example currency symbols and the " (speech marks) get crossed with the @ symbol, the tilde waltzes of somewhere to where I forget. Other keys mess up if I recall correctly like the '|' (vertical bar) and the '~'(tilde).

What I did a couple of days ago was accidentally use the apostrophe key with the Ctrl as Ctrl+', that messed me up as you most likely know, it maximises a single track and you lose control of Ctrl+Shift with the up and down arrows to alter track height. Tap the apostrophe key again restores the situation. Allowing a toggle action using the apostrophe key on its own to toggle between all minimise and restore to track heights as you left them.

Cheers Malc
by Videome

Posted 10 Mar 2018 20:44 #18
@Videome

On Friday Magix released a new build version for Vegas Pro, that addresses slowness and crashes.
Most people who have applied the new update for VP15, seem to be reporting that the problem has been fixed :idea:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-15-update-4-build-321--110654/

I am hopeful that the same problem Vegas Pro 15 was suffering from, is closely related to the same problem Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum has been exposed to. If this is true, a similar update should be released soon for VMS15P - maybe as soon as this week coming. X fingers.

An advantage of Vegas Pro, is that you can create your own Keyboard Shortcuts.

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 10 Mar 2018 21:01 #19

DoctorZen wrote: @Videome

On Friday Magix released a new build version for Vegas Pro, that addresses slowness and crashes.
Most people who have applied the new update for VP15, seem to be reporting that the problem has been fixed :idea:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-15-update-4-build-321--110654/

I am hopeful that the same problem Vegas Pro 15 was suffering from, is closely related to the same problem Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum has been exposed to. If this is true, a similar update should be released soon for VMS15P - maybe as soon as this week coming. X fingers.

An advantage of Vegas Pro, is that you can create your own Keyboard Shortcuts.

Hi Derek,

Thank you for that information, I got this today from MAGIX
"Thank you for your message.

This is a known issue which will be resolved in a future application update. Thank you for reporting this issue.
--
Best regards,
Eric Dettman"

I have said in reply, its not acceptable, I want a refund. I'll see what transpires.

Cheers Malc
by Videome

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Movie Studio 15 Abysmal Project loading time

Posted 10 Mar 2018 21:52 #20

Videome wrote: --I have said in reply, its not acceptable, I want a refund. I'll see what transpires.--

True, but many of the early releases have been more or less problematic, if not quite so conspicuously as MS 15 Platinum b 102. For example, I did not install MS 14 Platinum until after build #122 came out, which was more than two months after the first build. The last builds (122 and 148) were significantly better than the previous ones.
by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.918 seconds