VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Serial number for NewBlueFX Transitions 5 Ultimate for Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16

OK, this is getting terribly confusing.
We need to slow down a bit, because there are many moving parts to your problem.
You have posted 2 different forum messages that are actually related to each other.

Other problem here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/2222-vegas-movie-studio-16-stops-loading-when-creating-windows#11253

I'm going to say this for the last time
Forget about what the NewBlueFX Manager says for right now !!!
I know from personal experience, that when you have multiple versions of the similar/same NBFX products installed on the SAME COMPUTER, it can cause confusion.

The true test to know if everything is actually working, is inside of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16.
Using the NBFX in Vegas will help activate the product !
At the moment, you are reporting that you can't get Vegas open !
If you can't open Vegas, you may not be able to activate the product.
It is a higher priority to get Vegas opening and working before you worry about NBFX.

I have sent an email to my contact at Magix, to get clarification about the included NBFX for Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16.
As soon as I get a reply, I will report back here for you.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericlnz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just to add to the confusion the Version number for the Transition 5 Ultimate is different in the NB App Manager to that shown in VMS15 Plat DLM!

Personally I've come to the conclusion that unless you have specific need for a specific FX or transition the TP FX that come 'free" with video editors are best avoided. They cause frequent problems with starting and with differing from editor version to version etc. If you need something special go to the manufacturers site and purchase there and not be restricted to which programme or version you can use it. Plus with Vegas Pro and MS versions being updated annually you can end up with a pc full of FX! I've purged most of mine as I rarely used them. If possible I try to customise a Vegas FX on the basis that it will still be there in the next version. If not then hopefully it's still there as a legacy item and can be brought to life with the Preferences Internal tab.
by ericlnz

Just to add to the confusion the Version number for the Transition 5 Ultimate is different in the NB App Manager to that shown in VMS15 Plat DLM!

This may have something to do with other NBFX products that are already installed on the same computer!
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/2222-vegas-movie-studio-16-stops-loading-when-creating-windows#11267

I'm waiting on further info to find out what it exactly going on.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

According to the Product Comparison table on the VMS 16 product pages, these are the included NBFX

I have
NewBlue Transitions 5 Ultimate (65 plugins)
NewBlue Cartoonr Plus (under NB Stylizers)
NewBlue Essentials 5 V3 (9 FX)
NewBlue Chroma Key Pro (under NB Elements)
NewBlue Titler Pro 7 Express (under NB Titler Pro 7)
with packs:
Cinema Collection
Fluid Motion Pack
Kinetic Collection Pack
Lower 3rds
Main Titles
Motion Bugs
Last Edit:14 Feb 2020 10:17 by vkmast
Attachments:

Thanks Doc! Here's the next logical question, The menus on MS 16 don't have the fx "trees" any longer. Just the icons for each effect.
How do we know if we got all that we were supposed to besides counting? Used to have folders with third party IDs included.

HawaiianEye wrote: Thanks Doc! Here's the next logical question, The menus on MS 16 don't have the fx "trees" any longer. Just the icons for each effect.
How do we know if we got all that we were supposed to besides counting? Used to have folders with third party IDs included.

If I can get off the forum and concentrate on writing some reviews, I will be able to share what I have learnt. So far today I haven't written a single word, except for on the forum here. I think I will have to leave the forum for a few weeks to get some articles written.

The removal of Folder View for Transitions, Video Effects and Media Generators in VMSP16 is BIG negative for me.
I have already spoke to Magix about this directly and told them I think it is a terrible idea that they removed Folder view.
Basically the developers have said they did this to make it easier for beginners to learn the program - I completely disagree with this, because I think it has actually made it more difficult for beginners to learn now. Apparently they are working on an alternate solution, that will be added to the program via updates over the next 12 months.

The only way to know what you have installed, is to refer to the NewBlueFX website and check off what is in each pack.
That is why I already provided you with a link to NBFX Transitions 5 Ultimate here:
Included Transitions are listed here:
www.newbluefx.com/products/transitions/transitions-ultimate/
Last Edit:08 Mar 2019 15:51 by DoctorZen

OK Derek, there is no need to answer this, unless you feel compelled! You have spent lots of time on this, for a few days!
I'm just reporting what I investigated. Driven by your troubleshooting.
This is for everybody who is wondering, and investigating.
note; This is for the Suite, which contains a few more items, than Platinum.
This is from the NewBlue Supreme Package, and the normal New MS 16 additions!
1.) I found all 37 transitions listed in NewBlueFX Transitions 5 among the 93 total transitions included. So, 56 more than the special deal.
2.) Titler Pro 7 express had a bunch of normal stuff, and included Suite extras: "Cinema Collection Template Pack", and "Fluid Template Pack".
3.) Under the "hard to get used to" Video FX tab, (Not organized with folder trees, but alphabetical ordered FX icons **)…
I found some other "Suite add ons": Chroma Key Pro, and Cartooner Plus, Essentials 5 Volume 3, which is so scattered about, it was hard to find them.
I did find; Edge Smoother, and Skin Touchup.
4.) Where is Motion Tracking? I'm dumb! Can't find! Bezier Masking is there.
5.) Derek, I loaded a video and used transition 3D Blow apart, it looked good, and there was no watermark. I didn't render though.
**Finally, it's interesting that if you click the fx track icon, or the video clip fx icon, the FX ARE catalogued in the much familiar and beloved organization folders tree! Yay!
This is Reporter Coe, in Maui Hawaii signing off @ 5 min to midnight.

@HawaiianEye,
your findings are very much in line with what I have found after installing the NewBlue add-ons of Movie Studio 16 Suite. See my post #14 in this very thread.

See also the product pages www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-movie-studio/?_oB=movie-studio-suite (for videos on Motion tracking as well).
This time, they seem rather accurate and informative.

The new "Simplified FX, Transitions and Media Generators windows" feature was an unfortunate decision by the devs and as DoctorZen wrote, they have promised to consider rethinking this.

While waiting for the tutorials from DoctorZen, you might check e.g. Magix Vegas's own recent tutorials here www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-movie-studio-tutorials/
Last Edit:14 Feb 2020 10:21 by vkmast

Thanks vkmast!! I agree and appreciate the links! Aloha!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.852 seconds