VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved FX effects missing. Movie Studio Platinum 16 / SUITE

Replied by jeanguybreton on topic FX effects missing. Movie Studio Platinum 16 / SUITE

Posted 14 Sep 2019 11:32 #21
Message en Français :

J'ai encore tout suivit, mais sans de résultat positif. Quand j'arrive à l'étape 4, template, je n'ai aucune offre pour cineform 1920x1080-30pm 4.2.2 Hight.

Voire la première capture d'écran et la seconde.

Meme dans le format final, je n'ai pas l'étoile rose avec cineform.

Message in english:

I still followed everything, but without a positive result. When I get to step 4, template, I have no offer for cineform 1920x1080-30pm 4.2.2 Hight.

See the first screenshot and the second screenshot.

Even in the final format, I do not have the pink star with cineform.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by jeanguybreton on topic FX effects missing. Movie Studio Platinum 16 / SUITE

Posted 14 Sep 2019 11:44 #22
Voici mes 4 étapes en capture d'écran.
Last Edit:15 Sep 2019 12:19 by jeanguybreton

Replied by DoctorZen on topic FX effects missing. Movie Studio Platinum 16 / SUITE

Posted 14 Sep 2019 11:49 #23

jeanguybreton wrote: I still followed everything, but without a positive result. When I get to step 4, template, I have no offer for cineform 1920x1080-30pm 4.2.2 High

You are not reading and understanding the instructions correctly!
It must be getting lost in translation.

There is no Template that says "Cineform 1920x1080-30p 4.2.2 High"
You have to enter the words "Cineform 1920x1080-30p 4.2.2 High" and press SAVE button,
then the new template will show in the template list.

In all the previous STEPS, I showed very clearly HOW TO CREATE THIS TEMPLATE

This is what I said in the article...

Step 4 - Naming and Saving your New Custom Template
Just like any other rendering template, you may like to Name and Save a new Custom Cineform template. Then next time you want to render a video to Cineform, you can simply select your saved Template from the Render As window and start rendering, without having to go deep into the settings.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:14 Sep 2019 11:58 by DoctorZen

Posted 14 Sep 2019 11:56 #24
Oups ! lol

Merci beaucoup pour votre patience :)

Attachments:

Posted 14 Sep 2019 20:14 #25
HAVE NOW A BIG PROBLEME

Je n'ai aucune image, dans mon compte rendu, que du son.
Error message :

Missing codec. Encoded in a format that is not supported.

Last Edit:14 Sep 2019 20:16 by jeanguybreton

Replied by DoctorZen on topic FX effects missing. Movie Studio Platinum 16 / SUITE

Posted 14 Sep 2019 20:36 #26
What type of video format/codec are you trying to play ?

I will assume you are trying to play the video you rendered with Vegas, using the Cineform Codec.
Is this correct ?

Videos rendered with Cineform Codec are only meant to be used inside of Vegas for editing - not for making a final video of your project.
The whole point of rendering a video to Cineform, is to make the playback smoother in the Preview Window while you are editing.
Don't render your final project to Cineform.
You should be rendering to MAGIX AVC .mp4 to make your final video.

The basic Video Player in Windows 10 only supports a small range of video codecs.
It does not support playback of Cineform videos.

You can play back Cineform videos in VLC Media Player or Cyberlink Power DVD.
VLC Media Player is a free program.
www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Or you can buy Cyberlink Power DVD.
www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra

After you install a better Video Player, right-click the video you want to play and select Open With
Then select the player you want to use.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:14 Sep 2019 20:38 by DoctorZen

Posted 14 Sep 2019 21:10 #27
Bien, si c'est pour une meilleur lecture durant mon travail. bien, ça ne marche pas non plus. En mode "AUTO" c'est embrouillé.

Attachments:

Posted 14 Sep 2019 21:13 #28
Si je fais "Mode Complet" bien, c'est ok. Au final, j'ai toujours le même problème hihihihi
Last Edit:14 Sep 2019 21:13 by jeanguybreton

Posted 14 Sep 2019 21:48 #29
I hope the end is in sight soon, because I can't spend much more of my time with you, considering I'm doing this for free.
I do have my own work and life to attend to.

Please don't upload anymore screen shots - it's not necessary.

Now I can finally see why you are having so many problems with Pixelation in the Preview Window.

1. I wish you had told me at the very beginning, you were working with 4K video (3840x2160) recorded at 60 frames per second !
This is the largest video file type you can edit with in Vegas.
4K video needs at least 4x times more processing power to decode and encode, compared to 1080p at 30 fps.
I assumed you were working with 1080p 30fps video, because that is the settings you are using in the Preview Window.
To edit 4K video smoothly, you really need to be using a very powerful 8x Core CPU and a very good graphics card.

2. Another reason why you are experiencing problems in the preview window, is because your Project Properties do not match your source video properties.

3. I am guessing your video was shot with a Mobile phone as well ?
Many mobile phones record using a Variable Frame Rate, which does not work very well in Video Editing programs.
Video Editing programs only work with Constant Frame Rate video.
What this means is that Vegas and your CPU, has to do a lot more work to convert the video in real time while you are editing.
I normally recommend people using Variable Frame Rate video, should convert their video into Constant Frame Rate video, using a program called Handbrake. Then import the converted video into Vegas.

I have a tutorial on how to use Handbrake here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/miscellaneous-help-tutorials/595-handbrake-v1-1-1-beginners-guide-for-best-video-export-settings

4. I recommend you watch my beginners guide for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 here.
Yes this is an older version, but it will teach you how to start a new project correctly, so that your Project Properties are set correctly at the beginning of a project.
Doing this will make editing work more smoothly.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/584-beginners-guide-vegas-movie-studio-14-platinum

I will be releasing a NEW beginners guide tutorial for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 very soon!

5. All the problems you have been experiencing can all be explained.
There is no problem with Vegas.
The actual problem has been caused by many different problems all combined together.
You are attempting to do something which is more advanced and not at a beginners level, which has added to your frustration.

If you watch my newer tutorials, I have added English subtitles to the YouTube videos.
You can change the settings in the YouTube video player to automatically convert English into French, so that you can understand more clearly what I am teaching.

I need a break from answering your messages on the forum now, until next week.
I need time off for the rest of the weekend.

Regards
Derek.

Your Project Properties should be set to this, if you want to create a 4K video project.
When it is time to render (export) your project, you can render to the same 4K settings or render to 1080p at 60fps.

Last Edit:14 Sep 2019 21:53 by DoctorZen

Posted 15 Sep 2019 12:26 #30
I'm sorry to create more confusion...
I should have waited until Monday before sending any new messages, because I am extremely tired and worn out from the last 7 days.

I have been answering many different questions from many different people on the MSZ Forum, YouTube and Facebook at the same time.
A different person who has a similar problem to yourself, messaged me at the same time and I got the two of you mixed up.
The other person is using Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12, which is why I said to upgrade.

I have deleted the message that makes no sense and your reply.
My apologies for the confusion.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.977 seconds