VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Blurry Video

Blurry Video was created by Buzzliteyear

Posted 07 Jun 2016 09:11 #1
Hi Derek,
I hope you are well......I was hoping to ask you a couple of
question if you had time to reply that would be cool

I purchased Sony Movie Studio 13 and a CJCam
M10+ that can shoot at 2k 30fps

I enjoy model flying and was wanting to record some flights

my latest video was 1080 60 fps 1.32 gb @ 9.55 minutes

the little camera works great but watching it on youtube or close to the
ground looks shitty to me, if I look at the low flying at around 5 minute
mark onwards the grass is very blurry

Is there a way I can fix this ? I know youtube only renders at 30fps? is this
my problem and not the resolution im shooting at ?

Thanks for the great videos you have shared with us they have help me alot

Regards
Brett Flavell
NZ
Last Edit:07 Jun 2016 12:10 by Buzzliteyear
The following user(s) said Thank You: peter-radio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Blurry Video

Posted 07 Jun 2016 12:09 #2
Hi Brett

Thanks for copying your message into the forum.

YouTube does now support high frame rate video like 48fps, 50fps and 60fps.

Is your version of Movie Studio "Movie Studio 13" or "Movie Studio Platinum 13" ?
You really need the Platinum version, because only it allows full customisation of all your render/export settings.
The basic version is way too limited.
If you don't have Platinum, download the free trial and test it out.
If you don't like the idea of upgrading immediately, version 14 of Movie Studio Platinum should be coming out in Australia/New Zealand Spring.

If you do actually own the Platinum version, please read & watch this tutorial now.
How to Render 50p & 60p Video using Sony Movie Studio Platinum

Fast moving subjects in video are the most difficult to encode smoothly.
Added on top of that, green grass and leaves in trees require a really high bit rate to look half decent.

Make sure to always record at 1080-60p when videoing fast moving subjects and use the exact same settings when your render/export in Movie Studio.
The tutorial explains all of this.

Please report back.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:07 Jun 2016 12:10 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buzzliteyear

Replied by Buzzliteyear on topic Blurry Video

Posted 07 Jun 2016 20:57 #3
thanks for the reply Derek,
Yes I purchased Movie Studio Platinum 13
I Am rendering with the same setting in your attached video and will post results later

On a side note
I remember in one of your old videos After I purchased Movie Studio Platinum 13 that the menu was not custom-able......and that's a Real
pain as the bottom Split buttons could be beside the "Make Movie" buttons that way i could have a larger preview window with out having to move the preview
window around the screen floating while editing so I can see what Im doing better

Or will 14 have this option ? and if so can i upgrade i only purchased Movie Studio Platinum 13 six months ago? be worth it just to do this

Cheers For your help
will link results later
Brett

Posted 07 Jun 2016 22:19 #4
In case you are not aware, Sony recently sold most of it's software to German software company Magix.com
There is a forum thread here with lots of good information.
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/vegas-pro/953-magix-software-has-acquired-sony-creative-software

I do not work for Magix, so am not privy to what the new versions will look like.
The CEO of Magix has welcomed all current Sony software users to let them know what features they want to see in new releases.
There is a forum on the Magix website that has been created for this purpose.

Some of the User Interface changes that happened to V13 were universally disliked by just about everyone, including myself.
I would guess that some of the stupid changes that dumbed down the user experience, will be repaired in the new version.
I have downloaded some trial versions of Magix editing software and they do look like they know what they are doing.

Magix has also indicated that they are trying to make the transition from Sony to Magix as smooth as possible.
What happens next is anyone's guess. However I am quietly confident that everything is heading in the right direction and the next release will be worth it.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:07 Jun 2016 22:23 by DoctorZen

Posted 08 Jun 2016 20:16 #5
Ok so I render again and to me it seemed no better, So I uploaded a raw part of the clip to you tube and It became shitty agian

this is a link to the same video but just a snip-it of it from the raw video

it looks like shit at my end even in 1080p but my connection is so slow it cant play for more the 5 seconds without stopping and even if i wait
for it to download it jerky , but that shouldn't matter, the video is ok raw on my PC

below is screen shots of what I see on you tube in 1080p at 16 seconds and what it looks like on my PC for comparison

Cheers again
Brett
Attachments:

Posted 08 Jun 2016 21:29 #6
Hi Brett

So you have discovered another part of the puzzle, which everyone of YouTube is exposed to equally.
All videos that are uploaded to YT, get re-compressed.

I need to know more about the properties of your original video clip.
I suspect your camera is only recording at a low bit rate, compared to a GoPro camera.
I have no knowledge of the camera you are using, so I don't know what settings are available to you.
Please make sure it is recording at the Maximum Bit Rate available.

Download this app mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows
Select first installer.
When you install, just start with default settings.
Open app and go to File/Open/File, then select video.
Take a screen shot of the results and upload to the forum.

Posted 09 Jun 2016 06:59 #7
The picture on the right is the true raw video and on the left is a cut piece from it as the sample
I uploaded to YT but still not rendered

Bit rate was also measure by this guy second post

dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sjcam-m10-plus-2k-action-camera-owners-thread.14185/page-2

More of the Camera Specs and features

sjcamhd.com/sjcam-m10-plus/

Last Edit:09 Jun 2016 07:02 by Buzzliteyear
Attachments:

Posted 09 Jun 2016 14:53 #8
Hi Brett

Thanks for the media info. :cheer:
There is nothing wrong with the video coming out of your camera.
The Bit Rate looks good, because it is 23.9 Mbps and the Profile is 5.1

As I said in my first reply to you, encoding fine detail with infinite shades of green, is very difficult for H.264 codec to handle, due to the nature of the algorithm. The only thing that really makes this better, is recording with a much higher Pro Level format and Bit Rate. That's why Sony now uses the Sony XAVC S codec in their range of Action Cams. XAVC S records at 50 Mbps, which is the minimum bit rate that TV stations accept.

What YouTube does to all uploads is out of our control. If you upload to Vimeo instead, you should see an improvement, because Vimeo uses a different algorithm that is more generous. That's why all the Pros hang out on Vimeo and not YouTube.

Here are my final solutions:
1. Low flying and fast moving drone shots over fields of grass are never going to look OK with your current camera.
Take the drone up in altitude a bit more, which should slow down the speed of data rate changes.

2. In Movie Studio, try customising your render output template to the exact same settings in this screen shot.
Set Profile = High
Make sure Frame Rate = 60.0000
Turn on the De-Blocking filter - this is at the heart of your problem, because what you are seeing is "blocking/pixelation", due to too much fast moving subject/data, which can't be encoded within Bit Rates below a certain value.
Turn on Two-Pass rendering - this doubles the render time and is meant to create more detailed render, however in reality in barely makes any difference for most people, however it is worth a try.
Set Maximum Bit Rate = 50,000,000 - this will give you another 30 Mbps to encode fast moving areas of video.
Set Average Bit Rate = 20,000,000

The Encode Mode you select is up to you and your computer.
If you have a decent Graphics Card, use CUDA for Nvida and OpenCL for AMD Radeon.

Last Edit:09 Jun 2016 14:56 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buzzliteyear

Posted 09 Jun 2016 18:33 #9
Great Stuff Derek thanks for your input

forgot the tell you my system

i7 2600s 2.8Ghz
8Gb memory
Nvidia K620 2 gb (cuda)
W7 64Bit

cpu works hard out 98% and using cuda doesnt seem to speed things up

that camera has 720 120fps

would the 720 recording help my rending time if im going to bump up Maximum Bit Rate = 50,000,000 ? as the 720 seems larger enough
to me what do you think

cheers again
Brett

Posted 09 Jun 2016 18:46 #10
Now I am confused.

that camera has 720 120fps

Unless I missed something, you didn't say anything about 720p 120fps before ?
I thought you were recording at 1920x1080-60p ?

Are you talking about a different camera now or setting the same camera to 1280x720-120fps instead of 1920x1080-60p ?

120 fps should only be used if you intend to add Slow Motion effects in Movie Studio.
Slowing down to 60 fps or 30 fps for super smooth slow motion.

The settings in my screen shot were precisely for 1920x1080-60p.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.387 seconds