VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Loved Magix Vegas Pro 16

• Eagle Six
  • Eagle Six's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Check Your Six!
  • Thank you received: 567

Magix Vegas Pro 16 was created by Eagle Six

Posted 27 Aug 2018 10:25 #1
Things I will most likely use a lot:
- Dynamic storyboard
- Resizable media thumbnails
- Project media hover scrub
- Project media in/out points
- Select events from cursor
- HDR Support

I may occasionally use:
- Motion Tracking
- Video Stabilization

It will be a week or two before the next project to test version 16 out, but it is downloaded, installed and activiated.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:12 Sep 2018 16:47 by Eagle Six

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eagle Six
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Check Your Six!

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Magix Vegas Pro 16

Posted 27 Aug 2018 11:10 #2
The 'Project media hover scrub' and 'Project media in/out points' is pretty slick. It will not replace the trimmer window for those who really use it a lot, but for me it may mean very seldom going to the trimmer window.
Best Regards......George

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by BobH on topic Magix Vegas Pro 16

Posted 27 Aug 2018 22:12 #3
Hi there,
I new VP16 was due by the end of August but did not realise it was available yet. Usually when I open VP15 I get a message if there are any upgrade offers.
I see the upgrade price is £149, is this the same for everyone out there? Also in peoples opinions is it worth upgrading, what new features are really worth the money?
I see a free trial is available so has anyone had a serious look at VP16.
Thanks and best wishes to all out there.
by BobH

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Magix Vegas Pro 16

Posted 27 Aug 2018 23:39 #4

BobH wrote: Hi there,
I new VP16 was due by the end of August but did not realise it was available yet. Usually when I open VP15 I get a message if there are any upgrade offers.
I see the upgrade price is £149, is this the same for everyone out there? Also in peoples opinions is it worth upgrading, what new features are really worth the money?
Thanks and best wishes to all out there.

The upgrade price is the same for everyone.

Vegas Pro 16 has literally only been released for 6 hours as of now.
I won't be rushing into making any verdicts, before thoroughly testing all of the new features.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Eagle Six
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Check Your Six!

Posted 28 Aug 2018 00:36 #5
Hi Bob,

As Derek has replied, ver 16 was introduced yesterday and it will be a while before anyone has a "serious look". Messing around with it for about an hour, I think there is enough in ver 16 to make it worth my while, others will get different mileage. The 'Ctrl'+mouse wheel resizing of the thumbnail size in the 'Project Media' bin, along the the hover scrub and In/Out trimming within the Project Media bin, for me may be well worth the upgrade price alone without the other upgrade features. It doesn't seem like that big of a feature until I used it.

On many of my scenes, I run multiple cameras. After sync'ing the audio, these cameras run during the direction of the take and therefore there is a lot of trash footage before and after the main action. Using the hover scrub in the Project Media bin was quick and easy for me to trim off the lead and tail junk footage and then snap it onto the timeline track. For me this is a huge time saver. For others, it may only be a gimmick they have no use for and can easily live without. For those folks, this feature can be turned off.

During that short hour I spent, I did hit a strange blank out of the a clip in the Project Media bin when I was messing around with the Vegas Stabilizer and the Hover Scrub In/Out trim, and learned the Stabilizer should be run first then use the Hover Scrub. The Stabilizer worked pretty good using one of the presets, but the black border removal seem a bit aggressive.

I did read on the Vegas Creative Software forum a short problem one user ran into with losing older version of Boris when he installed the free Boris FX included with ver 16. Seems it whipped out the old Boris he was using with ver 13. I haven't installed the free add-on Boris FX included with ver 16 as yet, so I have no idea if that is across the board or just something isolated with his install.

However, I had no problems or issues during the download or installation. It was simple and quick to copy over my scrip files and rebuild the customized tool bar I use for Frame-Serving to Handbrake. I normally do not jump on a new release this quick and would advise others to hold for at least a few days or weeks to allow Dr. Zen to have an opportunity to give his review and for others that jump quick to work out the kinks. There always seem to be a few problems with an initial release build, some are universal and some seem only localized.

Thanks and best wishes to all out there.[/quote]
Best Regards......George

Replied by den24601 on topic Magix Vegas Pro 16

Posted 28 Aug 2018 00:41 #6
Is it true that Magix dropped "New Blue Titler Pro" from this version? I have it in VP15.

Dennis

• Eagle Six
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Check Your Six!

Posted 28 Aug 2018 01:06 #7
Hi Dennis,

In the comparison chart of Vegas Pro 16 comparing VP16 Edit, VP16, and VP16 Suite, it shows that the NewBlueFX Titler Pro 5 is included with Vegas Pro 16 Suite. Not sure if that helps.
Best Regards......George

Replied by den24601 on topic Magix Vegas Pro 16

Posted 28 Aug 2018 01:29 #8
Thanks, George! I was looking at the features in the left margin and didn't look under the title. Yes, it is listed. Looks like the same add-ons as VP15's suite.
Regard,
Dennis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Magix Vegas Pro 16

Posted 28 Aug 2018 01:38 #9

Eagle Six wrote: Hi Dennis,
In the comparison chart of Vegas Pro 16 comparing VP16 Edit, VP16, and VP16 Suite, it shows that the NewBlueFX Titler Pro 5 is included with Vegas Pro 16 Suite. Not sure if that helps.

I see no mention of New Blue FX Titler Pro 5 at all !
Can you please upload a screen shot showing where this is mentioned ?
Also send a page URL link.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Eagle Six
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Check Your Six!

Posted 28 Aug 2018 02:25 #10
This is the URL that I looked at earlier today: www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/upgrade-vegas-pro/product-comparison/#productMenu

However, now when I look to get this link, you are correct, the listing of the NewBlueFX Titler Pro 5 is no longer there!! It also appears that they have updated that page because I'm pretty sure earlier it didn't have all the 'NEW' tag on it as it does now. I think Dennis also seen it, can you confirm Dennis? Strange! It sure isn't there now.

Interesting, I went back to get a screenshot of some of the changes in the page I thought they updated, refreshed the page and bingo, it is now back!!!!

Just before I'm pressing the Submit button for this post I again refreshed that page and it disappeared. Refreshed it yet again and it was back!!! I have no idea what is going on?!?!
Best Regards......George

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.833 seconds