Learn short cuts and how to start editing with Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 video editing software.
This is the perfect first tutorial to watch, if you have just purchased Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 and are officially feeling overwhelmed and freaking out quite a lot ! In this tutorial I teach you how to use all the most common editing tools and functions in the program. I also explain the full workflow for making a project from the very beginning, right to the end.
This is one of those tutorials where it is far better to simply watch the video than read confusing explanations, so make a cup of tea or crack open some beers and enjoy this lengthy jam packed video tutorial.
Topics Covered in this Tutorial
- How to Set Project Properties
- How to Match Media Settings
- How to Import Media
- How to Split, Cut and Delete Video
- How to Copy and Paste
- How to control Video Levels
- How to change Audio Volume Levels
- How to create a Transition
- How to Fade In/Out Video and Audio
- How to set the Preview Window
- How to set the Movie Studio Preferences for GPU Acceleration
- How to add more Video and Audio Tracks
- How to Render Video and Make Movies
Which Video Region do you live in ?
You need to tell Movie Studio which region you live in or what type of camera you use. There are three main video systems being used on Planet Earth - NTSC, PAL and SECAM. If you are un-sure as to which system your country/region uses, then please refer to this excellent map on Wikipedia.
Please note that if you are in a SECAM country, you can also use the PAL System. So always choose PAL in Movie Studio settings.
How to Render 1080p HD Video in Movie Studio Platinum 13
Review of Sony Movie Studio Suite 13
Review of Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13
About Derek Moran
Derek Moran is the author of all articles on Movie Studio Zen.
You can find me on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Read more about Derek...