VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new or existing

• Videome
  • Videome's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 67

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 07 Mar 2017 00:40 #51

descondon wrote: So I created the video portion in VMSP 14, rendered, then imported to Hit Film 4 Express, added effects and a basic title and I must say it is not too bad. and it was all FREE.

Thank you Descondon. The likely outcome here is I was too hasty. I did not do as you did and import a rendered VMS_14 clip. I looked at what I had downloaded and thought, OK, what does this give me? Not a lot was my impression. It just looked like an empty shell, hence my visit to their website to discover what I must have mistakenly thought to be the requirement to part with cash to fill the empty shell with tools.

I need to re-appraise the product and be a little more forgiving of the empty shell. Thank you for describing how you approached your trial. I would most likely fail 'Mensa' tests!

I'll have to download it again as I notice that I cleared my stock of downloaded 'Hit Film' products.
by Videome
The following user(s) said Thank You: descondon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by NJGUY on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 07 Mar 2017 01:34 #52
Oh thats ok don't worry.. I just went into Hitfilm and messed around with Boris Continuum Complete.. Not bad looks real nice...
Last Edit:09 Apr 2017 00:17 by NJGUY

Replied by descondon on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 07 Mar 2017 14:44 #53
To clarify, the Hit Film you need is Hit Film 4 Express and the URL is hitfilm.com/express

The product is free with many features. Additional features can be purchased later if you wish.

I will be using Vegas MSP 14 as my NLE of choice. Will visit Sony MSP 13 occasionally for certain titles utilising NewBlue Titler EX.

And will occasionally also visit Hit Film 4 for effects and titles.

Also with the native Vegas Titles & Texts I somehow don't think we'll be short of Titling options.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Videome

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 07 Mar 2017 21:41 #54

descondon wrote: To clarify, the Hit Film you need is Hit Film 4 Express and the URL is hitfilm.com/express

Yes, I have gone back and found out I was too hasty. Their website recognized I was registered as a 'HitFilm 4 Express' owner. I have re-installed it and had a foray into its workings. I agree with your earlier comment about attempting a composite title effect, it is a little daunting at first. They have a You Tube tutorial website which I visited to get an insight on creating titles as composite. I have done a couple which render quite quick and they are easy to add into VMS_14 timeline. However I am yet to discover how I can use them with transparent backgrounds, I have tried all the features or saving options of titles yet.

It looks like a handy tool.

EDIT Footnote:- I did end up paying a little extra fee. More than 70% of my video has Dolby sound tracks. HitFilm 4 Express will not accept Dolby audio unless you purchase the 'Premium formats for HitFilm 4 Express. Until I installed the extra pack, all my video was silent.
Last Edit:07 Mar 2017 21:58 by Videome

Replied by descondon on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 07 Mar 2017 22:08 #55
I am trying to get my head around a few of the little nuances in Vegas MSP 14 and to be able to learn all about another application, Hit Film Express is a challenge and I am not rushing to learn it all in one go.

Savour the moments. I will keep an eye out for transparency and tip you off if I know but I suspect you will probably learn that feature long before I do.

We can learn together courtesy of long-distance learning.

I've not heard any more from Edward at NewBlue, either he is busy searching for a solution to getting NB Titler Express up and running OR he has given up on us altogether.

I am still loving VMSP 14, it is solid, capable and very user-friendly. It is very like SMSP 12 in many ways but, unfortunately that version I feel was corrupted as it would crash all too frequently especially when using NB Titler EX and NB Transformations / Transitions.

The only good thing I can say about SMSP 13 is that Titler EX is working perfectly and I am creating plenty of titles, rendering and then using in VMSP 14. But the transparency question is there of course. NB Transformations / Transitions are working in VMSP 14 with the exception of a few which are watermarked. Must try to find out why. But not a priority for now.

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 07 Mar 2017 22:40 #56

descondon wrote: We can learn together courtesy of long-distance learning.

I've not heard any more from Edward at NewBlue, either he is busy searching for a solution to getting NB Titler Express up and running OR he has given up on us altogether.

Long distance learning sounds like a good plan. Neither have I heard from Edward or Caleb, the other person at New Blue who was offering advice. Last communication was 3rd March 2017 regarding the transitions I should have installed.

I agree the VMS_14 UI and the stability of the software is good. Its the missing 5.1 surround sound and dysfunctional titling/transition parts that are causing the niggles. There are other improvements I like too. Being able to choose how the ripple works and not having to switch between event fade and trim tools.

Just to keep you up to date. The New Blue ST Effects and Title EX are still working. Not had a complaint about serial numbers today, YET!
by Videome
Attachments:

Replied by NJGUY on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 08 Mar 2017 01:22 #57
Being nice again removed mean words.. :-)
Last Edit:09 Apr 2017 00:18 by NJGUY

Posted 10 Mar 2017 14:32 #58
Hi Videome and Derek, I have had a response, finally, from NewBlue's Caleb who says "Edward forwarded me your information. I think it might be best if we can arrange a time for me to connect to your system and make sure Titler Pro Express is working correctly. If you're open to that option, please let me know what time zone you're in so we can schedule a time."

I am extremely reluctant to allow anyone to have access to my PC given the reports of so many instances of abuse of that privilege. I am not suggesting NewBlue or Caleb should have their credibility or trust called into question. But gaining remote access requires that I install software that allows NewBlue / Caleb to have a look.

When NewBlue has completed its investigation who is to say that that software isn't an easy access point for hackers. Even if the software is deleted after the check, could there still be a weakness that is not there right now?

Would you allow anybody to have remote access? Would you allow reputable companies such as MAGIX or NewBlue to have remote access?

I have been a reader of Ask Leo's Q&A ( askleo.com/ ) for years, I find his advice to be most reassuring. He says:
"Now, most of the remote access technologies used by these firms allow you to watch what the technician is doing as he or she does it. That’s kinda cool, and often even instructive.

The problem is that once connected, there’s actually no guarantee that there isn’t more going on that you can’t see. That’s why I say it’s all about trust.

My personal position is that I’d be very reluctant to let anyone connect to my machine that way. They’d have access to everything! I can vaguely recall allowing someone to do it once, briefly, a very long time ago, but it still feels like a huge risk.
"

So, back to my question, would you allow remote access to your PC under any circumstances. In particular, is getting NewBlue Titler Pro Express up and running in Vegas MSP 14 worth the possible anxiety, stress and catastrophe of allowing remote access to your PC? Especially from another country, far removed physically as well as in time zones. As Caleb says we would need to schedule a time. Very tricky as he is based in the US I presume, I am in Australia, opposite time zones.

My instinct is to not allow anybody access to my PC regardless of the good reputation of the company.

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 10 Mar 2017 20:12 #59

descondon wrote:
Would you allow anybody to have remote access? Would you allow reputable companies such as MAGIX or NewBlue to have remote access?

I would be experiencing similar reservations as you Descondon. Why can't they give us a product that has been field tested correctly? Like you, I would not wish to undermine the integrity of either company or their employees. However there are too many horror stories of PC and personal identity disruptions to allow me to even contemplate giving consent to access. It would bypass all your built in security and peace of mind built up over the period of PC ownership.

On a lighter note. I have returned my version of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 with the consent of MAGIX. I am now the proud owner of a working Vegas Movie Studio Suite 14. Titler Pro Express works, as does Title Ex within the same Version 14. There is a but! I get a warning that Titler Ex will expire in 23 days, and counting down. I have written to New Blue Caleb to ask him to offer a solution. I have also asked for instructions on how to use Titler Pro Express. The reason I want instructions is when I hit the F1 key I am directed to their New Blue website and I get an error message, 'Page Not Found'.

There are some major shortages in customizing titles in 'Pro Express'. I cannot see how you can change either font style or font colour. Plus, I cannot understand what this 'Shared' means or the title numbering system to the left of the left box.
by Videome

Posted 10 Mar 2017 23:18 #60

Videome says: 'Like you, I would not wish to undermine the integrity of either company or their employees. However there are too many horror stories of PC and personal identity disruptions to allow me to even contemplate giving consent to access. It would bypass all your built in security and peace of mind built up over the period of PC ownership."

You have reaffirmed my thinking that I should not allow remote access under any circumstances. Short term result, maybe, but long time worry that my security and peace of mind have been compromised. Thank you for that.

I will think some more on what you've said about replacing VMSP 14 and getting NB Titler Pro Express to work, albeit on a limited number of days arrangement.

I had another go at adding a simple title in Hit Film Express to an existing video clip with reasonable success. Still have a lot to learn. As I do, we do, with NB Titler Pro Express if I can get it to work in the first instance.

But failing to achieve that I am not too concerned, I have NB Titler EX in SMSP 13, with the lack of transparency issue, and I am determined to master Titling in Hit Film Pro Express as an alternative.

I hope.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.925 seconds