VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new or existing

Replied by descondon on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 16 Mar 2017 22:01 #81
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 is now, for me, a major disaster scene and it appears that NewBlue has something to do with that.

I followed steps sent to me by NewBlue to rectify the problems of NewBlue Titler Pro Express not working.

And when I started up Vegas MSP 14 to check if the changes made a difference, it would not start, crashing at 'Creating Windows' step.

The Problem Report showed NewBlue to be at fault and so I deleted the offending NB plugin. I reinstalled VMSP 14, started up and it crashed again. Another NB plugin. Deleted that and the cycle continued.

Vegas MSP 14 has crashed more times than I care to think about, after a number of NB plugin problems and fixes the error switched to a new problem, 'c:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll'.

From the first day of VMSP 14 on 23rd February until today Vegas MSP 14 has been most stable, most comfortable to use, and with a great UI. I am now so lost without it.

My thinking is to delete any reference to NewBlue from Program Files but then my concern would be for my current ability to continue using NB Titler EX in SMSP 13.

I would value any thoughts, Derek, Videome, ericlnz, and anybody else who has experienced similar.

Just what is 'c:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll' and why is it preventing VMSP 14 from starting up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by NJGUY on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 16 Mar 2017 23:24 #82
Removed my comments :-)
Last Edit:09 Apr 2017 00:21 by NJGUY

• Videome
  • Videome's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 67

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 17 Mar 2017 01:25 #83

descondon wrote: Reply to self ... but hoping Videome and maybe Derek might have ideas?

But when I opened Vegas MSP 14 the splash screen was active through to 'creating windows' then crashed. Repeated start-ups three times and crashed three times.

Hi Descondon, I had exactly the same over a week ago now, see this post

www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/1361-vegas-ms-14-no-access-to-newblue-titler-new-or-existing?limitstart=0#6421

None of my three products worked. There is something that I do not fully understand goes wrong in the NewBlue folder structure on your C:\ drive that has to be cleared manually to overcome this situation. If you go to this link of a previous post of mine, this is how I overcame the very situation you appear to be in now.

www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/1361-vegas-ms-14-no-access-to-newblue-titler-new-or-existing?start=10#6471

"As I write this reply, no Movie Studio or New Blue products are in my system. I have cleared the lot. This includes a sweep of all 'Program Fies','Program (x86), 'ProgramData' folders for anything related to any of the products. I have also run a sweep of my registry and trimmed my SSD 'C' drive. I am starting with a clean as possible scenario to get another run at getting this sorted."

Once I had removed all three products, SMS-12, VMS-13 and VMS-14 and cleared ALL of the Movie Studio and NewBlue products out of my system, I calmly set about re-installing all in sequence by setting 'Nett Administrator' on and all worked well again. When Vegas Movie Studio crashes tick both boxes at the bottom, and scroll down and you will see it points you to the area I mentioned. The path to the folders that need to be deleted is C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX

After re-installing VMS-13 and VMS-14 and both the associated NewBlue packs, do not forget to enter your serial numbers and register each product as Nett Administrator before logging out and back to your normal administrator status.

The instructions for firing up nett administrator are here:- www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/1361-vegas-ms-14-no-access-to-newblue-titler-new-or-existing?start=10#6494
by Videome

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 17 Mar 2017 01:43 #84

ericlnz wrote: Possibly uninstalling may not have removed problem appdata. Have you tried resetting MS14 when you open it i.e Ctrl+Shift. But as Derek pointed out recently it doesn't work on Windows tiles, start menu items so you need to do it with a shortcut that links directly to the exe file.

Hi ericlnz, I have the latest Windows 10, but I am of the old school. I can't be doing with the totally new Win 10 set up where an app commandeers the entire work space, in my case two screens. I have therefore got my system set so that I have a desktop view without the tiles, just icons to prevent the total screen space takeover by the app. My point is, using the reset of Ctrl+Shift off desktop or directly from the 'exe' file does not prevent the system crashing if this situation occurs. It only seems to clear out any cache setting for program customization, not remove anything causing the crash because the program has lost connection with it, ie, a dll file. Both 'Magix' and 'NewBlue' advised me to do just what you said, and it does not overcome the problem.

My apologies, for being negative. I have been tearing out what little hair I have trying to get the 'Titler Ex' and 'Titler Pro Express' to work as an integrated package. I too have been where Descondon is now more than once recently.
by Videome

Replied by NJGUY on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 17 Mar 2017 02:08 #85
Decided to be nice.. :-) Comment removed by me..
Last Edit:09 Apr 2017 00:23 by NJGUY

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 17 Mar 2017 02:55 #86
Hi Folks,

Wish I had some thing positive to contribute that would help sort things out for you. However, I neither have Windows 10 or any Magix version. I just wanted to comment on a couple aspect of this thread. 1st, this may be an all time record for replies! 2nd, I commend you all for attempting to solve the problems you have run into with New Blue and Magix ver 14.

From my experience with Magix, and reading various forums and posts concerning Magix and New Blue......1st New Blue in the past has offered various versions of their titler software with various versions of Movie Studio and Vegas Pro and it is well known by long term uses, packaged versions of New Blue offered with specific versions of Sony software, most likely may not work with subsequent versions. I would expect that to follow suit with Magix versions as well. 2nd, Although representatives from Magix may very well visit this forum, like other forums, I think they have their hands full trying to keep up with their official website, so all the complaints and messages you leave here for New Blue and Magix, probably are best left at the official Magix and New Blue websites. It's my personal opinion, any comments you leave here meant for Magix just will not be very productive, and better left on their forum, as they monitor that and are more critical of replies and opinions.

I've never known Derek to shy from giving his opinion or helpful guidance. He may be busy making some of his excellent tutorials, a well deserved vacation break, or hopefully not a spout of health issues.

I would say, what you folks are experiencing with Magix Movie Studio, is not that much different than those we others experienced when they introduced Vegas Pro 14 last year. There were disappointments in that initial release. Magix did release follow-up builds to make corrections and add features. From my knowledge they haven't fix everything, but are working on it. In the case of this thread with New Blue and Hitfilm, these are add-on feature software and neither Magix, nor New Blue, nor Hitfilm can make fixes without the aid of the host program developer and add-on developer working together to identify the faults and jointly applying the fixes to assure in the process the fixes do not break something else. It is aggravating to us end users, but sometimes this takes time to sort out. In addition, they are developing for two primary platforms, Window 7 and Window 10. Although those platforms both are commonly 'Windows', they also have many differences for software development teams to adhere to.

I'm certainly not making excuses for Magix's seemly lack of response sometimes, just offering a possible reasonable explanation, as to why they may be slow in fixing a bug. It's even more complex for New Blue, as they have to deal with issues from Magix, their own development effort, as well as, a thousand different end user computer configuration, which may effect how their add-on software reacts and works with the host software program.

Anyway, just some thoughts from another forum member who appreciates your effort to report and tenacity to fix a problem that effects you. I hope soon Magix and/or New Blue will release a build to rectify your issues. I also hope you will continue this thread with positive replies, that will be most helpful to other members who may in the future be facing these same problems. I'm not on Windows 10, I'm not using Magix products or New Blue products, but who knows, I could be in the future, and if so would really appreciate hearing about the update or upgrade that will fix your issues.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24

Posted 17 Mar 2017 03:27 #87
Another removed comment by me.. :-)
Last Edit:09 Apr 2017 00:23 by NJGUY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 17 Mar 2017 03:42 #88

Eagle Six wrote: Hi Folks, I'm not using Magix products or New Blue products, but who knows, I could be in the future, and if so would really appreciate hearing about the update or upgrade that will fix your issues.

Thank you "Eagle Six", AKA George. This thread is a bout the lack of the add on's failing to meet the end user expectations. We are only using 'MAGIX' products ie Vegas Movie Studio because 'MAGIX' bought the company product Sony Movie Studio. This thread is not about MAGIX Edit Pro. Clearly it is about Vegas Movie Studio 14. It also has ramifications about the integration of 'add on' products associated with Vegas Pro. The integration is failing. Not just with the 'NewBlue' products but with the surround sound products too. As advertised. Vegas Movie Studio has the same basic 'Engine' as Vegas Pro. From any standpoint, the discussion here affects both Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio customers.

In the main, I entirely agree with most of the points you make and the thinking behind the comments regarding where to complain and the challenges facing the developers at Magix. We are sharing experiences on this forum and hopefully, eventually we will arrive at a solution. Currently its difficult not to express personal feelings and reactions regarding the individual disappointment's and minor catastrophes individuals are experiencing.

When you state

I neither have Windows 10 or any Magix version.

Does that mean you do not have Vegas pro or Vegas movie Studio? Interesting, as that is the main thrust of this discussion.
by Videome
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, descondon

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 17 Mar 2017 03:59 #89

NJGUY wrote: For the company to think it is ok to offer something with flaws and treat their customers as Guinna pigs then there is a problem with the company..

Hi NJGUY, You are not wrong here at all. Its not OK to use customers as guinea pigs. Unfortunately these companies we are discussing here are no different from any other in that regard. Just look at the number of re-calls in the motor industry. However this is at a level where there is a lot less at stake. Our pride has been stung because we feel like mugs having spent our cash and been sold short. I have every confidence that eventually in the not too distant future all will be resolved. I have experienced it with AVID, ADOBE and other large organisations including SONY. Once their technical teams understand the nature of the problem, they will resolve it. It is not preventing us from editing, just removing the ability to use the add ons as they were intended.
by Videome

Posted 17 Mar 2017 04:16 #90
Thanks VideoMe, Need more nature.. :-)
Last Edit:09 Apr 2017 00:24 by NJGUY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.972 seconds