VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new or existing

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 17 Mar 2017 04:38 #91
Hi NJGUY and Videome,

Thank You folks for your replies. I certainly am not trying to muffle your words and completely understand your anger. Also, from following your thread recognize you have voiced your opinion and frustrations directly with Magix and New Blue, which I'm sure is also a part of your contempt with what has probably at times seemed like a lack of proper response. I don't disagree with your disappointment, but was rather attempting to offer my appreciation for your determination to overcome a disappointment with some positive feedback.

I speak only for myself knowing to continue to beat a dead horse will only make the horse dead, not deader. I use Sony Vegas Pro 13, and have in the past used Sony Movie Studio 12/13 Platinum. With great anticipation, like many other VP users I waited for the Magix version to be released. I was disappointed more in the business practices of Magix software, than the actual VP version 14 release, then disappointed more in the response from Magix personnel when version 14 was released and their responses to loyal users concerns. Instead of jumping in to purchase, I elected to try the 30 day trial version. It did not provide any real advantage over Sony VP 13, and the trial period provided time to listen to those who were having problem with VP 14 and how Magix would address those problems.

When the trial version expired I decided to stay with ver 13, but continued to follow the threads and remarks at the official Magix website. Your complaints about Movie Studio 14 are not unique, as I'm sure you know. That doesn't mean your complaints are not valid. However, any solutions you have tried, and work around's are more of an interest than continuing to beat down Magix. Even though I don't have Magix VP 14 or Magix MS 14, my interest is in first the problem, then the solution, so I find your thread very interesting from that stand point. I'm certainly not asking you folks to change anything, just providing my opinion as another forum member.

Please understand I admire all the contributors to this thread for your determination, time and effort to find the cause, solution and or work around to overcome the problem you are experiencing. In no fashion do I want to sway your quest or your opinions and hope you continue until you achieve the fix. I agree you should not have these problems, but it is what it is, and maybe you will be rewarded at the end. I know it is difficult to be positive when the end doesn't seem to be in sight.

In the mean time, Sony Vegas Pro 13 and DaVinci Resolve 12.5 provide all I need. I'm still on the fence about Magix, but have not abandon the possibility I would upgrade in the future.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: descondon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by NJGUY on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 17 Mar 2017 05:14 #92
Nice weather isn't it.. ;-)
Last Edit:09 Apr 2017 00:25 by NJGUY

Replied by descondon on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 18 Mar 2017 13:55 #93
Thank you Videome for instigating this thread that deals with the very significant issue of plugins for Vegas 14, as you say, possibly Vegas Pro 14 as well as Vegas MS 14.

You have been an inspiration to me, a not-very-tech-savvy user of various Movie Studio iterations right up to the current Vegas Movie Studio 14. Although I did not follow every single one of the steps you undertook, I felt brave enough "to boldly go where..." I have not been before, to step outside my comfort zone. I am very wary of consequence of final actions such as deleting files. Once deleted they are gone.

Condensed version; following amendments suggested by NewBlue to attempt to get NB Titler Pro Express working my Vegas MSP 14 crashed. And crashed repeatedly despite all my efforts. When you gave us the steps to switch to Administrator login I tried it but nothing happened. Or so I thought. When I fired up my PC yesterday, 17th March, I discovered I had two login options, my standard and a new 'Administrator'. Using the latter I uninstalled and reinstalled Sony MSP 13, Vegas MSP 14, NewBlue Suite, NewBlue Transitions and some more BUT not all.

Late last night I had Vegas MSP 14 back up and running, hallelujah! That was my ultimate goal. I also had SMSP up and running but without NB Titler EX. I managed to reinstall NB Titler EX and opened up Sony MSP 13 this morning to verify if Titler EX is working? It is!

And so, my goal has been reached, I have my favourite and most stable Vegas MSP 14 working along with Sony MSP 13 with its most valuable Titler EX also working.

I have messaged NewBlue's Caleb and advised I would not be pursuing any further solution to the workings of NB Titler Pro Express. I do not wish to revert back to undesirable situations of the last few days. I have Titlers that work, NB Titler EX in SMSP 13 and also Hit Film Express should I need it. For less dramatic titles there is also the native Vegas Titles and Text in VMSP 14 and previous MS versions.

As I say I did not follow every step you took, Videome, but I did go out on a personal limb and took chances I would not have otherwise taken on my own. Thank you for inspiring me, for your positiveness and detailed description of remedial steps.

A big thank you is very much due also to MovieStudioZen aka Derek for creating and administering this excellent forum. I have visited various fora in the past seeking answers but this is the first time I have got actively involved within a forum. I shall continue to do so in the future. Thank you Derek.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24, Eagle Six

• Videome
  • Videome's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 67

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 18 Mar 2017 19:42 #94

descondon wrote: I have Titlers that work, NB Titler EX in SMSP 13 and also Hit Film Express should I need it. For less dramatic titles there is also the native Vegas Titles and Text in VMSP 14 and previous MS versions.

You are most welcome Descondon, Its a great feeling when you reach/recover a point you were aiming at. I always think computers are the most cantankerous pedantic machines ever invented. Slightest thing alters and they take the hump and will not return to normal operations until you dot every 'T' and cross every 'I'. Learning the idiosyncratic ways of computers is difficult.

The reason I re-posted your quote above is because there is another titling option open to you which many others reading this forum may already know or may have even posted it, I do not know. On occasions I have used Photoshop or Photoshop Elements to create a sequential group of images for tiles used in intros or closing sequences. Each image in the sequence is slightly more advanced than it preceding neighbour. Put them together on the time line and add transitions between each. I designed my own logo for my videos this way and use it as an opening sequence for a copyright message and another for closing sequence. If you have tried it already, it works well. You may not realise that VMS will accept multi layered photoshop images too.
by Videome
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, descondon

Replied by descondon on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 18 Mar 2017 19:58 #95

Videome wrote: On occasions I have used Photoshop or Photoshop Elements to create a sequential group of images for tiles used in intros or closing sequences.

That's a very smart idea and very attainable, Videome. I don't have Adobe products, I do have Corel Paintshop and I have created multi-layered images in the past and worked with the layers in SMSP 12 and 13 but only a couple of times.

But I will look into that option in more detail as it could very well be a sophisticated option with transitions. Luckily I was able to reinstall my NB Transformations transitions, there are some goodies included. These transitions prove that NewBlue produces some excellent quality work. And combined with this great iteration VMSP 14, the options are increasing exponentially.

Yes indeed, another great titling option and thank you for mentioning it.

PS. I will whisper this, are you planning on using or learning to use NB Titler Pro Express or, like me, are you going to give it a miss altogether.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, Videome

• Videome
  • Videome's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 67

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 18 Mar 2017 20:20 #96

descondon wrote: PS. I will whisper this, are you planning on using or learning to use NB Titler Pro Express or, like me, are you going to give it a miss altogether.

I am not a fan of it. As part of the package I do not understand why it has populated my computer with over 1,000 files and I can only access a couple of dozen. These file numbers are not accurate, but it is accurate to say many files have been placed on my computer by the NewBlue 'Complete' package that are consuming valuable SSD space and we as users cannot access them through NB Titler Pro Express. The folders are empty in the add on window, but the folders on my computer are brimming with files!!!!!

Simple answer to your whispered question 'NO', not in the short term. I am still waiting for a reply from Caleb at NewBlue. This is what I asked of Caleb.

There is no ‘Quick Edit’ window or section, just an area called ‘Variables’. This area only allows the user to change the text content, or choose another template. There is no option to change font , font point size or font colour. There is no ‘Title Designer’ option as shown in the ‘Choosing templates’ in the link to ‘Titler Pro Express’ help link you sent me. This is extremely basic and in no way meets the specification and superb flexibility of ‘Titler Ex’.

In this state ‘NewBlue Titler Pro Express is most definitely a backward step. I do not believe I have even a quarter of the program, just a few slightly low class but clever fixed templates and an extremely limited text editor. Could you even call it an editor, I think not, it just allows you to change the text, period.

It is now very important that you pursue your development team to see if it is possible to activate Titler EX in the new version. PLEASE!

by Videome
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, descondon, ianmacdon

Replied by ianmacdon on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 19 Mar 2017 02:28 #97
I bought the suite yesterday expecting the old ex bundled with the new version of newblue fx. After contacting the fx support they tole me it was working perfect, all I get is the express version, templates only ..its crazy. I then downloaded the old ex version and it shows up in the version 14 software, but it asks for activation key which was bundled with the old version 12 and 13 upgrades. It is a real pain. I this this version stinks. I finally emailed newblue fx to see how much it will cost to activatwe the rest of the features....will keep you informed.

Posted 19 Mar 2017 12:31 #98
Eagle Six, George, I have read your comments with interest, they are well thought-out observations, non-judgmental.

Thank you very much.

des
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by ianmacdon on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new or existing

Posted 21 Mar 2017 00:42 #99
So after many hours of deleting, re-installing and searching the web for help....and contacting Magix and new Blue, I am using sony vegas 14 to make videos and using sony version 13 to make thumbnails....nice improvement guys...,what a joke.

Replied by ianmacdon on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 21 Mar 2017 13:00 #100
This is exactly what I am doing...
For my current projects am doing temporary work-arounds by creating the titles using NewBlue Titler EX in Sony MSP 13, rendering and then importing as project media to the Vegas MSP 14 timeline.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.945 seconds