VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new or existing

Replied by NJGUY on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 10 Mar 2017 23:47 #61
Removed by me.. :-)
Last Edit:09 Apr 2017 00:19 by NJGUY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Videome
  • Videome's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 67

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 10 Mar 2017 23:53 #62

descondon wrote:

I will think some more on what you've said about replacing VMSP 14 and getting NB Titler Pro Express to work, albeit on a limited number of days arrangement.

I hope I have not misled you Descondon. My Titler Pro Express works without watermarks or on a limited number of days left warning. Its the other MSPPS Titel Ex that came with Movie Studio 13 that is working inside of VMS_14 with the warnings popping up occasionally. The warnings do not pop up every time and only when I first attempt to make a title. However there are no watermarks at the moment on either titler. Not as it was at the beginning of this series of posts.

As everything at the moment is working OK I have been concentrating on cleaning out my system of original downloads, some of which are duplicated. I have just backed up my entire 'Magix/Sony' download folder to a blu-ray disc for security, all 14Gb of it. I am a bit like a proverbial squirrel, I keep everything and back it up to disc storage. All my notes are now up to date so I can concentrate on trying out ALL the features of the new suite.

Good luck with the HitFilm titles. Like you attempting to get transparent backgrounds in imported Vegas 13 titles, I am trying to get the same effect in HitFilm titles. We will get there in the end.

Last Edit:10 Mar 2017 23:54 by Videome

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 13 Mar 2017 04:03 #63

descondon wrote: Hit Film Express is a challenge and I am not rushing to learn it all in one go.

Hi Descondon,

I have finally managed to get a 'Hit Film' title with a transparent background imported to Vegas Movie Studio 14. Its taken a while because I have been attempting to get HitFilm 4 Express integrated with Vegas Movie Studio just like Sonic pro. I just cannot get them to work together like pundits from other forums say it works. I have just been going round in circles and getting nowhere.

Today I found a solution for the transparent backgrounds. But I really do not know yet if its worth the effort. You need to export an uncompressed RGBA AVI fie (2.6Gb for an 11 second animated clip with no sound. Results attached.
by Videome
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: descondon

Replied by descondon on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 13 Mar 2017 16:15 #64

export an uncompressed RGBA AVI fie (2.6Gb for an 11 second animated clip with no sound

2.6 GB for 11 seconds, no audio...? Nicely done, Videome, but you wouldn't want to have to export that size file for every title. You'd very soon run out of space.

Referring back to my workaround, I take a short clip from a project, insert on Sony MSP 13's timeline, edit the appropriate Titles with NewBlue Titler EX, Render and then add the completed Titled Clip to the Project in Vegas MSP 14.

As I am getting used to doing this the process is becoming less of a drudge, speeding up a bit. But it is still slower than having NB Titler EX running in VMSP 14.

Being a pragmatist I can cope with that.

I have had mixed results using Hit Film for similar steps titling, i.e. importing clip to HF timeline, adding title and exporting. The actual process of adding the title to the clip is long-winded and tricky. I much prefer to use NB Titler EX in SMSP 13.

At least for the moment.

Replied by NJGUY on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 13 Mar 2017 23:02 #65
The other thing I do sometimes is make a png file with a fancy title in say Photoshop or Affinity Photo the add it as a overlay, then add a transition effect with that.. It works nice you just won't have and fancy individual letter movement but with titles sometimes less is more professional..
Last Edit:09 Apr 2017 00:20 by NJGUY

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 14 Mar 2017 03:41 #66

descondon wrote: I have had mixed results using Hit Film for similar steps titling, i.e. importing clip to HF timeline, adding title and exporting. The actual process of adding the title to the clip is long-winded and tricky. I much prefer to use NB Titler EX in SMSP 13.At least for the moment.

I could not agree with you more, it is tricky in HitFilm. I suppose it depends on a few things, like for example what you have been used to with NB Tiler EX and the extraordinary complex and brilliant HitFilm possibilities. I liked the tracking/key frame technique that HitFilm employed in their tutorial on making the title for 'Rebellion' on their website. Then I thought, hang on a minute, that is possible using key frames in the 'Pan/Crop' window. You see, creative thinking is not one of my strong points. I tend to slog away at a problem and get there in the end. I have tried the technique in Vegas Movie Studio 14 using New Blue Titler Ex and it works a treat.

I am still on a count down in VMS_14 with NB Titler Ex. It still does not show a watermark, it just tells me each day there is one day less for the trial period. If it all goes pear shaped in 18 days time I may have to revert to your technique. As of today, I have not heard back from New Blue's Caleb. He may have given up on me.
by Videome
The following user(s) said Thank You: descondon

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 14 Mar 2017 03:56 #67

NJGUY wrote: This is why I was so angry they deceived and crippled us from making decent titles we now have to be inconvenienced and make basic titles with the basic access.

Absolutely right, they did cripple us. The MSPPS13 set up works for both version 12 & 13. Now I have the Titler Pro Express working, it works in all versions, 12,13 & 14. However its very basic in terms of customizing, basically you cannot customize anything apart from your choice of words. No ability to change font, point size, or font colour. The only thing I have managed to do is to switch off some of their, what you might call titling widgets. It really is a backward step. If I loose my current ability to use NB Titler Ex in VMS 14 in 18 days time, as I can at the moment, I will be really gutted.

There is also the issue of Dolby sound not being allowed to be imported at the moment into VMS-14. I thought it was just 5.1 surround, but it appears to be a Dolby issue. I only realized this a couple of days ago when I was trying to import clips form my Panasonic 5.1 camera where I had used an external stereo rifle michrophone.
by Videome

Posted 14 Mar 2017 04:22 #68
@VideoMe A real disappointment.. I am not buying another version from Magix. Unless they fix this. If they don't, well will handle that when I need to..
by NJGUY

Replied by descondon on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 14 Mar 2017 13:16 #69

Videome wrote:

As of today, I have not heard back from New Blue's Caleb. He may have given up on me

Since I replied very politely but firmly that I did not wish to grant remote access to my PC under any circumstances to anybody or any business, I have also not heard any more from NewBlue / Caleb or Edward.

I do believe that you and I have conducted our quest for the truth in a positive manner, as it should be, we have avoided complaining about a product or service which is unnecessary and unhelpful.

We will get our answers...eventually.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 14 Mar 2017 14:13 #70

Videome wrote:
There is also the issue of Dolby sound not being allowed to be imported at the moment into VMS-14. I thought it was just 5.1 surround, but it appears to be a Dolby issue. I only realized this a couple of days ago when I was trying to import clips form my Panasonic 5.1 camera where I had used an external stereo rifle michrophone.

Presumably files recorded with your cameras internal mike (other than 5.1) are okay? In what way do the problem files using the external mike differ.
by ericlnz

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.975 seconds