VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new or existing

• Videome
  • Videome's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 67

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 14 Mar 2017 21:39 #71

ericlnz wrote: Presumably files recorded with your cameras internal mike (other than 5.1) are okay? In what way do the problem files using the external mike differ.

Hi ericlnz, I cannot give you a fully technical answer here, but I will try. I have always used my Panasonic camera in one of two modes. With or without the Panasonic external rifle stereo microphone. When the external microphone is not connected, it defaults to 5.1 surround sound. I have no means to alter the sound recording other than that. I have a number of cameras, only one records surround sound. The recordings from the other cameras import into VMS_14 without any warning messages.. All output from all of my video sources import into VMS_13 without any issues.
by Videome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Videome on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 14 Mar 2017 22:59 #72

descondon wrote: Since I replied very politely but firmly that I did not wish to grant remote access to my PC under any circumstances to anybody or any business, I have also not heard any more from NewBlue / Caleb or Edward.

Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Hi Descondon, I have had two replies today regarding the main subject matter of this topic. One from 'MAGIX' and the other from NewBlue.

'MAGIX'Thank you for contacting Magix Support.

Products bundled with older Sony versions may not be usable in the current MAGIX versions due to the namespace change that occurred when the product was re-branded. While Movie Studio Suite comes with New Blue FX and a Titler, Movie Studio Platinum comes with the New Blue FX, but not the Titler.

I thought this to be a very curt reply, unlike the helpful instructions I got from 'MAGIX' before explaining how to integrate 'Titler Ex' with VMS-14. Which incidentally is still working nicely apart from the splash screen telling me I have 17 days left today. However there are no watermarks.

NewBlue answer for Titler Pro Express helpYou can find our help information for Titler Pro Express here: newbluefx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/203388926-Titler-Pro-Express

There are a couple of issues with this help file. It describes use of the 'Quick Edit screen' and the 'Title Designer'. Neither of these are visible in my program, I have replied stating I do not seem to have all of the express version.

NewBlue answer for Titler Ex Trial Splash ScreenTitler EX was bundled with older versions of Movie Studio so I do not expect it to activate successfully in Movie Studio 14. Therefore you will likely get a watermark after the "trial period." I will check with our development team to see if it is possible to activate Titler EX in the new version.

That is the latest I have. I have sent a screen shot of the splash screen for NewBlue to peruse.
Last Edit:14 Mar 2017 22:59 by Videome
The following user(s) said Thank You: descondon

Replied by descondon on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 14 Mar 2017 23:33 #73
Videome, I was coming to message you with my latest attempt with NB Titler Pro Express when I see your latest. Shall refer to that in a moment.

This is what I have just sent to NB:

Tried NewBlue Titler Pro Express in Sony MSP 13. Dead as the proverbial Dodo.

Tried NewBlue Titler Pro Express in Vegas MSP 14. Initially no change.

But I was able to switch from Shared to Unshared – above the preview screen, and something happened.

When I clicked on Project templates, instead of always only getting ‘Projects Templates’ also in the drop-down list, I now had a drop-down list with various headers:
Effects
Lighting
Paragraph Templates
Project Templates
Shapes
Styles
Transitions

And that’s where it ended. Clicking on any of the above generated alternatives, and clicking on these had absolutely no effects on the sample text.

Back to square one.

Products bundled with older Sony versions may not be usable in the current MAGIX versions due to the namespace change that occurred when the product was re-branded. While Movie Studio Suite comes with New Blue FX and a Titler, Movie Studio Platinum comes with the New Blue FX, but not the Titler.

To which Titler does this refer? Is it the abject idiocy known as Titler Pro Express?

"NewBlue answer for Titler Pro Express help You can find our help information for Titler Pro Express here: newbluefx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/203388926-Titler-Pro-Express ", based on my experiences to date, including my slightly more advanced status tonight than any time previously, this help info is about as helpful as ... Yep, words have failed me!

Thank you for the update. let's see what happens next.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Videome

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 15 Mar 2017 01:54 #74

descondon wrote: But I was able to switch from Shared to Unshared – above the preview screen, and something happened. When I clicked on Project templates, instead of always only getting ‘Projects Templates’ also in the drop-down list, I now had a drop-down list

Hi Descondon, Great, did that myself and got the same as you. I had switched it before but not tried the 'Library' drop down to see what it revealed. Been fiddling since I read your post. I note I few more oddities below.
1) Once that switch has been flicked to the other side, the option disappears. Seems to be tied in with the VMS video project.
2) Starting a new project, the switch above the preview window returns.
3) Also, it seems that every title that is created within that VMS project stays with or is linked to a unique project stored with Titler Pro Express.
4) To confirm this, if you open a new VMS project, the title list in Titler Pro Express is empty.

I have been through all the drop down items in the list and opened every folder, all empty. However, if you look on your C:\ drive or wherever you store your programs for example here C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX\Common\Titler Content\Resources you will see there are 67 folders containing 1,008 files.

Go one step deeper to C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX\Common\Titler Content\Resources\Library you will see all those folders as seen within the program. 67 Folders with 697 files. The resources are there, just seems the program is not linked to the resources.

In the folder C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX\Common\Titler is an executable 'TitlerStandalone.exe'. Double click it and the program fires up. When you close it, it asks if you wish to save the project. However, as there are no menus on the title bar or anywhere else, how would you open up the project again? Seems to me it is a quickie cut down version that has not been tested correctly. As I replied to Caleb at NewBlue we only have part of a program.

You ask

descondon wrote: To which Titler does this refer? Is it the abject idiocy known as Titler Pro Express?

I can only guess its the limp version we have, certainly not the superior one we used to have. I will look at the link you gave me for the Zen help for Titler Pro Express. With all the bits that are hidden/lost/missing I can only give it a go and see if anything else is revealed.

EDIT:- Sorry, I am loosing it, that link is the one I got from Caleb. I'll just go and stick my head in a bucket for a while, just to empty my crazy expectations.
Last Edit:15 Mar 2017 01:59 by Videome

Replied by descondon on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 15 Mar 2017 11:03 #75
So many words, so much time wasted for all of us over an obviously very flawed and useless piece of software.

My thinking is to move on. I have my workarounds x 2 - Titler EX in SMSP 13 and Hit Film Express. I can live with either or both of them and easily forget there is something called Titler Pro Express.

A footnote about using either of the above workarounds. If I want to achieve transparency, to have the title sitting comfortably over the footage and not obliterating it, instead of creating the title in the alternate, Rendering, Exporting, Importing to VMSP 14, I take the applicable video clip TO the alternate, SMSP 13 or Hit Film Express, create the title and marry it up to the clip, setting the appropriate transparency levels etc, Render, Export, Import to VMSP 14 adding it to the remainder of the project.

The workflow, albeit a little more convoluted, works!

Posted 16 Mar 2017 13:47 #76
Reply to self ... but hoping Videome and maybe Derek might have ideas?

Following suggested remedies from NewBlue I un-installed and re-installed Vegas MSP 14 ; re-installed NewBlue Suite ; Activated and Registered, all acknowledged.

But when I opened Vegas MSP 14 the splash screen was active through to 'creating windows' then crashed. Repeated start-ups three times and crashed three times.

I un-installed and re-installed Vegas MSP 14 again. Tried opening but again it crashed at the creating windows splash screen.

Has anybody got any suggestions?

I sent the error report every time with as much information as possible but does anybody know who receives these reports, what happens with these reports, why don't we get feed-back or any form of explanation as a result of filing these reports?

Why is this occurring now when it has been pretty faultless and stable since first install 23rd Feb?

I am most disappointed that this NewBlue Titler problem is getting totally out of hand. I was ready to abandon all thoughts of using NB Titler Pro Express as it is apparently so basic and has wasted so much of our collective time and energy.

And now it has destabilised the most stable and comfortable version of Movie Studio I have encountered. Not just destabilised but it looks like it might have corrupted it.

I am going to persist in trying to re-install and achieve a fully-working Vegas MSP 14. Your thoughts in the meantime will be most welcome.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 16 Mar 2017 14:29 #77
Possibly uninstalling may not have removed problem appdata. Have you tried resetting MS14 when you open it i.e Ctrl+Shift. But as Derek pointed out recently it doesn't work on Windows tiles, start menu items so you need to do it with a shortcut that links directly to the exe file.
by ericlnz

Posted 16 Mar 2017 15:19 #78

Have you tried resetting MS14 when you open it i.e Ctrl+Shift. But as Derek pointed out recently it doesn't work on Windows tiles, start menu items so you need to do it with a shortcut that links directly to the exe file.

Thank you ericlnz but I am not sure what you mean. I feel you may be referring to Windows 10 when you mention 'tiles', I have W 7. As for the shortcut links to exe I'm afraid you have lost me. I am not technically minded in that regard.

I have un-installed both NewBlue VMSP Suite and Vegas MSP 14.0. I then re-installed Vegas MSP 14.0 but NOT the NB suite.

I have then been trying to fire up VMSP 14 repeatedly and every time it has crashed when it is at the 'Creating Windows' stage in the splash screen.

The Problem Reports had a different reason each time. For instance, Stylizers.ofx in OFX plugins NewBlue FX - I deleted Stylizers.ofx. Then, the Essentials bundle - I deleted it. Then, filters.ofx - I deleted filters.ofx. Then, a very different problem, c:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll.

I found c:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ but cannot find ntdll.dll.

What now, what is ntdll.dll, should I be able to locate it and should I do anything with it?

When I see dll I am very reluctant to touch it.

I feel that the main problem with starting Vegas MSP 14 is NewBlue. How much of NewBlue can I delete from Program Files?

Is it safe to delete 'Everything-NewBlue AND NewBlue FX' from Program Files? I have NewBlue Transformations that I purchased separately from the recent NB plugins that came with VMSP 14. They will be impacted if I remove everything from NB but I have the exe file and serial number so should be ok for restore. I am very cautious about what I do.

Is the problem really with c:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ but cannot find ntdll.dll and what should I do about it?

Replied by ericlnz on topic Vegas MS 14 No access to NewBlue Titler new of existing

Posted 16 Mar 2017 18:28 #79
Go to near the end of this thread here where Derek explains.

As for your other queries sorry I cannot assist. I just get the impression that NewBlue anything causes problems. Yet my MS12 NB FX are working in MS13 Suite and 14 Platinum but I did have problems initially installing on 12 trying several different files. Fortunately I don't have sufficient video grunt to run Titler so it's never been a problem! My favourite FX come from Magic Bullet (MS12) and HitFilm(MS13).
by ericlnz

Posted 16 Mar 2017 19:58 #80
Hi Ericlnz, I had Vegas MSP 14 running just fine since I purchased it 23rd Feb. Even with all the uninstalls and reinstalls of NB and VMSP 14 it survived.

Until today, that is, when I followed NB's directions to get Titler Pro Express to work. I should have left well enough alone, now I am very sad that it has succumbed to NewBlue-itis...

I think I'll be brave and go through program Files and delete every reference to New Blue. Then I hope that a fresh install of Vegas MSP 14 will work.

Will then re-install the NB Suite and my older NB Transformations and hope they don't crash Vegas again.

NB Titler EX has been working ok in SMSP 13 and, on a hit-and-miss basis, in SMSP 12.

By removing all things NB I may affect SMSP 12 and 13 as well as VMSP 14. A risk worth taking I think.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.872 seconds